Postings by Frank's Family

GO!

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > Cincinnati - Looking for cat sitter for two special needs kitties

Frank

Purred: Sun Mar 30, '08 5:11pm PST 
Frank and Omar are two siamese special needs kitties. Omar has CRF and needs to get 150cc of fluids every day. Frank was just diagnosed with severe cardio myopathy and requires medication twice daily. All but one pill can be crushed into his wet food but he still needs to have one pill given via a pill shooter. My husband and I are supposed to go on vacation in June and are looking for a reputable pet sitter with lots of references that can administer fluids and meds. We do not want to kennel them because unfortunately, when Omar is put in a kennel, he refuses to eat. Over the Thanksgiving holiday (a total of four days) he lost almost two pounds - hence the reason for us wanting to leave them home. If you know of anyone who might fit the bill or if you have any resources for me, I would love to hear from you. Thank you.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Boxie Brown Forever, Mar 31 5:38 pm

Siamese > Medical Problems with the Siamese Breed
Omar

Purred: Thu Dec 6, '07 6:09pm PST 
My brother and I both suffer from pretty substantial medical ailments. I have renal failure and my brother Frank has feline asthma that has led to an enlarged heart and we're told, will eventually lead to his demise through cardiac failure. Two vets have told us that these types of ailments are common in the Siamese breed. However, all of our feline cousins are Siamese and some have lived past 13 as outside cats with no sign of any kind of problems. Has anyone ever heard of this breed being more susceptible to such significant diasnosis?
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Fatty - 2006-2012 - Goodbye my, Dec 19 2:00 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.