Postings by Demeter's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  

Cat Health > BeBop\'s can\'t take it anymore
Pippin

One handsome- devil

Purred: Fri Nov 16, '07 7:41pm PST 
How sad, I'm sorry your kitty is responding so poorly =( But you know, spending your days terrified of needles and the people who hold them is no way to live either. It must be heartbreaking to see the cat so scared of its owners that it wets itself.
I'm guessing there is no medication they can mix in with kitty's food?
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Juliette, Nov 21 12:05 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Looking for information on fostering
Pippin

One handsome- devil

Purred: Sun Oct 14, '07 6:27pm PST 
Every week when I stop by Petsmart for kitty supplies and to just check out the goings on, my favorite stop is always the room of adoptable cats that are there through a partnership with our local shelter. They also have a lady who comes in every weekend with adoptable dogs, and she has signs looking for volunteers and fostor homes. I love my two cats to death and though I am not really interested in getting a third, I love working with animals. I used to work in a kennel during the summers in college and am pretty experienced in basic healthcare/training. I am thinking about applying to be a fostor home for this shelter. Can anyone tell me what I should expect and share any experiences they have had? Is it always mamas/kittens or do you get rehab/shelter overflow cats also? How long do you generally keep them? Are you responsible for vet bills (this would probably be a killer for me)? What are some potential pitfalls? I would appreciate any advice kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by QUINCY, Oct 16 5:51 pm

Cat Health > HELP!! Mama is getting mad

Pippin

One handsome- devil

Purred: Sun Oct 14, '07 6:08pm PST 
I am wondering if you may have a food allergy. Are any of the main ingrediants in the two foods you have tried different?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Boris, Oct 16 10:30 pm

Cat Health > Cat passed away hours after seeing the Vet

Pippin

One handsome- devil

Purred: Sat Sep 22, '07 7:47am PST 
I want to suggest an anuerysm or maybe a stroke. But I am definately not a vet.

I dont think you can blame the emergency vet. Vet care is not like people care - he is not required to give it regardless of ability to pay. Your regular vet should have been more suspicious, but then you dont mention how old the cat was.

Like the previous poster said, vets make mistakes just like everyone else. But I for one would hate to see vets saddled with the same kind of malpractice problems that doctors have. I know it hurts when something like this happens that may have been avoidable, but there has to be some measure of understanding. Why didn't your boyfriend insist that something more was wrong the first time he went in?
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Monte's MoJo, Sep 25 9:38 am

Cat Health > A Survey for cat lovers!

Pippin

One handsome- devil

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '07 10:46pm PST 
I think you are going to get slightly biased answers based on this board. Your research will indicate america is cat crazy.

I took the survey.
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Jordan aka Micheal Jordan, Sep 26 6:58 am

Cat Health > Securing Window Screens
Pippin

One handsome- devil

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '07 10:39pm PST 
You could try getting a kitty window ledge so that he has more room and doesn't lean on the screen so much. In the last place I lived the windows were pretty old and you could push the screens out with a decent shove...one day my housemate heard this crash followed by a thump, thump and ran in to find that pippin had fallen out the window and was trying to jump back in! haha! After that I made sure there was more ledge space and never opened the window far enough for a cat to get a good purchase.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pippin, Sep 15 10:39 pm

Cat Health > Kind of a gross question...apologies in advance

Pippin

One handsome- devil

Purred: Mon Sep 10, '07 6:23pm PST 
Is it normal for a cat to sometimes be a little swollen around the anus? I have noticed this occuring in one of my cats, some days more noticably (like a small blueberry) and other days not really at all. He's been that way for quite awile, and it doesn't seem to affect his litter box habits (no reluctance, constipation, blood, etc). I don't think I've ever seen a cat have this swelling (the other one's opening is flat), but then again, I never really paid much attention to my kitty's butts until I happened to notice this. So, how much is normal? Does it just mean he has to poop soon? Or does he have some kind of kitty hernia/hemmorhoid that I should actually have looked at? What kind of treatment would that entail?

Illustration: I just looked at his butt again and it looks totally normal...but two hours ago it looked swollen. Does this lend more credence to the 'need to poop soon' theory? I didn't notice if he used the box.

Also, he doesn't really like wet cat food so I almost always feed him dry. Could that be causing irritation in his system?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Munchie, Sep 11 1:04 pm

Cat Health > Bluish lump in ear

Pippin

One handsome- devil

Purred: Fri Aug 24, '07 6:38pm PST 
Aww Buddy I am sorry to hijack, but your smushed ear is totally adorable. It's like half of your face is ticked off feline and half has that regal look.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pippin, Aug 24 6:38 pm

Cat Health > Worms

Pippin

One handsome- devil

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '07 5:51pm PST 
You have to be careful with buying some of the over the counter worming products. Stay away from the walmart brand particularly as it is well documented that some cats have serious reactions to it.

It sounds like you probably have a tapeworm. Since your cat looks like she is still a kitten it is a good idea to have it treated...kittens need good nutrition and worms will slow down her growth. Your vet can give her a shot that will dissolve the worm in about a day. And for the future, like the previous poster said, make sure she stays flea free kitty

btw she is just beautiful =)
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Hunter, Aug 23 9:38 pm

Cat Health > weird health question
Pippin

One handsome- devil

Purred: Fri Aug 17, '07 6:58pm PST 
As far as I know pet toys are not regulated...that's why you have to be careful which toys you actually buy them at the pet store. The dog toys scare me more, to be honest. Dogs come in so many sizes and some of those balls meant for small or medium dogs just scream "Choking retriever!" to me.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pippin, Aug 17 6:58 pm

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.