Postings by Fredrick((In Loving Memory...'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Food & Nutrition > Indigo Moon for Kitten?
Brock

I kick the- stripes off Tony- the Tiger...

Purred: Sat Jul 19, '08 11:14pm PST 
Thanks Quetzel!

Shadow- Mol. I am well versed in Nutrition, but I have never actually read the ingredients of Indigo. I have heard recommendations, so I thought, hey, why not. I am mostly a lurker on the Dogster Nutrition Forums. Firefly is my main poster, if you have a dogster.*Goes to look*

But, I was actually thinking of putting him on Wellness CORE. It is more convenient to get. And Fred was eating it till he passed to Rain. Bridge.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Shadow, Jul 20 7:34 am

Food & Nutrition > Indigo Moon for Kitten?
Brock

Purred: Thu Jul 17, '08 11:56am PST 
I was wondering if it was safe to feed Brock SG Indigo Moon cat food? I know it is potentially risky in growing puppies, but what about kittens?

Brock has maybe a quarter of a bag left of Wellness Kitten Health. I really wanted to switch him over to IM, Since I realized I have a store that carries it!happy dance

But is it okay to feed him?

What about EVO Canned? The same store has this, and I looked a bit cheaper than Wellness.

-Price isn't that much of an issue, but I heard alot of good things about EVO canned and Cats-

Thanks,
Brock!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Jul 20 7:34 am

Food & Nutrition > How do I fix this? :-/

Brock

Purred: Sat Jul 5, '08 11:31pm PST 
Hopefully, he will be older and not so hungry when school starts. I am thinking of setting his own bowl in my room(none of the other cats DARE to go in there, I chase them out because I do not like them in my room and now they never go in there) and letting him free-feed out of it, he ALWAYS goes to my room now for food, he will yowl and scream his little heart out.

He will not leave me alone until I go to my room and fill his bowl up. He won't even head to the kitchen he will just bug me until I obey, mol!

His coat is looking better now that his body is free of purina.

Binks- You're right. Now I am starting agility with my dog, and I won't be able to feed him throughout the day. Now I am going to fill his bowl up with dry, and let him nibble it throughout the day. Give him 3 meals of wet at set times, but a bowl of good stuff will always be available.

Pray that will keep him away from the purina!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Gracie, Jul 6 9:30 pm

Brock

Purred: Fri Jul 4, '08 1:55pm PST 
Thanks so much for the advice.
I have been playing with him alot. And I am almost out of canned food.confused

But I have enough to keep him satiated so he won't eat the Friskies. Right now we are out of the Friskies, so my mom is going to go to the store soon. Thank goodness, I can use this no-food period to accustom Brock to his new eating plan:

BROCK'S FEEDING REGIME:

Morning: 2 tbs. of Wellness Turkey with 1 tsp. of kibble mixed in.
After morning playtime: 2 tbs. of Wellness Turkey
Evening: Same as morning^
After evening play: Same as after morning.
Night: Same as morning/evening
Night snack: Two greenies and 1 tbs. of Wellness Turkey

*Rasha- say 'Hi' to Buddy for me! MOL!wave
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Gracie, Jul 6 9:30 pm

Brock

Purred: Thu Jul 3, '08 11:58pm PST 
He does like wet food. But he does not like seafood varieties or flavors. I know, he is pretty weird for not wanting some sushi! Fish, he really doesn't have a problem with. But it has to be salmon. MOL. He doesn't like crab, lobster, or any other fish.

He tends to like his dogfursis Firefly's wet food better than his own. Especially the duck and venison. Yum. I bought him some Turkey wet food and he loves it. But Smokey tends to muscle in on it and I have to shoo him away.

I could try to mix some in. But I would rather him just not eat Friskies. I know, can't have your cake and eat it too, but I just feel like a hypocrite letting him eat Purina.

I have faired well so far. He tried to eat Firefly's food, but I gave him some wet and dry food mixed and he actually ate it. I am proud.

I'll mix a cup of wellness with the friskies, and give him canned meals about 4 times a day, with one dry meal.

