Postings by Sugar's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

Behavior & Training > We're having a problem like Morticia is having, but with Sugar
Sugar

The Queen

Purred: Sat Feb 23, '13 5:32pm PST 
Sugar is 17 years old and like Morticia, we haven't taken her to the vet in a few years. We will be doing that soon, provided she stops attacking. She is a sweet cat and was even that way this morning. Then later on in the day, Gypsy Road went into the bathroomm...no where NEAR her...and she came tearing out of the bathroom, in Kung Fu Fighting style! She was hissing and literally hitting him. Now don't tell it's the dog fault. It was not as he was NOT NEAR HER at the time. I went in and gave her a little swat on the butt. She then growled and hissed at me. We left her alone. About an hour later, I went to check on her and noticed that she needed some water. I went to turn on the faucet and she scratched me on the arm...enough to were it bled and I am now bruised in that area. She kept growling. I offered her some treats and she ate them, with what sounded like the word "Yum", but kept growling. She ate breakfast with no problem. She did eventually calm down some and let us pet her. She ate her dinner with gusto...which is normal for her. Well, then again, just a few minutes ago, she went after Gypsy Road again...when he wasn't near her. We're not picking her up and taking her to the vet when she keeps doing that. Right now, she is restricted to the bathroom. Read Morticia's post and I was wondering the same thing. Is this behavior related? Is it health related? If it is, how do we calm her down long enough to get her into the crate? If it's behavior...HELP!! Again, please don't say it's the dog's fault. You really don't want to upset me with that, considering I SAW what happened between them. Thank you.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sugar, Feb 23 5:32 pm

Behavior & Training > Can't handle Neeka anymore
Neeka Renee

Sugar's the- Queen, but I'm- the Princess

Purred: Sun Oct 9, '11 9:00pm PST 
Hunter: We've had her about four years now, and she doesn't like being held. We were warned about that when we first got her.

To both of your fur pals: She will come up to you when the boys aren't around and on her own terms. We're going to try the gate first, since we have a spare bedroom. If that doesn't work, then she'll have to be rehomed.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Shortcake, Oct 10 7:00 pm

Neeka Renee

Purred: Sun Oct 9, '11 3:45am PST 
Thanks! I actually like the ideas of the pet gate. I'll take a look at that link when I'm on my laptop later. Yes, she came to us declawed, which we are thankful for since Gypsy Road already had one eye scratched by a clawed stray. We do have a spare bedroom, so that would be good for her. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Shortcake, Oct 10 7:00 pm

Neeka Renee

Purred: Sat Oct 8, '11 9:25pm PST 
No cat thing to climb on, but she does get on the cupboards. She does have her own area, just for her. It's been like this for quite a while. She doesn't have her own litter box. There's one for the dogs and one for the cats. She's very loving when the boys aren't around. She'll come out and play and want to be petted. She does haul out and smack the boys, even when they aren't bothering her. Haven't been to the vet lately, but is due for a check-up. She seems healthy, but we'll get her looked at, just to make sure. If we could climb the chair twice a day, that would be no problem, but Auntie Kim can't because of her ACL surgery and I am having joint issues...possibly lupus, but I'll get into that later. We really think the big problem is her and the dogs and her possibly needing a place without them. Sugar doesn't act like this at all with the boys. Thank you for you advice and hoping others will give their input as well. We'll keep you updated too. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Shortcake, Oct 10 7:00 pm

Neeka Renee

Purred: Sat Oct 8, '11 5:47pm PST 
She stays on the top cupboards in the kitchen. She won't come down. She poops under the chair and not in the litter box. We believe that she would be better off in a home without dogs and are thinking of rehoming her. Neither one of us can climb a chair twice a day, just to feed her because she refuses to come down. We are at the end of the line with her. What do we do? Thank you, and please no nasty replies. We want opinions, not rudeness. Thank you.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Shortcake, Oct 10 7:00 pm

Behavior & Training > Need help with Neeka..may have to rehome
Neeka Renee

Purred: Tue Mar 9, '10 9:28am PST 
Good day today...so far.

@ Kitsy: We're going to get her a tree. We don't have one yet, but she does have her own space. She likes to be under the table or up on the chair and she's been up there this morning and the boys did nothing.

We're getting on all of them, but I think the problem stemmed from Neeka. Right now though, everyone is napping. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Mar 9 12:19 pm

Neeka Renee

Purred: Mon Mar 8, '10 8:38am PST 
Thanks everyone. We are not giving up on her yet. We're going to try the tree with her and possibly a gate, if we can find one that we don't have to bolt to the wall and the dogs can't jump over. We're not giving up home. Meanwhile, we've been getting harder on the dogs, but we're also getting on Neeka too. She seems to actually respond to us hissing at her. The boys get away from the minute we tell them too. So it might be working. It's going slow, but it might be working. Thanks all.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Mar 9 12:19 pm

Neeka Renee

Purred: Fri Mar 5, '10 7:34am PST 
Natasha,

It's a good idea, but it won't work. First reason...Gypsy would jump the gate (already tried that in another home) and second of all, being in a rental...we're not allowed to put up a gate, due to needing to install it in the wall. Thanks for the suggestion though.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Mar 9 12:19 pm

Neeka Renee

Purred: Thu Mar 4, '10 7:00am PST 
The dogs were here before Neeka (the correct spelling, lol). We've had Gypsy Road since he was 3 months and Jack since he was one and they are both four now. We just got Neeka last year sometime...maybe a little before that, but the boys were here first. Can't take Gypsy Road to a dog park. One, there are not really any around here. The only one is in Buffalo, NY and in a bad area at that. Two, Gypsy Road doesn't like other dogs, except for his brother, (he was bitten in a class last year by a big dog) and is really wary of strangers, which is typical for his breed. So the dog park is kind of out. They do go for a walk during the day, since we have to walk a ways to get to our mailboxes, but again, with Jack's bad knee, they can't go to far with just me walking them.

I don't know if Neeka likes treats. I'll have to get that a try. I do know that she likes tuna fish, so I'll try I think.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Mar 9 12:19 pm

Neeka Renee

Purred: Wed Mar 3, '10 2:58pm PST 
Lucy,

Already planning on the medical check-up, will get the tree and have been training the dogs using Cesar's commands and they seem to be working. Gypsy is more excitable than Jack. Right now, Neeka is on top of a chair and the boys are leaving her alone, but it's like if they just walk by her, she goes crazy. I think the poster who mentioned the bad experience might be right also. Here's to hoping that we can work with her, because if not, she will need a family without dogs. We're trying EVERYTHING first though. *sighs* Back to the training.
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Mar 9 12:19 pm

(Page 1 of 18: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.