Postings by Tatiana's Family

GO!

Contests and Vote For Me! > Help Wayside Waifs Animal Shelter win $10,000!

Tatiana

Tatiana - Queen of the- Household

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '11 6:45am PST 
Wayside can win $10,000.. If each of us votes just once (you can vote every day), we'd easily be in first place in our category and the contest. Go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ca‚ÄčpellaInspires. Wait for the videos to load so the scroll bars appear. Go to community submissions, look for a kennel and a "making a difference in the lives of people and animals". Click "vote" in the lower left corner or play, watch and vote. Thank you!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tatiana, Jul 28 6:45 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Please spread the word about Annie
Tatiana

Purred: Wed May 12, '10 12:28pm PST 
Annie is a 5 yr old Torbie. She has been at Wayside Waifs longer than any other cat! It will be 1 yr this June. Annie needs a patient, quiet family/home without children, and preferably the only pet. She is a lot of fun, likes to play, is a terrific lap cat. She occasionally gives love bites, though, and some people don't like that, but she just wants your attention, that is all. We all love Annie so much, and we just want her to find her forever home. If everyone who reads this could please pass this along to everyone they know, it might help her find her forever home. Wayside Waifs is located in Kansas City, Missouri Here is a link to Annie: http://www.waysidewaifs.org Go to Available Pets, then Cat, and then scroll to find Annie.

Thank you!
Bonnie
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kurplunk, May 12 6:58 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Ontario Transport Going to Louisiana

Tatiana

Purred: Mon Sep 12, '05 5:36pm PST 
**Permission to crosspost**

There is a transport of dedicated animals-lovers headed down to Louisiana on
Wednesday morning from Ontario. They are traveling in a big old station wagon
with a boat in tow. They have been in touch with the Federal Government, have
waded through the red tape and received official blessing...

They are collecting supplies from designated points as they travel along the 401
from Cornwall to Windsor on Wednesday. The biggest need is for medical supplies
such as, I.V. fluids, needles, syringes, bandages & wound dressings, surgical
gloves, eye and ear cremes and flushes, dewormers, Revolution. They also could
use crates, water buckets and 2-way clips, tarps, towels, bedding, things that
can be used for shelter and shade. Anything that does not make this trip will
be transported at a later date through the Cambridge Humane Society, who already
have a cargo van of supplies and two people down there and will be making a
second trip in another week or two.

I have set up a drop off point at my home/garage in Toronto. Anyone in the area
who has supplies to donate can contact me at 416 274-8359 and I will give my
address. You can also drop off supplies at Kennel Inn at 14378 Yonge Street in
Aurora or at the Canine Wellness Centre at 2328 Queen Street East, Toronto and
they will be picked up and brought here for the transport.

Please note that food items will present a problem as they cannot be sent across
the border. Any food items donated will go to the Cambridge & District Humane
Society and will help feed the dogs that are being brought back from the first
trip. These are dogs that were owner surrendered or had been in the shelters
before Katrina hit.

I am making inquiries through the Canada Food Inspection Agency Vet Drugs
Directorate to see if some way can be set up to direct monetary donations to a
fund that can be used to pay for bulk pharmaceuticals to be ordered from the
drug companies (hopefully at cost) and shipped directly down to the vets
assisting in the region. If I get anywhere I will post the results.

Thank you for you assistance,
Luan Egan
Southern Ontario Border Collie Rescue
Toronto

Bonnie, Bailey & Tatiana
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tatiana, Sep 12 5:36 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Cat need home urgently!!! (Ontario)

Bailey

Whatever, just- feed me!

Purred: Fri Aug 12, '05 5:16am PST 
Hi everyone, I received this email from O.R.A. This cat needs a foster home ASAP. We are in Ontario. If anyone can help, please contact Claudia at the phone # below, or you can email me at c_and_b2002@yahoo.com Thanks! - Bonnie

Dear supporter,

Thos is an Urgent! Urgent! message

Every day, we receive several calls asking us to take cats that people no longer want, or stray and feral cats that are found all over the GTA. Unfortunately while we try to help anyway we can with spaying, neutering trapping etc., we cannot take those cats in because we are full above capacities a few times over.

However, we are now faced with a case that is very very painful. Last week, I have received a call from the Neighbour of a deceased woman asking us to take the cat of the deceased. It is a question of two or three days. The poor cat will be out in the streets with nobody to feed him and totally disoriented. Can anybody please foster this cat?. If someone can take him in then we can save him. We need a firm commitment to foster him for a term of three to four months. This is really a question of saving a life.

Unfortunately if nobody responds to this appeal, we are unable to do anything, since we do not have anymore space for another cat. By the way this cat should be initially kept separated from other cats, because he has never been exposed to other cats.

