Postings by ~Grizzly~'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 48: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Kitten Corner > Now that I found the kittens, will the mom move them?
~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Mon Apr 21, '14 7:29pm PST 
I really hate that coyotes are such an increasing factor across the whole country - years ago they were indigenous only in the Western states. To speak of kittens as "snack food" for this invasive carnivore makes me sad.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ~Purrcy ~ Meohmy, Mon 7:29 pm

Grooming > Poop getting in fur
~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Mon Apr 14, '14 3:37pm PST 
Have you made any recent changes in diet? Do you give your cat dairy products? Have you had your cat tested for intestinal parasites? Any unusual stressors recently?
Any small toys/objects missing? A visit to your vet would not be amiss.
Some folks use organic pureed pumpkin (not pie filling).
Best wishes!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ~Purrcy ~ Meohmy, Apr 14 3:37 pm

Cat Health > Seeking some Guidance/Support

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Mon Apr 14, '14 3:13pm PST 
We get the guilt thing. I have never had to re-home a cat but I have thought long and hard about the "what ifs".
My take on your situation - I would let your mom adopt your 2 original cats - they love where your mom lives and have become used to a larger area than you can provide. The bonus is your mom LOVES them!! How wonderful is that? AND she would be willing to keep them, love them, and care for them. You get to visit them and continue to love them as your siblings. Hard to change roles? Yes, but you have to think of what is "best" for them - and you ARE thinking and in reality KNOW what you should do.
It sounds like the "new" kitty is missing YOU. (and you are missing her).
Don't feel guilty - go for the gusto! You have the makings of a great living situation for ALL concerned!
Bless you for being so concerned about the right thing to do and being such a loving catmom!
Hugs and purrs
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ~Purrcy ~ Meohmy, Apr 14 3:13 pm

Cat Health > I think my cat's pregnant!

Harpurr Lee

Saves- Mockingbirds

Purred: Sun Apr 13, '14 6:47pm PST 
It is better to adopt the kitten(s) out after 12 weeks with their mom and sibs.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 14 5:42 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > New here and looking for support

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Sat Apr 12, '14 8:42pm PST 
It is always difficult to lose a loved one. I send my deepest sympathy to you and your family.
It sounds like you did everything right for Austin and he was lucky to have such a loving momcat.
We send you hugs and purrs.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Apr 13 9:10 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '14 4:13pm PST 
Huge purrs for Tambolina and her family.
[notify]

» There has since been -42.2 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 8 4:27 pm

Marlin- Purrkins

Welcome to Wild- Kingdom!

Purred: Sat Mar 22, '14 8:33pm PST 
Claude and I chased a mouse through the fire screen (and broke it) in mumma's fireplace. (she wasn't happy about this)and we didn't catch the mouse!
[notify]

» There has since been -40.2 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 8 4:27 pm

Claude- Hoppurr

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Wed Mar 19, '14 7:12pm PST 
ok- hmmm. Let's get Fake Cats going again! Seriously is everyone on FB? Do yoou have any cat stories to tell?
This past year I have been going to shows. Mumma said she is campaigning me in the CFF Household pet division. So far I'm doing ok (I'd rather stay home and sleep, but that's another story).
Is any one else doing anything fun or different? Let's hear about that!!
wave
[notify]

» There has since been -38.2 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 8 4:27 pm

Cat Health > Does my cat need an IV and Blood work for spay?

Marlin- Purrkins

Welcome to Wild- Kingdom!

Purred: Thu Feb 27, '14 5:53pm PST 
Actually I would choose having an IV. I work as a RN in an ambulatory surgical unit - we have lot's of kids come in for tonsillectomies and such. None have blood work done - most kids (and cats) at that age are healthy and the trauma of drawing blood is best avoided. An IV allows for emergent care (if there is a need for that).
But if having neither done is an option, and you are comfortable making that decision - go for it.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 14 12:27 pm

Grooming > Any tips on preventing mats?
Claude- Hoppurr

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Wed Feb 19, '14 6:58pm PST 
Some people with long haired cats use a stitch remover to help get mats out. Mats usually form when the fur gets greasy - I use Psssssst(dry shampoo) to help remove the grease. If your cat won't let you spray him - try using cornstarch on a makeup brush and brush/dab it in, let it be for a day or 2 and then gently comb it out. A brush won't help here - you need a wide-toothed comb, I think.
Degreasing once a week should do the trick. Applying an anti static coat conditioner should help too.

Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Claude Hoppurr, Feb 19 6:58 pm

(Page 1 of 48: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.