Postings by Simba's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Feral Kitten in Car
Bart.- MISSING in- New River

Let's go for a- ride!!

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 2:44pm PST 
Good news, the kitten finally came out and went under the seat. Luckily a friend came over to help and we got him out. Thank you for the advise though. cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mikko, Oct 15 2:43 pm

Let's go for a- ride!!

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 7:26am PST 
I tried coaxing with food and even a small dish of milk replacement for kittens. He is very tiny, probably only a couple to three weeks old. Any suggestions??
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mikko, Oct 15 2:43 pm

Let's go for a- ride!!

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 7:23am PST 
Hi everyone. Last night I ended up rescuing a feral kitten from a drainpipe at a very busy street corner. We got him/her into a small box to travel in. Then when when I got home I left him in the car for about 2 minutes so I could run inside and let my boyfriend know that I was bringing him inside. When I went back outside to get him he was not in the box and is now up under my dash. Since he is feral he obviously won't come to me and will undoubtedly bite me if I try to grab him if that is even possible where he is.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mikko, Oct 15 2:43 pm

Food & Nutrition > Starting a pet-food bank

Rusty

Big Brother &- Protector of my- Siblings

Purred: Sun Dec 5, '10 3:42am PST 
way to go Thank you so much for that link, Alex!!! I have just skimmed a little of that page and there is so much info that I will definitely be able to learn from and some links that I will be checking out too!! It is perfect and there are even some pet food banks already in my state (even though not in my exact area) which may help me to get something going in my area. I am going to get busy reading this right now. I will keep you all updated. Thanks again everyone for all the great encouragement and help and everything!!wave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Dec 5 7:22 am

Rusty

Purred: Fri Dec 3, '10 3:44pm PST 
UPDATE: I found out that a certain organization supposedly supplied all of the pet food to our local food bank. I then went to their website and confirmed that they do donate petfood to them.
I went to our local food bank and asked them about that organization and was told that they only supplied a small percentage of the pet food they receive. I emailed the organization (who donated some pet food) and asked if they were doing the different things that I was wanting to do to get the food, and they replied that they were already doing all of those things and more and said if I wanted to help to email them. But I don't want to help them if I can get more food to the food bank on my own or whatever so I am going to talk to the local businesses and see what they say. They may not be able to donate to an organization but may be able to donate to an individual or maybe they will let me put a donation box at the store. I am not giving up yet. Thank all of you for your support and encouragement and input. I have read all of your responses and they are definitely helping me. Lots of things I didn't know or didn't think of. Thank you and I will keep you posted.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Dec 5 7:22 am

Rusty

Purred: Wed Nov 17, '10 11:20am PST 
Thank you both! I am definitely going to go down and talk to our local food bank/pantry. Yes, I do know about all of the pets being turned in to the shelters - I am constantly researching things like that so I can be as knowledgeable as I can when I am trying to convince people to spay/neuter their pets and to adopt a new pet from a shelter not buy one from a pet shop. The number of pets killed in America because there are not enough good homes for them is horrific. It is pathetic really when there are programs in our area to have your pets spayed/neutered for free, there is just no excuse not to. Anyway that is off the topic, sorry.
When we have needed to go to the food bank for food, every once in a while we were able to get cat and/or dog food also, and being in the area I live in I know there are quite a few more pets than there are in town (it is almost rural but not quite, zoned for horses etc.). I know there are a lot of people that can use the help for sure. I just want to help animals somehow and this is something I think our community needs right now. I also have a friend that wants to help too! I guess I will know more after I talk with the food bank. I will let you know what they say. Thank you again for the kind words and encouragement, I am a shy person so that helps me get the courage to do this!!!wave
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Dec 5 7:22 am

Rusty

Purred: Wed Nov 17, '10 3:46am PST 
I am not sure this was the place to put this but here it is. I would like to start a pet food bank for my area, maybe in conjunction with the local food bank here (still need to talk to them). Does anyone know anything about how to go about doing that?shrug and how to ask different stores to donate ripped bags or dented cans of pet food or maybe putting a box for donations in a couple of stores?? Is it even legal for me to ask them for these things since I myself am not any kind of a charity organization or anything like that??
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), Dec 5 7:22 am

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > outdoor cat enclosures

Let's go for a- ride!!

Purred: Sun Feb 14, '10 8:07am PST 
Does anyone have an outdoor cat enclosure that they have built themselves or have had custom made that they have pics of ??

I would love to see some of the other enclosures than the ones online to get some different ideas.

Thanks so muchwave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bart. MISSING in New River, Feb 14 8:07 am

Raw Food Diet > Is it Okay to Grind the Food?

Lil' Kitten.- (A.K.A.- "Billy")

FEED ME !!!

Purred: Fri Jul 24, '09 1:06pm PST 
You are absolutely right about that! I have found out that even though the meat we buy at the grocery store has all those chemicals and antibiotics and all those other bad things, it is far worse for them to eat kibble! They are able to eat the store meat since their digestive systems are much shorter than ours and the meat does not stay in their system for long at all, so the best for them is definitely a raw meat diet (in my opinion). And that is what the kitten is going to be fed. The great thing is he loves it and just the way he knew how to eat it like he was an old pro showed me that he is suppose to be eating this food not some hard crunchy little dry bits of corn (kibble). He is definitely designed to eat meat! I hate to support the factory farms by buying meat but until I have an affordable alternative that is what it will have to be.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lil' Kitten. (A.K.A. "Billy"), Jul 24 1:06 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Power of Purr Chain
Lil' Kitten.- (A.K.A.- "Billy")

FEED ME !!!

Purred: Wed Jul 22, '09 3:36pm PST 
PPPPPPPPPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
PPPPPPPPPPPPUUUUUUUUU URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
PPPPPPPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
[notify]

» There has since been 746 posts. Last posting by Strega, Sep 21 9:58 am

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.