Postings by Church's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 118: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

What I Love About Catster > Sad News Today **Catster and Dogster Communities Closing**
♥- Roxy- ♥

Polydactyl Maine- Coons Rule!

Purred: Thu Jan 16, '14 8:57pm PST 
If it help anyone, this is the other cat forum website I am a member of:
http://www.thecatsite.com/f/

You can also make pages for your cats there although they are more basic pages compared to here.
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Lady, Jan 30 6:11 pm

Cat Health > Cat Drinking Fountains.
QGM- Harlequin- (Striped- Seven)

I am a show- champion!

Purred: Mon Jan 13, '14 4:47pm PST 
Unfortunately all fountains do have plastic parts, even the stainless steel ones- they just have less of it. So it is possible that your cat might still have breakouts, because the filter and filter housing will be plastic still.
That said I have a Pioneer Raindrop stainless steel fountain and I like it, except recently the pump stopped working, but I have been using it for a long time so it's not surprising, and it is replaceable.

I also have a "Drinkwell Hy-drate" which is basically a filter that you can put into any water bowl. It is plastic but it's about as much plastic as there is in the stainless fountains, and you can pick your bowl. I like the idea because I can basically filter any water bowl. My cats really like it too, they empty the water out of this faster than the Pioneer fountain. You do have to make sure the bowl you use is deep enough for it to fit.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Maus: DB #53!, Jan 27 2:33 pm

Food & Nutrition > Can Anyone Suggest a Good Auto Feeder that Works?

♥- Roxy- ♥

Polydactyl Maine- Coons Rule!

Purred: Sat Jan 4, '14 8:08pm PST 
It's not cheap, but my brother has one of these and likes it:
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Feeder-Automatic-Digital-Capacity/d p/B005PZ0HQM
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥ Roxy ♥, Jan 4 8:08 pm

Behavior & Training > Modkat top entry litterbox?

Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Mon Dec 2, '13 7:51pm PST 
Well, they have several other litterboxes they can use if they don't like this one. My cats are all young and have no problems with jumping. I just am at my wit's end with what to do about all the litter they fling out of the box. If I am not quick enough to clean up the litter they've tossed outside the entry to the box or if one of them kicks out a large amount at once then one of them sometimes pees on the little pile of litter in front of it instead of in the box.
I've tried using different types of litter but the other kinds I've tried either did not work well or else my cats were allergic to them (they have a lot of allergies).
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Spot (Striped Seven), Dec 2 7:51 pm

Behavior & Training > Modkat top entry litterbox?

Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Sun Dec 1, '13 1:35pm PST 
Does anyone use one of these Modkat litterboxes?
http://www.modko.com/pages/modkat-litter-box

I saw one yesterday at my local shelter's holiday faire for only $35 so I could not pass it up. They always have great stuff there!

I haven't started using it yet and I was wondering if anyone else has one? If anyone does-- do you use the liner it comes with it or no liner or disposable ones? Do your cats like it?

I usually use disposable liners so I am a little unsure about the reusable one that it comes with, especially as I can't go outside to hose it clean in the winter. My cats tend to kick litter out and track it even with a normal covered type box, so I'm hoping the Modkat box will help with that.

I put the box down to see if the cats would jump into it, I haven't set it up with litter or anything so they just think it's a box to explore and they jumped in and out with no problem which is encouraging.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Spot (Striped Seven), Dec 2 7:51 pm

Kitten Corner > Should I get littermates?

I am a show- champion!

Purred: Thu Nov 28, '13 9:46pm PST 
Yeah if you can handle three I would say go for it!
Kittens do much better with a playmate, so it's always better to get a pair. In fact some shelters I know will only adopt out kittens in pairs unless the person already has another young playful cat at home.
I have 4 littermates, three are boys and they are awesome. They weren't really a lot more trouble having 4 of them, just more litterboxes to clean. Well, the vet bills can add up-- unfortunately mine seem to have a genetic allergy problem so they all end up needing a lot of vet care.
When they were babies I rescued the feral litter and there were 7 of them! I was only able to find a home for one of them at first, so I had 6 of them until they were about 6-8 months old and then two others found homes and I ended up keeping the other 4.
When they were kittens they were so great together, they used to sleep in a big pile (in fact if you look at my Pet Page (go to my Photobook) you can see some photos of that!) They kept each other company and played together.
Now that they are adults they don't play or sleep together so much but they will still sometimes snuggle two together, groom each other, or play chase.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 1 7:36 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Major flaw with Tidy Cats Breeze litter boxes!

Blaze- (Striped- Seven)

TICA MS. (HHP- Champion)

Purred: Wed Nov 20, '13 4:58pm PST 
I found a product called Urine Off, which claims it can remove urine odors from plastic litterboxes (also hardwood floors, carpet etc).
I haven't had a chance to use it in my Breeze box pans yet but it seems pretty good on other surfaces. I have a few older Breeze boxes that are starting to get a smell in the tray that won't completely wash out so I am going to try it.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Blaze (Striped Seven), Nov 20 4:58 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Does the kitty litter type actually have an importance for cats?

Mister Grey- (Striped- Seven)

TICA M.S. (HHP- Champion)

Purred: Wed Nov 20, '13 4:49pm PST 
I think you should use what works for your cats. My cats have allergies so we can't use anything dusty, with fragrances, and avoid litter made out of grains.
I also have tried several litters that ended up causing swollen feet/infections due to contact dermatitis because of their allergies. So for my cats, it is very important what litter we use.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Mar 18 3:59 pm

Grooming > Help! Fish oil spill!

Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Wed Nov 20, '13 2:54pm PST 
Anyone have any ideas on removing fish oil from fur?

I was giving my cats an oil supplement for a while, and Spot didn't like it and fought back, the oil ended up spilling out the sides of his mouth. I tried to wipe his mouth but was fighting me and ran and hid because he was unhappy with being given the supplement. I figured he would just lick the oil off his lips, but I guess after he ran away he drooled the rest of the oil out of his mouth all the way down his neck.
Since he couldn't reach his neck with his tongue he could not wash it off. When I realized he smelled like fish oil, I saw that he had gotten it all over his neck and tried to wash it off but it didn't work. Water/waterless shampoo didn't do anything because it was oil.
It would not come out and it won't go away, it's caused a yellow stain in his white neck fur that is still there and his neck smells like fish! It's not really oily feeling now but I can't get rid of the fish oil smell or yellow stain.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jerry (formerly Bondi), Nov 21 6:53 am

Cat Health > Car sickness remedy?

I am a show- champion!

Purred: Mon Oct 28, '13 1:40pm PST 
Oh I forgot to add I also leave both the carrier and the booster seat sitting out in the house sometimes and she will sleep in them, so she is definitely used to them also. I also sometimes take them to events in the stroller, like pet shows and costume contests, she's always been comfortable with going places like that.
She doesn't get carsick right away, it's after we've been driving for a while although most often we aren't going on really long rides since we live in the city, but there's a lot of stopping and starting (city driving). Sometime she doesn't even throw up until after she's been taken out of the car when the ride is over.

Here's a photo of her riding in the car in the booster seat, you can see she's relaxed:
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1012104_744948745 359_773376834_n.jpg
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by QGM Harlequin (Striped Seven), Oct 28 1:40 pm

(Page 1 of 118: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.