GO!

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

Cat Health > Anal Glands?
Lexy

Meow

Purred: Mon Jul 28, '08 7:50am PST 
Boy talking about my butt can be embarrassing

Mommy never expressed my glands because to begin with she didn't know what was wrong with me, but she also was squeamish about violating me. So she always took me to the vet....and I actually had a very bad experience w/ my anal glands starting at 1yr old. For me, mine continued to get infected and would make me very lethargic and anti-social....wouldn't eat, etc. I had them expressed 3x's within a year which like some have said is very uncommon for cats. Finally at the last expression the vet suggested that they should be removed. I had my butt glands removed over a year ago and I've never felt better. I don't have any issues in that region anymore smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lexy, Jul 28 7:50 am

Cat Health > Heart Murmur?
Rambo

I'm cuter than- Sly

Purred: Mon Jul 28, '08 7:40am PST 
Good morning friends.

I don't know that I've ever made a post before...but anyway - I'm 3yrs old, very affectionate and talkative. Mommy took me and my brother Lexy to the vet this morning. The lady told my mommy it sounds like I have a heart murmur and she wants to schedule an ultrasound to see what level it is and what meds I will need.

Does anyone else have a heart murmur and if so, what should mommy expect?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Miss JoJo Louise, Aug 1 7:05 am

Cat Health > Diarrhea/Throwing up @ 4am.

Tinker Bell

I love ME!

Purred: Tue Jul 1, '08 5:32am PST 
I'm posting this for a co-worker:

I am a 10yr old boy named TC (The Cat). I am an indoor/outdoor cat. I sleep indoors at night but during the day I frolic in the back yard. This morning at 4am, I hopped up into bed with mommy and daddy but after a few minutes of laying down I puked down the side of the bed. I started to go to my litter box and in the hallway I puked some more....then I started having diarrhea before I got to it. I just do not feel good. I haven't pooped/threw up since this morning's incident but I did not want to eat breakfast. What should mommy do?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Fluffy, Jul 1 6:58 am

Cat Health > Dandruff & clumps?! Even some shedding

Tinker Bell

I love ME!

Purred: Mon Jun 23, '08 10:43am PST 
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen,

As embarrassing as this is for me to admit, I am having skin problems . I'm not scratching myself, and mommy see's no sores or hot spots. But I have a good amount of dandruff happening and now I'm getting small clumps near the base of my tail that I cannot reach to clean because...well....I have quite a fluffy middle area. Mommy has tried brushing them but not so much luck. When they pet me, I do have a bit of shedding - any ideas? I've read that Mommy could put fish oil in my food twice a day but wondered if this is safe? Or maybe there's another alternative? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sophia Marie, Jun 23 1:56 pm

Behavior & Training > Whining to be fed between 1am-4am (or until fed)

Flower

I'm a boy,- haven't you seen- Bambi???

Purred: Wed Mar 12, '08 1:07pm PST 
Thank you for both of your responses.

Yea the LeBistro feeder was absolutely wonderful, especially when mommy and daddy would go out of town, the sitter would only need to re-fill water. Mommy looked at some of the other automatic feeders, but since there's 2 of us its hard to find 1 that would fit both our faces.

I will try adjusting the feeding schedule and see what happens.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sam, Mar 12 1:17 pm

Behavior & Training > Whining to be fed between 1am-4am (or until fed)
Flower

Purred: Wed Mar 12, '08 8:09am PST 
Feeding schedule per vet (for weight management) 1/4 cup food per kitty twice a day. 5am and again at 5pm. Mommy used to feed us with a Le Bistro Automatic feeder (drops food in 1/4 cup intervals whenever you asked it to) but I discovered if I stick my paw up the chute that the food drops from I can knock a few pieces down at a time and get extra food!! Well this really bothered mommy and daddy at night (hearing those pieces fall every so often) they have since retired the feeder and went to manually feeding us. Now every morning between the hours of 1am-4am I will get on their bed and meow until they feed me. Mom has tried feeding me a late night snack at 10pm hoping it will hold me over until breakfast but that didn't work....so she's even tried: ignoring me, squirting me with a water bottle, clapping her hands at me and even pouring water on me but I always come back. The only thing that seems to give them peace is if they lock me in the bathroom until it's time for breakfast, but I hate it in there. My aunt Tinker Bell never bothers mommy and daddy like this but I have for the past 2 mos. PLEASE HELP!!red face
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sam, Mar 12 1:17 pm

Behavior & Training > Keep away from the Christmas Tree!!!

Tinker Bell

I love ME!

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '07 9:08am PST 
Help - mommy in need of assistance!!

I don't bother the tree or ornaments too bad, I just like sleeping on the soft felt tree skirt underneath, but my nephew Flower is a cat of a different color. He starts running around in circles throughout the house and then he'll launch into the air and into the Christmas tree. Knocking God only knows how many ornaments down and unfortunately bending the limbs of the tree. Please help, what to do?!?

Water bottle not working, he comes right back.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Eeyore - in loving memory: Jun, Dec 2 8:22 pm

Cat Health > Allergic to plastic food bowls

Tinker Bell

I love ME!

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '07 1:03pm PST 
I just wanted to share this, in case anyone has the same problem this might be your solution.

About 6mos ago I had changed Tinker Bell's food bowl to a Le Bistro automatic feeder which drops in 1/4 cup increments how ever many times a day you want it too.....well this was GREAT considering she's on a diet...but..after a month of using it, I noticed she had all this black residue on her chin. I worried it was fleas but there wasn't any of this residue anywhere else on her body...so I came on here to Catster and some nice kitty friends suggested it might be Kitty Acne. Sure enough I took her to the vet and he confirmed I was allergic to COLORED plastic...weird huh?!?

I was treated w/ Eurthromycin ointment, twice a day and 1/2 a pill of antibiotics until it cleared up (which took about 2 1/2 weeks).
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Chewy, Aug 26 6:20 pm

Cat Health > Stepped in Paint

Flower

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '07 12:56pm PST 
I don't know if this will help or not, but about a year ago I went to sleep in a puddle of gasoline (what can I say...I'm a exploring kind of guy) and I smelled to the high heavens...once meowmy and daddy found me they put some warm water in a bucket w/ DAWN dish soap and washed my paws off, only then to discover it was all on my underbelly....so then they transferred me to the bathtub...but DAWN is safe to wash them with....

Just not sure if it will remove paint?!?!

Hope it helps some!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Elisabeth Ann, Aug 23 4:17 pm

Behavior & Training > I only drink water off my paw
Flower

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '07 12:50pm PST 
I didn't learn this from any other cat, but ever since I was a kitten, I dip my paw in the water bowl and then lick it off the pads of my feet.

Does anyone else do this!?!

Meowmy calls me "Crazy boy!!" but she still loves me for it - it makes me ::special::
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Marmalade, Aug 26 9:11 pm

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.