Halo

Purred: Fri Aug 8, '08 1:34am PST 
*bumping*
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 8 1:34 am

Cat Health > Kitty Acne?
Halo

Purred: Fri Aug 8, '08 1:32am PST 
We are currently treating our kitty Halo for acne. The vet prescribed OxyDex Gel (~$15). The active ingredient is Benzoyl peroxide (5%). We were instructed to clean Halo's chin by combing through and removing the scabs. We apply the ointment twice per day. Also, Halo has ceramic food and water dishes. Hope that helps! =]
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 22 10:06 pm

Cat Health > Ramses vomiting mucus

Ramses

Purred: Thu Aug 7, '08 1:58pm PST 
Hi everyone,

My cat Ramses (10 months old) has vomited mucus a couple times over the past few weeks. He also seems little bit thinner than a few weeks ago. He still has a healthy appetite and full of energy, but I've never seen vomit that is just mucus before. Does anyone have any experience with this?

A few months ago, Ramses went to the emergency room. He had pulmonary edema (fluid in lungs) and recuperated in an oxygen chamber. They were unable to figure out what the cause was, and he sometimes relapses and has to rest for the day. I think he may have a heart condition that sometimes gets fluid in his lungs. Any experts think this could be related?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 8 1:34 am

Food & Nutrition > How much do you spend on cat food?

Ramses

Purred: Mon May 12, '08 3:20pm PST 
We have two kitties on Nutro (dry and canned) and spend $35.00 a month. Petsmart sells the 16lb bags of dry food for $17.00 and cans for 60 cents. Each kitty gets 1/4 a can and 1 cup of dry each day.
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Jul 10 3:54 am

Cat Health > Not sure if this is the right forum...

Halo

Purred: Mon May 12, '08 3:11pm PST 
We use a mix of 60% clumping litter with 40% non-clumping litter and it works fine for us. The non-clumping litter is at least 1/3 the price of clumping litter so it helps stretch the cost. We also scoop their litter box 3 times a day. Hope that helps! =]
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 14 8:24 am

Cat Health > Do cats pant?
Ramses

Purred: Thu Apr 17, '08 7:40am PST 
I was told by our vet that cats shouldn't normally pant (unless they are running around like crazy). Panting could mean that she's overheating.
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Apr 29 12:53 pm

Cat Health > wax accident! how to get candle wax out of fur?

Halo

Purred: Wed Apr 16, '08 5:18pm PST 
I have never dealt with wax on fur but I found this article:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2068546_remove-wax-pet-fur.html

If the wax isn't too close to the skin, I think I would just trim it off. Anyway, hope that helps!

=]
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jul 17 7:33 pm

Cat Health > Help with liquid antibiotics

Halo

Purred: Mon Apr 7, '08 7:18pm PST 
We just mixed the antibiotics into their favorite wet food and they ate it up!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 7 8:13 pm

Cat Health > I might be pregnant and I still really young...How can my mom tell?

Halo

Purred: Mon Apr 7, '08 7:02pm PST 
I am not sure about Nevada, but here in San Diego (CA) a low cost spay will cost ~$50.00. In addition, the shelters will refund you ~$25.00.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 29 10:58 pm

Cat Health > Fecal Float Examination
Halo

Purred: Mon Apr 7, '08 6:59pm PST 
I agree with Hunter. You should be able to take in a sample. Might even save you money since you wont have to pay for an appointment.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 6:59 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.