Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

Behavior & Training > Reward Good Behaviour/Discipline Bad Behavior
Skip

Mamma's Boy

Purred: Sun Dec 27, '09 5:46pm PST 
I'm a very social, happy cat. I love new humans and new cats and love being cuddled. Alround, I'm a "good" kitty most of the time, and Mommy is pretty good at giving me my favorite treat when I am good.
Lately though, I've been more bad than good. I've started to bite Mommy (for the past 4 years, I have NEVER bit any human ever!), I'll whine really loud every so often, and I love getting into the fishtank, the bathtub, and on the counters. Mommy has tried everything she can think of in forms of discipline. She raises her voice, makes sudden, lout noises (like clapping), and even has a spray bottle to hose me down when I'm really bad. I know what I'm doing is wrong, cause I always try to run away before mommy catches me, but I keep doing the same things!
Any suggestions to a new form of discipline for me that is effective?!?!?!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 28 5:53 am

Cat Health > Broken tooth!!!
Skip

Mamma's Boy

Purred: Tue Nov 3, '09 4:15pm PST 
I was up on the kitchen counter, drinking some water from the sink when Mommy walked in. I'm not supposed to be on the counter, so I jumped down, but my paws were wet and it was too slippery to land on my feet.
Anyway, I hit my chin on the floor, and when I did that, my front left fang pierced through my lower lip, then hit the floor, chipping it off. There's also a big crack in my tooth from the bottom to the top, and my lip is a little swollen. Mommy thinks my lip will heal just fine but she's very worried about my tooth.
Any idea's what mommy should do???? Is there such thing as a Kitty Dentist?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Nov 4 7:46 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Cat treats?

Skip

Mamma's Boy

Purred: Mon Sep 14, '09 7:29pm PST 
(replying to the first couple posts) i'd recommend not feeding your kitties too much tuna. Although a little does no harm, our poop STINKS!!!!!! Mommy gave me a bit of tuna and my poop stunk up the house for a week, Mommy wasn't too pleased...anyway no more tuna for us, but we love raw chicken!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 4 8:13 pm

Cat Health > Fur falling off

Malibu

!!!!CATNIP!!!!

Purred: Thu Jan 1, '09 12:05pm PST 
Well I know it's not fleas....it's too dry here in Calgary. Mommy hasn't seen a flea in over 13 years now (since she moved from the west coast), but dry skin is a possibility. I've always had dry skin, but never so much to cause bald spots. Mommy will see what she can do about that. Hopefully that's all it is smile
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 1 12:19 pm

Cat Health > Fur falling off

Malibu

!!!!CATNIP!!!!

Purred: Wed Dec 31, '08 10:54pm PST 
So it's in the middle of winter and snowing like crazy out here in Calgary, and yet the craziest thing has been happening. Instead of getting all fluffy for the winter, mom has noticed bald spots. It almost looks as though I've been shaved, as there are no injury spots, my skin is of natural color, mom has not noticed 'excessive grooming', and everything else seems completely normal, but I'm getting these bald spots.

Any ideas?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 1 12:19 pm

Behavior & Training > Help I'm driving my mom nuts!
Skip

Mamma's Boy

Purred: Thu Dec 25, '08 11:27am PST 
We go nuts over a roll of toilet paper too. Mom usually gives us one roll, which will last a few months, and we're pretty good at not playing with the roll in the bathroom.

I probably would not recommend putting anything on the toilet paper, like tobasco sause or bitter apple....think about it....you're wiping your behind with it....confused
Like most kitties suggest, keep your bathroom door closed...or if kitty's place is in the bathroom, or your kitty is super smart (like me, of course wink) and can open the bathroom door, just keep the toilet paper in a safe place like in the kitchen. Anytime you need to use the bathroom, take the roll in with you, and when you're done, put it back in a safe place...
[notify]

» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 9:59 pm

Cat Health > Who is killing our pets?

Skip

Mamma's Boy

Purred: Thu Dec 25, '08 11:16am PST 
We are very sorry for your loss cry, especially it being so close to Christmas. My big brother Bou was killed and 7 days later, someone had broken my tail, missing my spine by only a milimeter. They had to remove my tail just an inch from the base, which costed Mommy thousands of dollars in vet bills.

It's sad how disgusting humans can be, but mommy made it all work out. We have moved to another city now, and mommy won't let us outside, but we have been injury-free since that day.

Our prayers are with your family little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Feb 2 3:01 pm

Cat Health > Eye Infections

Skip

Mamma's Boy

Purred: Mon Nov 24, '08 9:45pm PST 
So Mommy gave me the saline solution 2 times a day for 3 days, and it has appeared that my eye has cleared up. Yay! No vet for me big grin. Hopefully it will stay this way...I don't need any more saline in my eye!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 25 7:35 am

Skip

Mamma's Boy

Purred: Fri Nov 21, '08 10:14pm PST 
Mommy didn't realise you could put saline in your eye, so she tried that on me. I HATED that! but hopefully my eye will clear up soon. Mommy is going to buy a saringe to make it easier, but she'll try the saline for a few days and see if there's any difference.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 25 7:35 am

Skip

Mamma's Boy

Purred: Thu Nov 20, '08 8:18pm PST 
So my eyes are very very sensitive and they often become red and swollen as a result of a scratch, or a simple hair or fur. Usually mom would get a wet cotton swab and swab my infected eye and a few days later, my eye clears up.
There's something different this time though. My right eye doesn't seem to stop watering...like I'm crying. The tears are clear and watery, and my eye is of normal size and color....any idea what's going on? Mom is trying to avoid the vet as there's just not enough money at the moment.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Nov 25 7:35 am

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.