(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Behavior & Training > a few issues
Pinkie- DG#21

Baby Girl

Purred: Mon Jul 8, '13 9:45am PST 
wave

Just wanted to post an update on Hunter

He has really calmed down a lot since his nuetering. He has not yowled or marked since he came home from his surgery. way to go

We got the feliway plug-in and provided him with a lot of toys and sratching pads to divert his extra energy. Grandpa is now enjoying the kitty he thought he was getting.

He has been extremely calm and enjoys hanging out with his Dad and guests.

Headbonks and thanks
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Monster, Jul 8 12:22 pm

Pinkie- DG#21

Baby Girl

Purred: Thu Jun 27, '13 3:57pm PST 
It has been a little over a week, and so far so good.

The night crys have stopped completely and no spraying.

He started covering his poop in the box which I read was a good sign in that he
doesn't feel as if he is the domanent cat. He had not done that since his arrival.

He is an only cat. But I am sure there are strays and ferals outside. We will keep you posted on his progress.

Thanks again for your help.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Monster, Jul 8 12:22 pm

Pinkie- DG#21

Baby Girl

Purred: Fri Jun 21, '13 10:34am PST 
Thank you so much for responding.

He did have the UTA. But the real culprit...he was not neutered... How this was undetected is amazing. Grandpa brought him back to the vet and asked them to please be sure. Dr. Nancy knew it right away.
We told Grandpa that with all that was happening, he couldn't be..we just couldn't believe the shelter wouldn't have known this by examining him and having him for as long as they did.

He stayed over night and the procedure was done on Wednesday. He is home resting and seems to be doing well. Hopefully, we will see a change in him now. We did order the Feliway and should be getting it soon.

Thank you again for the suggestions.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Monster, Jul 8 12:22 pm

Pinkie- DG#21

Baby Girl

Purred: Sat Jun 15, '13 11:41am PST 
Our family has a new cousin. His name is Hunter. He was adopted from a shelter and has been in his new home for about 2 weeks.

He seems to be 2 different cats depending upon the time of day and the room he is in.

Let me say, he is nuetured and was diagnosed with a UTA and has mites. He was given a shot of antibiotics about 10 days ago. He was in the shelter for 8 months and was known to be a shy and less confident then the other cats at the Habitat. He seemed to like being in his cage and did not enjoy other cats.

He is laid back, and friendly, affectionate some times and generally this is in the dining and kitchen area. He has a favorite chair which he stays on most of the day.

He did start urininating inappropriately up stairs and our Grandpa added a second litter box which he used immediately once put there for him.

His issue is with the living room where he becomes a different cat. He goes on the sofa and love seat and urinates there. Even though he is blocked off from that room with gates, he still tries to navigate up them to get in that room which turns into an agressive behavior. He moves fast, like his is stalking something and looks out the sliding glass doors. We thought maybe there is a cat outside that he can smell. But would that really get him going like that if he was neutered? He doesn't play with toys which we thought would help to redirect his focus. If he didn't urinate, it would not be an issue. But that seems to be a definite when he gets in that room.

Also at night, he yowls...loudly. It has seemed to become less over the last week. But he still does it.
Just sits there and yowls.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on why he could have such different personalites and if they have seen this before.

He seems overall a good cat. But we need to help him with this bad behavior. He is going back to the vets on Tuesday and my Grandpa will talk to her about these things going on with him.

We are a large family. But have never had these issues and don't know how to help.

Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Monster, Jul 8 12:22 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Purrs and POTP for all in the path of Sandy

Nonny - DG # 10

Pickle

Purred: Wed Oct 31, '12 7:25pm PST 
Whew..we have been worried.

So glad to see you gals and guys posting.
wave

We are purring for your friend in Toms River, Lacey...
Please let us know if you hear anything.
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Lacey, Nov 5 8:02 pm

Nonny - DG # 10

Pickle

Purred: Wed Oct 31, '12 11:52am PST 
Hey everyone!!

I am glad to see you posting. We are fine too. A lot of work to do this weekend cleaning up the yard. But Irene was worse for us. We didn't lose power this time.

We have insulin for Biggles to worry about now..so we are thankful that it didn't go out.

Our southcoast where Mom stayed as a kid with her grandparents during the summer was hit very hard. It looks like a war zone. Purring that everyone got out and is safe.
[notify]

» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by Lacey, Nov 5 8:02 pm

Biggles

always bite when- given the chance

Purred: Mon Oct 29, '12 1:34pm PST 
Purring for everyone. Still have power at my house. About 50 mph winds right now. Gusts around 70 mph. Branches coming down and banging the house.
It is scary.

Stay safe my friends.
[notify]

» There has since been 57 posts. Last posting by Lacey, Nov 5 8:02 pm

Biggles

Purred: Sun Oct 28, '12 3:11pm PST 
We are in RI. A little windy, gloomy,and grey all day today.
Stay safe everyone. hug

If it is anything like Irene, electic will go out
sometime tomorrow morning.
[notify]

» There has since been 72 posts. Last posting by Lacey, Nov 5 8:02 pm

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Biggles

Purred: Wed Sep 7, '11 10:01am PST 
We are purring for the furamilys left behind by our new angels and also for the sick kitties.

Our thoughts and purrayers are with them all. big hug
[notify]

» There has since been -18212.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Biggles

Purred: Mon Aug 29, '11 6:04pm PST 
Sending hugs to you Mo..the vet is not fun. But we need you to get better. big hug

From the doctors mouth today. "I think we are going in the right direction". That made Mom very happy to hear that. She is wiped out so I told her I would sneak to a computer in the hospital for a quick update.

I was much more alert today during our visit. Not lethargic and did not try to hide. My grandma came with Mom because Dad was working. I was so happy to see her and sat next to her for a while. I spend a lot of time with her during the day when Mom and Dad are at work.

I am not eating yet on my own. They are still syringing me. Sometimes I am taking it..sometimes fighting it. They are being very nice though. If I fight, they back off and try later.

I have not vomited and my vitals are good. I have a little fever tonight 102.7.

Mom brought tasty chicken and some chicken juice. I really was interested. But only licked her fingers a few times.

The purrs are working, I can feel it. Thank you for all the love and support you are giving me. I know it is helping to make me better.

Bye for now, I need my rest.

XOXO

Biggles
[notify]

» There has since been -18167.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.