Postings by Monro's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Food & Nutrition > nature's variety instinct or wellness core?
Monro

I can handle- ANYTHING!

Purred: Mon Feb 11, '13 2:43pm PST 
I chose the original and no, I didn't know about the sale. I'm not quite as knowledgeable when it comes to cat food as I am with dog food lol. I'm still just trying to get him on something good and grain free. He was on taste of the wild before this.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Beep, Feb 12 1:56 pm

Food & Nutrition > nature's variety instinct or wellness core?
Monro

I can handle- ANYTHING!

Purred: Sun Feb 10, '13 11:18am PST 
I'm torn between the two and want to know what you guys think. This is for the dry formulas. Canned is not an option for us right now. I had both nature's variety instinct and wellness core in my hands at petco today. I chose the core based on the fact that it seemed to have more meat content and was actually cheaper. So, opinions?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Beep, Feb 12 1:56 pm

Food & Nutrition > Taste of the Wild- canyon river formula. Opinions?

Monro

I can handle- ANYTHING!

Purred: Thu Oct 4, '12 4:43am PST 
Thanks everyone for the opinions. Monro is loving it so far and his energy level has boosted. He also hasn't lost any weight yet. He's still a 20lb monster though he's a largly framed boy. The wet food isn't really an option for us. Not only do we not have room to store a bunch of it but it's hard to keep the dogs away from his food as it is lol. He has access to water at all times anyway so I don't worry about hydration. If at any time the automatic water bowl runs out he knows how to get water from the tub. Now if I can get Monro to not snack on the dogs food (TOTW high prairie) all will be well lol.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Monro, Oct 4 4:43 am

Food & Nutrition > Taste of the Wild- canyon river formula. Opinions?

Monro

I can handle- ANYTHING!

Purred: Thu Sep 27, '12 4:36am PST 
We're in the process of switching Monro from natural balance to taste of the wild canyon river dry formula. I wanted to get all the furkids switched to a grain free diet. Monro was really excited when he first smelled it. Must be all the fish in it lol. Anyone ever used this food or anything? Any opinions on it?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Monro, Oct 4 4:43 am

Cat Health > I'm going to be neutered...

Monro

I can handle- ANYTHING!

Purred: Fri Mar 7, '08 10:45am PST 
Thanks every one!! I'm back to my normal self now. Yesterday they said I could be picked up at 2:30 so Mommy got to get me and see me before she went to work. I was really disoriented and mommy said I looked like I just got off a horse MOL! You were all right, it wasn't bad smile
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Benny Grunch, Mar 7 10:54 am

Monro

I can handle- ANYTHING!

Purred: Thu Mar 6, '08 8:20am PST 
Monro went in this morning to get neutered. I felt so bad for him. I took him out of his crate and the hair all over his body was on end, his tail looked like a feather duster, and he was holding on to me for dear life. I get to call at 1:00 to see how he did. I hope he relaxed a little and I'll feel so much better once he's home.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Benny Grunch, Mar 7 10:54 am

Monro

I can handle- ANYTHING!

Purred: Sat Mar 1, '08 8:05am PST 
Mommy said that I'm going to be neutered on Thursday. I'm scared. I've never been to the vet and this neutering business sounds scary. What is it? I heard mommy say something about taking my food away from me the night before!! I'm going to starve aren't I? I'm so scared. Has anyone else had this done? Will I be ok?frown
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Benny Grunch, Mar 7 10:54 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > when it's that time...

Smokey~In- Loving- Memory

See you at the- Bridge Bebay

Purred: Thu Jan 10, '08 8:53am PST 
It is unfortunately one of the hardest decisions to make. We had to make it for the first time on tuesday with Smokey. He had bladder stones and was blocked up completely. His bladder was growing and filling and he couldn't go. We couldn't afford the surgey he needed. As hard as it was (and still is) we decided it was best to put him to sleep before his bladder ruptured. We just didn't want him to have to suffer through the pain. But he was obviously uncomfortable as it is. It's a hard decision to make and even harder to decide when to do it. You're in my thoughts and I'm sure whatever you do mow-mow will understand.
[notify]

» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by My Sweet Lady (Rainbow Bridge), Mar 4 12:03 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Smokey is gone :(

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '08 1:03am PST 
Thank you all. Smokey had bladder stones. BIG ones. He was completely bocked and couldn't pee more than a couple drops. They were too large to taken care of with antibiotics. Surgery was his only option. I'm going to wonder all my life if I did the right thing. It's just so hard to have to make that decision. I just got home from work and he just wasn't there on the couch giving me that annoyed squinty look for turning the light on. I miss him so much already cry
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Smokey~In Loving Memory, Jan 9 1:03 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Smokey is gone :(

Purred: Tue Jan 8, '08 8:55am PST 
Over the weekend I noticed Smokey was peeing on things and having a hard time going. Only getting a little out at a time. Since my aunts cat had Bladder stones I figured thats what it was. But I never knew it could be as bad as it was. I took him to the vet on monday and an x-ray showed that he needed immediate surgery or he wouldn't make it. I wasn't prepared, and didn't have the money for the surgery. I spent the evening trying to get ahold of aid for animals and friends and family but couldn't come up with enough. So, unfortunately he had to be pts this morning. I feel terrible that there was nothing I could do to help him. I miss him so much. I can't stop crying. I love you Bebay. I'll meet you at the bridge.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Smokey~In Loving Memory, Jan 9 1:03 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.