Postings by Luna's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cat Health > lethargic 7-month old male
Juliet

Purred: Tue Nov 19, '13 8:18pm PST 
That's absolutely not normal behaviour for a kitten, neutered or not. If he is going outside everyday, he could easily pick up various infections, parasites, etc. from other animals or even from contaminated soil or water.
He's definitely got something going on and needs to be checked out by a vet to determine why he is lethargic. The sooner he gets treated, the better the outcome!
Please keep up posted.
Purrs
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Juliet, Nov 19 8:18 pm

Cat Health > FeLV positive...
♥Chlo- e♥- 01/03/13

Stealth Ninja- Kitty

Purred: Mon Mar 3, '08 7:27pm PST 
Thank you Luciano and Pickles.
I've done some poking around the internet with meowmy about FeLV. I have been in a seperate room from Luna with my own food, water and litter box. If my next test result comes back negative, meowmy would still not allow any sharing between me and Luna until she got another 2 negative results over the course of a few months.
If I can't fight off the virus, meowmy says that me and Luna will probably never be allowed together unsupervised, and we certainly won't be sharing any bowls or litter trays. Even so, I know I've found my furrever home here no matter what my test results end up being. I'll be the best kitty I can be and I'll fight as hard as I can to beat this!!
I am glad for you Pickles, that you had a good life. It is heartening to hear that you had so many years of love and friendship from the other cats and the humans you found.
wink
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥Chloe♥ 01/03/13, Mar 3 7:27 pm

♥Chlo- e♥- 01/03/13

Stealth Ninja- Kitty

Purred: Sun Mar 2, '08 8:07am PST 
Yeah, from what I've read, the most frequent cause of infection is from bite wounds and sexual contact. I can't seem myself fighting with Luna-I just want to play with everyone; and, I'm not having any sexual contact with her since we are both spayed females.
I'm hoping someone eventually sees this who has had a FeLV+
cat(s) and a FeLV- cat(s) living together in the same household who can let me know how they managed.
I'm guessing probably a lot of humans don't want to touch this subject because it's a risky situation having me and Luna living in the same house. I'm sure there are many who don't agree with what meowmy is doing. But what does she do?
if she gives me up to a shelter-they are going to put me down because of my FeLV. No one is going to want to adopt me. I know she wouldn't dream of taking me to the vet for a long sleep on her own. There are no indications of illness right now. I am a playful, active, alert kitty who loves attention. She also told me her grandma's cat had FeLV from the time she was 3 and she lived to be 16 years old without much of a problem. Her last year she had issues with her teeth and mouth-but that's it.
So, meowmy knos it's not a death sentence. She also knows that I have a chance to shed the virus off. So, with these things in mind-meowmy says she has to give me a chance to live a full and happy life. She could've just left me to live outside, sleeping in and amongst old junky cars in the salvage yard, but she decided to take me on and she doesn't regret a thing. big grin
She keeps cheering for me everydaycheer and hopes my spunky attitude continues to show that I'm a true fighter.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ♥Chloe♥ 01/03/13, Mar 3 7:27 pm

♥Chlo- e♥- 01/03/13

Stealth Ninja- Kitty

Purred: Sat Mar 1, '08 10:41pm PST 
Hi everyfurr. I just moved in with meowmy here about a month ago. She took me to the vet right away and found out I was FeLV positive. I am going in for another test in 2 months to see if the result changes. The vet said there is a chance that I could shed the virus if I am able to produce enough of an immune response. My white blood cell count was higher than normal, so meowmy hopes that's a good sign.
Meowmy has another cat-up to date on all vaccinations-who is FeLV negative. I HAVE NOT HAD ANY CONTACT WITH HER. Just wanted to make it clear that we have seperate food dishes, water dishes, litter boxes, and rooms. I was wondering if any other humans out there had any experience with a FeLV positive cat in a household with a FeLV negative cat.
I know that this is a risky thing, but meowmy and the vet think I am too young and healthy to euthanize, and it would be difficult to find someone interested taking in a kitty like me who has tested positive for FeLV. Meowmy loves me very much and can give me a really good life for as long as that may be-virus or no virus-she wants to keep me.
Does anyone have any info for us??
Thank you.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by ♥Chloe♥ 01/03/13, Mar 3 7:27 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > In Memory of Hobbs...

Luna

Love me, feed- me, let me- sleep!

Purred: Tue Sep 25, '07 10:00am PST 
Hobbs is not a Catster member, but he is one of my mommy's friends kitties.
Hobbs was hit by a car in front of his house last week. The neighbour saw it happen and picked Hobbs up and held him with love as he passed on to the rainbow bridge.
I wrote this for Hobb's mommy and would like to display it here for everyone who has a kitty that has passed on.

I know that it's really hard,
And you miss Hobbs so very much,
But he's not that far away;
He's looking down at you from above.

He's at the Rainbow Bridge
Where all the other cats play,
And he's shining really brightly
'Cause he just got his wings today.

"I'm having lots of fun here, Mom,
There's so many birds and mice.
The treats are neverending,
And the other kitties are so nice!"

"I know you miss me terribly,
And I miss you so much too;
But I've met a lot of friends here,
And meow oh meow, you should see this view!"

"So, please don't cry too much;
I'll fly beside you all the way,
For you still hold the key to my heart
Even death could never take that away..."

