Postings by Lakoda's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 187: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Kitten Corner > My kitty has bad gas
♥Mor- gan The- PirateGato

You Gotta Love- Me, I'm a Pirate

Purred: Mon Jan 28, '13 2:24pm PST 
ProPlan cans are great food. Gas can be caused by worms, or a change in diet. You may want to order some FortiFlora and put that in her food. It's inexpensive on Amazon.com.

That stuff is great - it helps with their intestinal tracks, and they love it! It can be used sprinkled on top of food if a cat isn't in the mood to eat. We call it Kitty Crack.

For dry you may want to try Evo Chicken & Turkey - it's made for kittens & adults - very low carbs and no ingredients from China.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mia, Feb 10 12:27 pm

Cat Health > How Cold is Too Cold, Indoors?
Shadowfax

Purred: Mon Dec 19, '11 3:20pm PST 
I have lived outside all of my life in CT. Through rain, snow and ice storms. Even with 20 degree weather I hang out on the roof and beg the humans for treats.

I have two dog houses - one is super insulated, and the other is not. Both have Morgan's Beds inside just for me.

The humans have tried and tried to tame me - but I am still afraid of them. They would bring me in if I let them - but I am no ready for that. So they do what they can for me. They feed me, have house for me, love me and worry about me.

We kitties can survive many many things.

Purrs

Shadow
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mya, Dec 28 5:11 pm

Kitten Corner > Rescue feral kitten tips

Amigo

Following in my- Dad's pawprints

Purred: Sun Jun 12, '11 8:42am PST 
Congrats on capturing Jack! Love the name too! A vet check asap is really important for him, and for your other cats. More than likely he will have some parasites - which is normal. The Vet can give you meds for them. I would suggest getting his tested for FIV. etc. before you intro him to your other cats. The vet can also give you a better idea on his true age.

Happily the younger a feral is captured, the easier they are to tame.
It took me 6 months to catch Amigo - and my bet was he would be trap/neuter/return. He was a real exception - he tamed quickly - and became a house cat.

Wishing you the best of luck with Jack - and thanks for making a difference for a feral.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Church, Jun 12 10:53 am

Food & Nutrition > Supplement question

Purred: Sat May 21, '11 3:52pm PST 
Meows Shadow - Doggys can have some things we kitties can't have.

The ONLY supplement we are allowed - well actually I have to have it every day to help my bad pancreas is ProZyme. My siblings can also have it - and it helps if someone also has soft poops.

Purrs from the Ship
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥Morgan The PirateGato, May 21 3:52 pm

Behavior & Training > Adopted a Mean Kitty!

Purred: Wed May 11, '11 4:52pm PST 
Congrats on your new addition! She's really pretty!

What I do here for intro is put the newbie in big dog crate in the dining room. Everyone can meet them - but they have limited contact. Everyone is curious and pops their noses in there, paws, and you can see the reactions. I also give the newbie a place to hide (blanket on the back of the crate)

Depending on how it goes - the newbie can come out under supervision for a while. Whoever is a brat - gets time out.

I also have two small dogs who love cats. The easiest intro of all was Willow. She was out the day she came, she stole everyone's hearts. She was till locked up at night for two weeks because she was so tiny.

But a lot of it is time and patience. When you get upset - they sense it too.

Wishing you lots of luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lola, May 11 9:03 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Breeds with Blue Eyes
Willow

I Believez!

Purred: Tue May 10, '11 8:52am PST 
He looks snowshoes to mees? And is furry handsomes!

I is a Gato - and many of us has blue eyes - maybees from the original cats that jumped da ships in Puerto Ricos?

Purrs Willow
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Max, May 16 7:13 pm

Behavior & Training > How to handle angry kitties in the shelter? Advice needed!

Willow

I Believez!

Purred: Sun May 8, '11 3:33pm PST 
Have you tried putting him in with his sister?

Think about how you would feel if you got dumped in a strange place, with strange smells, strange people and many of them in a cage? He's scared - and you can't blame him?

I would suggest trying him with his sister - if that doesn't work, try putting a cover on his cage. It will honestly take him a few days to get used to being there. Poor guy - I feel so bad for them when this happens.

For a few days I would feed him, clean the box, and limit contact. Hopefully he'll come around.

Thanks for trying to help him
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 9 2:03 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Litter Robot?

Willow

I Believez!

Purred: Sun May 8, '11 3:16pm PST 
We have a Litter Maid, and we also have the Scoop Free. You can get a forever tray for them for $30.00 and they work great!

The Litter Maid works best so far with World's Best Cat litter.

I know a few people who have the Litter Robot, and they love it. But you are right - they are super expensive.

Hope that helps
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 12 8:46 am

Food & Nutrition > Is there any Urinary dry food that is grain - free & healthy?

Amigo

Following in my- Dad's pawprints

Purred: Fri Apr 22, '11 8:03am PST 
Right now I am on Royal Canin SO, dry and wet. At least it smells & looks like normal cat food and I am eating it? The Hills stuff was terrible - Mom even hated the smell.

We are hoping I can go back on regular can food and Evo dry in a month after my next urine tests.

Mom was a little shocked when she read the ingredients - lots of yuck stuff - but Doc says I need the crystals to go away first.

Purrs Amigo
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Apr 28 11:05 am

Plus Power of the Paw > OUR MOM REQUESTS \"PLUS POWER OF THE PAW\"

Purred: Sat Jan 22, '11 6:40am PST 
Just sent you a paw mail. My Dad also had esophageal cancer - and Mom would be furry happy to talk to your Mom & the Family.

She knows about treatment options too!

My Dad had 20 endoscopies to help him swallow. He has one again next week.

Purrs for your Uncle

Morgan
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Timmy Tomcat DB #122a, Feb 13 7:31 am

(Page 1 of 187: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.