Postings by My Family

GO!

Cats & Travel > cat tranquilizers and traveling

Count Fasie

Count Fasie is- ready to jazz!

Purred: Thu Apr 26, '12 9:55am PST 
The only time they've been in cars was when they got altered. Otherwise, we used a house call vet as we had no car. My parents are going to be helping me move and we can try some short car rides. I think I'll get some Feliway.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , May 19 6:28 am

Count Fasie

Purred: Mon Apr 23, '12 5:34pm PST 
He's 4 so age isn't a problem. We have a regular cat carrier for him to travel in. Then for the hotel we have a large dog kennel with space for litter box, food, and water.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , May 19 6:28 am

Count Fasie

Purred: Mon Apr 16, '12 1:36pm PST 
My husband and I are divorcing and splitting up the cats. My boy is going on a two day car ride and spending the night at a hotel. I plan to ask our vet about tranquilizers but I'd love to hear people's experiences with traveling with their cats.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , May 19 6:28 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Letting a kitty say goodbye to a dead sibling?

Duchess- Silver

The Duchess of- Pine Street.

Purred: Fri Sep 24, '10 1:13pm PST 
This morning our sweet Silver was the victim of a hit and run driver. I heard her scream and ran outside. Our vet was here within 20 minutes. Our Silver had a broken back and pelvis. Within 10 minutes of the vet's arrival our sweet girl was gone. She went on her own but in lots of pain.

When we adopted Silver, we took her brother Fasie as well. This afternoon we will bury Silver. Should we let Fasie see his sister? I fear that Fasie will mourn his sister and wander the neighborhood looking for her if he doesn't get to see her one last time. I don't know if one way or another will be psychologically better for Fasie.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Oct 11 1:42 pm

Bengal > Hello all you bengals out there.

Star

Let me in!

Purred: Tue Feb 3, '09 8:52am PST 
My name is Star and I'm almost 5. My sisters were sold for money but I was given for safety. A dog at my breeder's house attacked me and no one wanted to by me because "her markings aren't good enough". But Food Guy didn't care about my markings, he just liked me for me. So my breeder gave me to Food Guy who was her roommate's boyfriend. Then Cuddly Lady moved in with me and Food Guy and brought a dog. Then Food Guy married Cuddly Lady and we were happy. Until they adopted two kittens. They prefer to cuddle with Food Guy so I've been sleeping on Cuddly Lady's pillow and get along better with her dog than I two kittens. And that's me in a nutshell.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Dec 24 1:29 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.