For the love of Hobbs, 09/19/07
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sophia Marie, Sep 25 1:19 pm

Behavior & Training > Schizophrenia?
Luna

Purred: Thu May 3, '07 10:27pm PST 
You should check out this link I found it may be useful.

http://www.petplace.com/cats/feline-hyperesthesia/page1.a spx

I hope everything ends up well for you. I'm purring for you to be a happy well adjusted kitty.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Miss Mickey the Shmoo, May 4 8:21 pm

Laws & Legislation > Cats dissected in high school class rooms

Luna

Purred: Thu May 3, '07 1:51pm PST 
I can't believe that this could be legal! I feel absolutely disgusted by this. I'm upgrading courses right now to become a nurse so I am currently taking Biology. There is NO dissecting of ANY animals in my course. I am an animal lover and have been vegan for over 12 years and wouldn't even dissect a sheeps eyeball back in grade 9 science class! With the technology of today is is completely unneccesary to do this. You can get the same information from an interactive computer program on anatomy and dissection. I've always felt dissection of animals in school to be a cruel old fashioned method of teaching and NEVER EVER have I heard of ANY school using anything other than frogs and pigs. To hear that cats are bred and used just for this purpose makes me so angry. I hope that something can be done to stop this sick practice. How can we call North America a civilized and advanced place when this stuff happens? I thought we loved technology here, why does this happencry
[notify]

» There has since been 59 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Jun 8 10:32 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > HELP:Advice on befriending stray/feral? cat under my porch

Luna

Purred: Thu May 3, '07 1:03pm PST 
Thank you both for your advicesmile I have been feeding her on a regular schedule twice a day and always touch her blanket when I do hoping she gets used to my smell. She has been showing herself a little more to me and just today when I went to give her food, I saw her whole body. She looks quite round for such a small cat and I'm not sure she could've gotten that big on the amount I've been feeding her, (1/4 cup twice daily) even if she is catching mice or birds. I've never seen any evidence of bird or mice remains around but they could be under the crawl space I suppose.
I saw her 3 times today so far and the third time she was closer than ever before at only about 2-3 feet away from me. As usual, we sat there and looked at each other for awhile; she seems very calm and always curls her little paws under her and just looks at me inquistively. She does that little eye closing thing like she's smiling and doesn't make any attempts to run anymore when I move. I just close my eyes and smile back at her while speaking softly and calmly. I think she may be getting used to me a little bit because we were looking at each other for about half an hour as I kept inching as close as possible without scaring her. She finally made a move to go, but instead of running back into the crawl space, she moved out into the yard being careful not to get any closer to me than she was and trotted out under the fence to the neighbours yard. I didn't move until she was under the fence and then I got up to watch her go. She turned around to look at me, closed her eyes in that little smile and ran through the neighbours yard to wherever she goes during the day.
I know she'll be back as usual tonight between 9pm and 11pm for her next feeding. Hopefully she will be just as brave tonight as she was today when we were checking each other out. I wonder if she's a little nervous of me because she can smell Luna on me. I always try to go down with food after I've taken a shower and have fresh clothes on, but maybe Luna's smell is still strong and it makes her nervous?
I'll post another update soon on our budding relationship, hopefully it will become more trusting by the day. It seems to be going well so far...what do you think? Until next time
wave
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , May 28 1:35 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > HELP:Advice on befriending stray/feral? cat under my porch

Luna

Purred: Fri Apr 27, '07 9:39am PST 
This is the 2nd cat to find its way to the crawl space under my porch that leads to the tiny 1 room basement of my house. The only things down there are the washer, dryer and furnace. The 1st cat was pregnant, emanciated and very friendly; the whole story is on my page in my diary. This cat living down there now moved in the day after the 1st cat was caught and put into foster care.
I live across the street from a garbage and recycling transfer station (where I also work at) and I know all the wild "dump cats" that hang around. This one that is now living under my house is not one that I recognize as a resident "dump cat". I know it's a female because I saw the longtime resident fluffy orange "dump cat" mounted on her one day when I opened my back door. The male took off out of the yard and the female(also fluffy and orange) ran under the porch. This was quite a few months ago now and I don't know if she's pregnant or not. She doesn't look any bigger but she's fluffy, so it's hard to tell.
I know where she sleeps because of the tufts of orange fur, so I put a blanket down on that spot a while ago and have been putting fresh water and food every evening for her near her blanket. I know she sleeps on the blanket because there is an indent and kitty fur on it. I make sure I touch the blanket every time I put food down in hopes she'll get used to my scent eventually. I'm hoping to one day trap her and take her in to get a check up and to be fixed. I just hope she's not already pregnant because if she has the litter under my crawl space, it could be difficult to reach them. Do you think she would have the kittens on her sleeping spot if she is pregnant or is she more likely to hide inside the crawl space? If anyone has any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated. My sole interest is the health of this cat and potentially the survival of it's litter if she is pregnant. PLEASE HELP!!
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , May 28 1:35 pm

Cat Health > 911 please help
Luna

Purred: Sun Apr 22, '07 2:24pm PST 
Poor Catsy, I really hope and pray that you will be okay. I've got my paws crossed for you to get through this unscathed.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Nefret, Apr 24 11:12 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.