Postings by Hawkeye (Rainbow Bridge)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 89: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Are your humans suffering from depression
Icebox- (Rainbow- Bridge)

Principles ...- Values ...- Common Sense

Purred: Tue Jan 21, '14 3:41pm PST 
Thank You Tweetie. I have been in Catster Buddies group early on and keeping up with everything over there.

hug
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Button - Angel Kitten, Jan 23 1:57 am

Cat Health > Are your humans suffering from depression
Icebox- (Rainbow- Bridge)

Principles ...- Values ...- Common Sense

Purred: Tue Jan 21, '14 1:14pm PST 
I have suffered from severe depression all of my life and have problems in social settings. When dogster was in my ISPs newsletter I loaded dogster because it looked cute. The first thing I saw was "THE COMMUNITY" and I checked it out. Then I put up my dog. After a few months when I discovered there was a catster too (how did I miss that?) I made pages for my cats.

For the first year I was afraid to post in the forums because it felt too public, but I had a lot of help and encouragement from my friends here and those who had my back.

I could make a post from here to the moon, but I will cut it short.

Catster and dogster has been the best therapy for my depression. I was able to make friends here and some have became my friends in my real human life. There are members here that have joined our community because they have very limited worldly contact with the outside due to various reasons including mental and physical and came here to catster/dogster because it isn't the mean hateful place other websites are. Shutting down our community isn't just pulling a plug out of a wall. It's pulling the plug on lives.

I guess I will have to go on meds now and live the rest of my life a zombie cry
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Button - Angel Kitten, Jan 23 1:57 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Litter Box Stink

Backstep

B the change U- want to C in the- world

Purred: Fri Jul 26, '13 8:30am PST 
In addition, I wrap dryer sheets around the filter.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Liriel, Aug 6 10:06 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Meow About the Litter Genie Cat Litter Disposal System

Backstep

Purred: Tue Dec 4, '12 7:47am PST 
thinking I wonder what I saw that I thought were filters for the Litter Genie? I researched some more and I didn't find any filters for the Litter Genie.

There are other devices that are similar to the Litter Genie. When I went to look at the Litter Genie I also found Lucky Champ and Litter Locker which are similar. Maybe one of these take filters and I made myself confused. Then there is the Cat Genie litter box in the same area and seeing those filters beside the bags may have made me confuse myself. All that kind of stuff was all together. Confusing one's self happens a lot when one is older than dirt red face

The way my cats poop machine, I need a 30 gallon bag Litter Genie silenced
[notify]

» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*, Nov 15 4:59 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Meow About the Litter Genie Cat Litter Disposal System

Backstep

Purred: Mon Dec 3, '12 10:36pm PST 
I almost got a Litter Genie. $14.00 - $5.00 coupon isn't too shabby.

From the testimonials here it works great like I thought maybe it would. But the downside it all that cost for the bags and filters. I didn't think about the bags and didn't realize about the filters until I went to look at the Cat Genies, then I was totally bummed out.

In the long term, I can't afford the Cat Genie. My cats must be major poop machines. I clean 5 litter boxers a day and a Cat Genie bag would only last me one clean up.

I still might get one for my brother for Christmas. I'm thinking a Cat Genie would work fine for him.

Anyone who is looking for a Cat Genie and can't find one locally, the Cat Genie and the bags and filters can be found on Amazon.com. Be sure to look for $25.00 or over free shipping options. When I checked there was a $5.00 Internet coupon (no paper clipping - yeah!) for the Cat Genie on Amazon.com though retailmenot.com
[notify]

» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*, Nov 15 4:59 am

Food & Nutrition > Urinary questions + Low Ash food
Scuffs- (Rainbow- Bridge)

... and now I- give you peace

Purred: Sun Jan 29, '12 12:53pm PST 
Hunter hug

This is so sad.

Myself, I am terrified I have damaged the health of my babies for life!

I did find out that those special for urinary health cans of cat food have the same ingredients, except for the amount of salt. Strange that one would need a prescription for cat food that has more salt. I discovered that Friskies has urinary health wet food. My babies are not touching that!!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Scuffs (Rainbow Bridge), Jan 29 12:53 pm

Purred: Thu Dec 29, '11 12:51pm PST 
Wow, that's a lot of info to memorize. I'm bookmarking this page.

Poor momma feels like she let me down :0(

Thanks Bumpurr hug
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Scuffs (Rainbow Bridge), Jan 29 12:53 pm

Purred: Wed Dec 28, '11 11:34am PST 
I am so glad to see this thread. I wasn't even sure what to title my thread. I don't even know how to start this post, for that matter.

I had to make an emergency trip to the vet because I could no longer pee. The vet had to cath me 4 times. He sent me home peeing on my own, a can of wet Royal Canin Urinary SO, and a prescription for either wet or dry Royal Canin Urinary SO. In less than 24 hours I was all full up again and not peeing. At this point my humans had to make the hardest decision they ever had to make. While surgery would slow down how quick I would fill up, the surgery would not stop it nor improve my quality of life. I didn't make my first furday which means that there are no guarantees after the surgery that it will take a year or more to fill up again, but more likely every 1 to 6 months. My humans just could not put me through a life like that.

What my humans are feeling now is terrified this will happen to one of the other male cats. Actually, Mom is in panic mode. Momma wants to take them all in for x-rays and the whole bit. What Mom needs the most to know is what is the best way to help prevent this in the first place? Mom did some Internet searches but all this did was raise more questions.

Does the food have to be a prescription food? Should the boys be fed wet or dry or a mix? What about a supplement, like vitamins and/or minerals? Is water from the tap okay, or should I give them bottled or distilled water? Will feeding the same food to the girls hurt them?
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Scuffs (Rainbow Bridge), Jan 29 12:53 pm

What I Love About Catster > Question about Friends

Backstep

Purred: Fri Oct 28, '11 8:37am PST 
If you have sent a friend request to the cat family before, even if only to one of the cats in the family, it will show you in red at the top of the paragraph along with the date it was sent.

Since my friends get new cat siblings all the time, I check the "already friends" and send the request to the new family member.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mugsy, Oct 28 8:53 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Fly free Hawkeye.
Hawkeye- (Rainbow- Bridge)

Yeah,- Whatever....

Purred: Thu Sep 15, '11 8:29am PST 
It never ceases to amaze me how much love and support catsters have for one another.

Our family has lost 7 furbabies in 10 years, and each time you are always there for us.

Thanks, and endless hugs to all of you hug
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by SKIDS KITTY gone, never forgot, Sep 23 9:35 pm

(Page 1 of 89: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.