Postings by Tyger's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

Cats and a Clean Home > Wont pee in the litter box anymore :(
Sabre

Can I chew on- that?

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '12 2:13pm PST 
We've ruled out health problems already. It's all just related to the carpet. Carpet cleaning is not a requirement in Alaska when renting out to new tenants. Sad but true, the state is on the landlords side here. We actually own a duplex in Washington and always get the carpet cleaned so were pretty frustrated when we moved in and the carpets weren't. But oh well, my brother in law has a steam cleaner he is letting me borrow. Are there any type of enzyme cleaners that will work in a steam cleaner? That would sure make my job easier..
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Jun 28 9:03 pm

Sabre

Can I chew on- that?

Purred: Wed Jun 27, '12 9:15am PST 
Oh also, nothing that could possibly bleach the carpet will work here. The carpets are dark brown shag. :/
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Jun 28 9:03 pm

Sabre

Can I chew on- that?

Purred: Wed Jun 27, '12 9:15am PST 
Sabre has NEVER had an issue with going in his litter box. Until now. We moved from Washington to Alaska the beginning of May and ever since we moved into our new place he won't stop spraying! He has been fixed since he was 6 months old. I think it's because(and I'm very irritated about this one) the carpets never got cleaned after the last tenants. So I think it smells like the last animals that were here. We are having issues with our dog thinking the floor is a bathroom too(that issue is almost resolved though). Just curious if anyone knows what I should use to clean the carpets. We are going to have to do a full clean and I'm looking for something that will actually WORK. I read about this stuff called anti icky poo... its expensive but if it works I really could care less about price(we'd end up paying more in the end if he doesnt stop peeing everywhere). Anyone heard of that stuff, or have any other ideas??
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Jun 28 9:03 pm

Raw Food Diet > Anyone in Alaska?

Sabre

Can I chew on- that?

Purred: Wed Jun 27, '12 9:07am PST 
When Sabre was a kitten we had him on raw for his first full year and he LOVED it. We have had him on kibble for awhile now because I got pregnant and had my son and had just opened up a small business. I didn't have time to devote to making sure he was getting everything he needed on the raw diet. But I still have my old notebook with all the research I did and info and would really like to switch back over. I was just curious if anyone is in the Anchorage Alaska area and knows a good place to get meat? Next year we will have lots of moose and fish but we cannot afford the licenses for it this year since we are still by state law considered "out of towners". Any tips for finding a good source of meat? Or do you just shop the sales?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Jul 5 1:00 pm

Behavior & Training > Moving cats from bedroom to house

Sabre

Can I chew on- that?

Purred: Wed Sep 8, '10 4:31pm PST 
I was just curious if anyone has any tips for me. Our cats have always had their own room since we moved in here. They go into their room whenever we leave the house and at night when we go to bed. I would like to give them full reign of the house. We used to have an extra room besides theirs and our own to keep things like our instruments and I had a sewing area, but I am 20 weeks pregnant and that is now the baby room so my sewing table has been moved to the living room. It just isn't working. Anyone have any tips for getting cats used to having full reign of the house? I'm just not sure if we are going to leave them out all night and then find out in the morning that Sabre has hunted down our turtles or that Tyger has peed somewhere inconspicuous because she doesn't want to get in a litter box with sabres poo. mol.(and of course its impossible to keep sabre out of her litter box).
Anyways, sorry for the novel, just need some starting tips for trying to transfer them to full reign.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Sep 9 5:17 am

Raw Food Diet > where to get 30+ pounds of wild meat?
Sabre

Can I chew on- that?

Purred: Fri Apr 16, '10 10:01am PST 
I don't know if this works for you, as I don't know how many hunters you have in your area. But another option is to buy hunters leftovers. Usually when its a new hunting season, the hunters will give up their left over meat from the year before for a cheap price and sometimes even for free. I usually post a craiglist ad around that time. Usually this meat has been frozen ever since the hunter brought it home. Of course sometimes it is freezer burned, but my cats and dog don't seem to mind that.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 18 9:27 am

Raw Food Diet > Going on vacation

Sabre

Can I chew on- that?

Purred: Thu Apr 8, '10 10:55am PST 
Thanks for the ideas! I will do canned then! And I will definitely talk to DH about getting one of those compartment feeders if possible..that would probably make things a lot easier.

I'll have to see if my petstore has any ziwi peak samples.. and then Ill buy a little of the canned food to see if they like it. Thanks for the help! wave

ETA: We don't have anyone else who could come. We have a couple friends who probably could, but they really aren't trustworthy, and honestly we are afraid they would let the cats out the front door because they are just not very careful. Then my parents who we usually ask to help out are going on the trip with us so we only have one option left and that is DHs friend from work who is good with cats
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Apr 8 12:09 pm

Raw Food Diet > Going on vacation

Sabre

Can I chew on- that?

Purred: Wed Apr 7, '10 10:31am PST 
We are going on vacation for a week at the end of the month. DH has a friend who is going to come daily to check on the cats, but will not be able to come more than once a day to clean litter boxes, play with them, and feed them. Tyger does fine when we put her on kibble while on vacation but since we've got Sabre, anytime he is on kibble he gets the splarts BAD. Would canned be okay if it is left out for 24 hours?? He seems to do okay on canned. Of course nothing is like raw, but I am weighing my options right now and I know kibble is just not a good possibility for him.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by BK, Apr 8 12:09 pm

Kitten Corner > Kittens playing in litter box!

Sabre

Can I chew on- that?

Purred: Thu Jan 28, '10 3:44pm PST 
I think its a kitten thing. Sabre used to play in and roll around in his litter box too. Once in a while he will still do it, but he's growing out of it. Although I have had someone on another forum tell me that there cat likes to dip its toys in water then dip in the litter box and back and forth before playing with it. They changed their litter to "Worlds Best Cat Litter". It's made from corn so if ingested will not harm your cat in any way. Not to mention theres none of the nasty chemicals that are in other litters. The only down side is it's more expensive. But I have heard that it lasts a lot longer than other stuff so it makes up for the price. If you switched to this, as long as the litter box is cleaned daily there wouldn't be anything to worry about with them liking to play in the litter box.

http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/difference/odorbv1/?gclid =CNTc4YuhyJ8CFQpHagodGAhn6w
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Lola, Feb 25 2:29 am

Raw Food Diet > Blind owner, wishes to possibly feed raw
Tyger

*scratch* DON'T- STOP PETTING- ME!!

Purred: Mon Jan 25, '10 4:37pm PST 
I feed Tyger raw (Natures Variety Premade, turkey/chicken formula). She actually loves it, and it seems to keep the litter box from stinking. So far I recommend it. But like others said you don't want to feed it with kibble. I'd recommend going full premade raw or doing half canned/half raw. Tyger is the easiest pet to feed in my house! I do DIY prey model raw with Sabre, and our dog Maya, and our other animals eat live bugs, lol. Premade is much nicer smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Jan 28 11:59 am

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.