Please help and if you cannot take the cat, please spread the voice around.

It is very urgent, please let me know if you can help or if you know someone who can.

Please help us to save this cat!

Thank you,

Claudia Vecchio

Founder of ORA - Organization For The Rescue of Animals

tel: 416 726 5762
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bailey, Aug 12 5:16 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Cats needing foster homes in Ontario - urgent!

Bailey

Whatever, just- feed me!

Purred: Mon Jun 13, '05 7:25am PST 
Hi, I just received this email from the shelter we adopted Bailey from. Please cross-post. If anyone can help or knows of someone who can, it would be greatly greatly apprecated! Thanks! - Bonnie & Bailey

Dear Supporters,

We are in urgent need of foster homes for 4 kittens (picture attached) and for an adult cat.

Unfortunately we are full above capacities and we are not taking in more cats, but there are some particularly urgent situations in which we cannot decline to help.

These are two very recent cases: a stray cat is found running around on three legs with the fourth leg seriously injured. The cat in question, a male tabby approximately 3 years old, has been transported to the vet where he underwent tests and finally an operation to clean up the infection in the injured leg. He was put on antibiotics and after a week he is now finally well and ready to leave the vet clinic. Unfortunately we do not have a single space left where to place this poor little fellow. He has also been neutered and he needs a room in a loving home for a term of two or three months until a suitable adoptive home can be found. Can you help?

Four kittens, black and white need also a foster home for two or three weeks only. They can be fostered in pair (that is you can foster two kittens or all four if you prefer.) They are the offspring of a stray Mom rescued by a senior. He has decided to keep Mom cat, but he cannot take care of so many cats for several reasons (besides, living in a senior building, he is allowed only one cat). The kittens need a foster home (or adoptive home) by the end of this week. If you cannot house these cats yourself, please ask around, e-mail your friends, relatives, associates, place a note at work. These cats need your help.

For fostering and more information please call 416 726 5762 or 905 727 8895.

Thank you for helping,

Claudia Vecchio
Founder of ORA-Organization for the Rescue of Animals
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bailey, Jun 13 7:25 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Siamese Cat in Toronto Needs a Foster Home
Tatiana

Purred: Mon Jun 13, '05 7:24am PST 
Hi! I'm happy to say that Bowtie, the Siamese cat DID find a foster home quite quickly. I don't know if he's found a forever home, but at least that's a start.

Thanks!
Bonnie
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 22 7:52 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Siamese Cat in Toronto Needs a Foster Home

Tatiana

Purred: Sat Jun 4, '05 3:05pm PST 
Hi!

O.R.A. (Organization for the Rescue of Animals) has a 4 yr old purebred Siamese cat that needs a foster home ASAP.

The founder of the organization, Claudia, contacted me because they have run out of foster homes. We adopted our last cat, Bailey from them. They STRONGLY believe in no-kill.

Apparently, this cat's owner died and the neighbour has taken in the cat. However, the husband is allergic and Claudia has until Sunday at 2:00pm to find this cat a foster home (or to be adopted) or else the neighbour will take the cat to a shelter.

Kittens are almost always adopted first, so Claudia is very concerned about what could happen to this cat.

We would take the cat as a foster, however, as most of you know, we have quite a zoo at home already!

So, I promised Claudia I would put out the word.
If any of you are interested, or if you know of anyone that would be interested, in just fostering for about 2 weeks or a possible adoption, please email me as soon as you can.

I will be checking my emails throughout tonight and tomorrow morning.

The cat is in Toronto, but I believe that O.R.A. can provide volunteers to transport the cat to wherever a possible home is.

If anyone has any questions, just let me know and I'll see what I can find out. I know I don't have too much info right now. I just want to help find this cat a foster home.

Please email me thru catster or at c_and_b2002@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Bonnie
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 7:52 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How to adopt a mommy if you're homeless

Bailey

Whatever, just- feed me!

Purred: Sun Apr 24, '05 1:10pm PST 
I tricked my Mommy, hehe. I was 6 months old when I was finally adopted. I was sitting in my cage, and Mommy came to look at me. She thought I was really cute and asked if she could hold me. They let her, so I was very good and let her hold me for a very long time. Mommy adopted me right away!!! Well, I fooled her, because it's taken her months now to get me to want to be held! I really didn't like it, but I knew if I was gonna find a good family, that I'd have to fake it. I love my family, so being held once in awhile isn't so bad.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Jet, May 18 10:09 pm

Food & Nutrition > What's for dinner?

Tatiana

Purred: Sun Apr 24, '05 12:59pm PST 
Just wondering what you feed your cats? Tatiana & Bailey eat Innova Lite & for canned food, they eat Merrick - any flavour, they aren't too picky!
[notify]

» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by , May 16 7:24 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.