Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 39: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > What is a serving side?
Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Fri Dec 27, '13 11:07pm PST 
big grin I have a couple of "black holes" too.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 2 2:07 pm

Raw Food Diet > Anitra's Vita-Mineral Mix - anyone else using this?
Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Tue Dec 24, '13 10:13pm PST 
Hmmm. I don't buy the mix, I make it. And as I read and understand the book, "The Natural Cat," the author uses it with raw meat.She has been feeding her purebred show cats for years, using this mix and fresh ground raw meat.

Our meat of sole choice - picky picky picky cats I have - is fresh ground chix thighs (I grind them) and the mix consists of kelp, bone meal, lecithin, wheat bran and yeast powder. Oh, they all get a Tabby Tab with each meal. Double oh! - I add calcium to the raw meat first then add the vita-min mix.

Damn, I am starting to sound like an, "I love Lucy" episode.

Lord, I have the hiccups now. Are you familiar with Foster Brooks? If so, that is what I sound like and I ain't even drinking. big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 24 10:13 pm

Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Tue Dec 24, '13 10:07pm PST 
1) Bless you for your response. I knew a guru would something for me. big grin

2) One day I will just stop typing in the middle of the dang night (subject line).
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 2 2:07 pm

Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Mon Dec 23, '13 11:27pm PST 
Ok, I am stumped. What does this august group of incredible feline fanatics regard as a "serving size." I mean how much like 3 oz, 5 oz, etc...?

Why do I ask? I use the Anitra Vita-Mineral mix powder and the instructions say, "add 1 tsp" for each serving.

Regards,
Perplexed
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 2 2:07 pm

Raw Food Diet > Anitra's Vita-Mineral Mix - anyone else using this?

Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Sun Dec 22, '13 4:02am PST 
OK, me lovelies. The subject line pretty much sums it up. Anyone else using Anitra's Vita-Mineral Mix? What are your results? Do you make it or buy it?

I have been feeding my cats rawfed for over seven years and it has reached a point where the rawfed recipe as published by Anne (catnutrition.org) and Dr. Pierson (catinfo.com) no longer worked. My cats no longer got excited about it, they only nibbled at it and they started to look kinda ratty. Yes, I tried new meats but chix thighs is all they will eat.

I vaguely recalled a mineral/vitamin mix in my "Natural Cat" book by Anitra Frazier. Desperate, I dragged the book back out and made the mix as it listed. Oh. My. Go. It totally works!

My cats always look good, thanks be to the rawfed. Now they look, feel, act even better. I have two very senior cats (13+ years old) that feel like bunnies and love to play with tennis balls, leap up for flying Ladybugs and flip dog hair balls.

Anitr's mix works so very well for me. Anyone else wanna weigh in on this? Please?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 24 10:13 pm

Cat Health > worms, fleas, HELP!!
Dillon

The Shepard

Purred: Thu Dec 19, '13 10:54pm PST 
So, babe, did you find any DE? You were right, TSC would probably have it and if not, they should be able to order it for you.

If neglected to mention that DE is a very effective flea killer. You rub it into their fur (not their skin). I did that for years but this bast year has been horrible with fleas so I bought the collars. Now I am a believer. My vet charges me $55 per cat collar but you can find them less expensive online. I bought a batch at $36/collar.

Please let us know how it goes, OK?

Cheers!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 19 10:54 pm

Cat Health > worms, fleas, HELP!!

Dillon

The Shepard

Purred: Mon Dec 9, '13 2:13am PST 
I am not quite sure where to go here. Of course I am going to jump and down and yell, "TAKE THEM TO A VET!" you said that is not really an option right now.

I recommend - and this is based solely on my experiences, and my vet's - I recommend getting some Diatomaeous Earth, aka DE and feed it to your cats every day. Diatomaceous Earth is a non-toxic, safe substance made up from crushed fossils of freshwater organisms and marine life. Crushed to a fine powder and observed through a microscope, the particles resemble bits of broken glass. Diatomacous Earth is deadly to any insect yet completely harmless to animals. And it is so cheap. Internal parasites can be controlled by giving Diatomaceous Earth internally. It is very important to note that it must be food grade – the earth used in gardens and pool filters can damage your pets.

Diatomaceous Earth can eliminate roundworms, whipworms, pinworms, and hookworms within seven days of being fed daily. To be most effective, Diatomaceous Earth should be fed for at least 30 days, to catch all newly hatching eggs or the cycling of the worms through the lungs and back to the stomach.

Fleas and ticks? Oh, Seresto collars hands down. Yes, the collars are expensive but they last 8 months and that makes it very cheap. It starts killing fleas within 30 minutes. I sat and watched the fleas literally curl up and die. I use the DE and these collars on all my cats (17) and dogs (3)

DE for internal parasites. Seresto collars for fleas and ticks. Now, did I bore into a coma? Did I come even close to answering your questions? big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 19 10:54 pm

Food & Nutrition > egg yolks...

Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Thu Oct 31, '13 10:13pm PST 
I have been using the recipe from catnutrition.org for years and it too calls for raw eggs. I ain't got nothing but healthy happy cats.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 31 10:13 pm

Food & Nutrition > Please take my survey on cat food!

Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Thu Oct 31, '13 10:09pm PST 
Did - answered as best I could for a rawfed/homemade diet. Good survery by the way.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Nov 9 5:41 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Halloween keeping kitties safe
Daigon

Tiny girl, tiny- peep voice.

Purred: Thu Oct 31, '13 9:59pm PST 
Darlin' you are so right. People can be so vicious. have all 4 of my blackies in with me as well as the remaining clan 13, all various shades. Yeah, I live in the country, have no neighbors, no random visitors but I am more paranoid in my old age. I keep ALL my cats inside at night.

Hope all fellow Black Cat(sters) have a safe and wonderful Halloween!!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 31 9:59 pm

(Page 1 of 39: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.