Postings by Takayla Morning Star's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Cats and a Clean Home > What is a good brand of self-cleaning litter box?
Zeborah- Shadow Ninja- of Doom

Can be foods- time now plz?

Purred: Mon Nov 29, '10 10:58am PST 
I have a friend who has a very OCD cat and will not use the box if she has gone in it. So rather then cleaning it every hour or so he wants a self-cleaning box. I don't have any personal experience with them so I couldn't recommend any.
Have any of you tried any of these self-cleaning boxes? If so which ones do you recommend I tell my friend to try?
Thanks a bunch you guys!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by AnnaBelle, Dec 2 4:41 am

Behavior & Training > Is a fluffy tail always a sign of agression?
Stanley Mk. II

Purred: Sun Jul 18, '10 8:14pm PST 
Thanks for letting me know guys! ^_^
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 18 8:14 pm

Raw Food Diet > Stanley\'s first raw meal!

Stanley Mk. II

Purred: Sat Jul 17, '10 5:40pm PST 
Today Stanley had his first raw meal. We just started with some beef muscle meat and some beef tendon. I was a little worried since I had always heard that cats can be picky but he took it right away! And then when we got near his food he would growl at use mol. Needless to say that behavior is going to stop by the next meal time but I am very happy that he loved his food so much. My fiancee is NOT a fan of feeding raw, so right now he will be mostly on kibble with raw maybe once a week, or tossed into his kibble. Either way a little raw it better then nothing. Soon enough he will be on all raw, I just have to let my fiancee warm up to the idea a little first.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Olivia, Tanner, & Finn, Jul 18 6:21 am

Raw Food Diet > Raw snacks? and other questions.

Stanley Mk. II

Purred: Sat Jul 17, '10 5:37pm PST 
As far as teeth brushing goes it is ideal to brush their teeth once a day, especially if you will be feeding them primarily wet food. There is a higher risk of dental diseases with wet food, so bushing teeth is a must.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Olivia, Tanner, & Finn, Jul 18 6:29 am

Behavior & Training > Is a fluffy tail always a sign of agression?

Stanley Mk. II

Purred: Fri Jul 16, '10 2:06pm PST 
I've been reading threw posts about feline behavior and everywhere it says that the fluffy tail is a sign of fear or aggression.
However when Stanley is playing and running around his tail usually poofs. Especially when he is chasing my feet under the bed covered. Even the hair on his back stands up sometimes. But he doesn't act afraid or aggressive, he pounces around and jumped about. So is this "fluffiness" a sign of excitement also? I know with ferrets their tail will get poofy when they are either excited or scared, so I am assuming its the same with Stanley
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 18 8:14 pm

Food & Nutrition > Pumpkin pie filling!
Stanley Mk. II

Purred: Thu Jul 15, '10 10:42am PST 
I'm glad it helped!
I always tell people to get a can of squished pumpkin so stop loose stool and it always does the trick.
I was going to mention that you should use a can of regular smashed pumpkin and not the filling because the filling has too many other things in it that aren't good for your kitty, but it seems that this was already brought up.
[notify]

» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*, Jul 23 11:46 am

Kitten Corner > Just got a kitty and I'm not sure if his paper work is right on the breed, can you help?

Stanley Mk. II

Purred: Thu Jul 15, '10 10:38am PST 
I remember growing up and a friend of my parents had a Siamese. Once I googled the apple head her cat looked just like that! Thats why I thought Stanley was a siamese. He doesn't have that wine bottle shape but he looks like the ones I have seen before. Either way he is a cutie pie. Maybe I'll look into the HHP. I have a few breeder friends who are always trying to get me to get a table with them at the local shows.
As for the M thing, I've heard that two and wasn't sure if it was true or not. Takayla my tabby has the M and looks nothing like a Maine Coon.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Sassy, Jul 22 7:33 am

Behavior & Training > How can I find the Galkie Kitty Tease- supposedly the best toy on the planet?!

Stanley Mk. II

Purred: Mon Jul 12, '10 10:00pm PST 
The Kitty tease is basically a solid fiberglass rod with a string on the end. A fiberglass riding whip would to the trick if you put some string on the end.
*edit* riding whip? riding crop? not sure what you call those things.

I personally love the cat dancer, and so do my kitties.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 25 5:08 pm

Behavior & Training > Started our clicker training today with the new kitty!

Stanley Mk. II

Purred: Mon Jul 12, '10 9:49pm PST 
Go here.

http://www.clickertraining.com/

there is a lot of helpful things about clicker training. If you're really interested pick up a book called Don't Shoot the Dog, it's written by Karen Pryor and is about behavior modification. The book will help you understand the basics of clicker training and has fun and helpful things you can use in everyday life.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*, Jul 25 10:44 am

Kitten Corner > Just got a kitty and I'm not sure if his paper work is right on the breed, can you help?
Stanley Mk. II

Purred: Mon Jul 12, '10 9:44pm PST 
Thanks you guys!
Bumpurr, those pictures of the siamese were very helpful. When ever I googled pictures of flame point siamese all of the pictures looked exactly like Stanley, which is why I started getting confused. But looking at the pictures you sent me, his body structure looks nothing like that.
Again, thank you for the help!
[notify]

» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Sassy, Jul 22 7:33 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.