I'll see if I can get him down to just 3 wet/dry mixed meals.

Thanks for the advice!
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Gracie, Jul 6 9:30 pm

Brock

Purred: Thu Jul 3, '08 9:53pm PST 
Hey everybody!

My kitten Brock is fed Wellness Kitten Health. The other two cats who belong to my brother and mom's boyfriend eat Friskies. We each have our own individual pets, and Brock is lucky to be mine.

But I have been having problems with Brock's feeding. Smokey and Goober(the other two cats, plus outside cat Fluffy) are free-fed a feeder bowl full of food that lasts about two weeks till you have to fill it up. Well, they eat Purina's Friskies, which I am against.

Brock has been eating out of the main kitchen bowl, and it is really peeving me off. I am trying to feed him 3 times a day at set meal times, but I usually fail because he keeps eating the Friskies.

Today, however, I have managed to give him 7 small meals throughout the day without him touching the kitchen bowl. He WILL NOT eat a large meal in one sitting, but take a small portion and come back later. But there is no 'later' with my meal times. You eat, you're done. If I pick the food up and he has only eaten a few bits, he will go and eat from the kitchen bowl(I leave his food down for 15 minutes).

I have tried to convince my mother to only put the kitchen bowl out three times a day for 20 minutes, but she will not agree.

So should I keep giving him 7 small meals, plus a snack(I have Greenies which he loves) here or there? I give him 5 dry meals and 2 wet meals.
He doesn't like them mixed for some reason.thinking

Any recommendations?
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Gracie, Jul 6 9:30 pm

Food & Nutrition > How much do you spend on cat food?

Brock

Purred: Thu Jul 3, '08 9:45pm PST 
Right now I pay for my own kitten's food. The other housecats belong to different family members, but me solely, I pay $9.99 for a bag of Wellness Kitten Health. He is on half a bag already. This is his first bag.

Normally I buy two cans of Wellness turkey as a mix in/topper. Which is about $1.59 a can.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Missy(never 'll forget you), Jul 10 3:54 am

Food & Nutrition > Vet knowledge about foods

Brock

Purred: Tue Jul 1, '08 11:54pm PST 
Isn't it weird how we Catsters know more about nutrition than Vets? MOL! They can't help they were trained by SD promoters.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Arthur (Miss You! '93-'09), Jul 2 12:44 am

Food & Nutrition > Are there risks for catnip with pregnant/cats?

Brock

Purred: Tue Jul 1, '08 11:53pm PST 
When I was 5 weeks I went cookoo over it. I guess it does varyshrug

We have two plants growing in the kitchen now. Brock's momma ate, rolled, etc. on the plant and she turned out fine. All the kits too, except for a stillborn one.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brock, Jul 1 11:53 pm

Kitten Corner > MOM IS GOING TO MAKE ME GIVE UP FREDDY!
Fredrick((I- n Loving- Memory...

Can a Dog and a- Cat REALLY be- friends?

Purred: Sun Sep 2, '07 9:01pm PST 
Thanks for the help guys.

I bought Fred a small litter pan and placed it in an easy to find, secluded part in my bedroom, and he is confined their until I can fully trust him. No other cats or kittens have access to it, so I am doing good. I am just glad Firefly doesn't touch it either, you know dogs...Bleh, but she ignores it, and concentrates on getting him out of her bed, LOL.

Currently, I have recored the times he went to the litter box. Once before bed, once during the night, and this morning and afternoon I witnessed progress. Mom has calmed, but still growls everytime I put Freddy on the livingroom couch or on the floor. But she is observing my training and thinks he will use it non-stop at the age of four months. Now, he is making real improvement. I just didn't want him to live outside or go to another home where he might be treated badly.

So, and I am also getting a special "Kitten" litter for him, so he will want to use it more and often. At four months old, I will introduce him to the community comode...Hehe.

Thanks! But more tips won't hurt!

Thanks!

Love,
Freddy and Amber
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Priscilla Purr-S-Ley, Sep 4 12:21 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.