Postings by SooLing (In Loving Memory)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 190: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Paid for subscripton
Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Mon Jul 28, '14 9:49am PST 
*munches post*

Due to the "disappearing posts" problem, I didn't see an answer had already been given. way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Maneki Neko & Life of "Pi", Aug 3 7:06 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Looking for other Fairbanks Farm Abys
Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Tue Feb 18, '14 10:47am PST 
If your human is on Facebook, there are no doubt some groups for Abys. You would probably find some others from Fairbanks Farms there, and there might even be a Facebook page for the rescue group that took the Abys when the breeder died. Otherwise, you could search through all the Aby's on Catster, looking at their bios to see if Fairbanks Farms is mentioned (a longshot, admittedly). Our mom found one of Beepers' daughters that way.

In Facebook Burmese groups, our mom found descendants of both Beepers and me -- descendants that aren't shown in the official Burmese registry database because they're 'pets' and their family never registered them. In one case, Mom 'guessed' that some cats might be related to us, based on the family's location, so she wrote to the people and asked. Fortunately, the people didn't think Mom was some nutcase and they answered -- and together they tracked down the lineage.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 12 4:23 pm

Contests and Vote For Me! > View Milo's video!!

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Mon Dec 30, '13 6:00pm PST 
I couldn't get to the video, either. Do you possibly have it set as "private"?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Milo, Jan 3 8:31 am

Cat Health > Pancreatitis Side Effect or Getting Old?

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Wed Dec 18, '13 4:51pm PST 
I don't know if having had pancreatitis could cause her to drink more, but it seems odd that if it did, it would take that long, from summer until now. I'd be concerned about an infection, hyperthyroidism, diabetes or kidney disease, any of which could cause a cat to drink more. There are, no doubt, other reasons a cat would drink more, too. With the litter box changes and the extra water consumption, I'd get her to the vet sooner rather than later.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tequila, Jan 14 1:51 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Owning Cats Can Inflict Permanent Damage To Mental Health But Nobody Bothered To Warn Us.

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Sat Nov 30, '13 6:51am PST 
big laugh
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ashlynne, Nov 30 6:51 am

Food & Nutrition > Food Bowls
Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Fri Nov 1, '13 8:15am PST 
Similar to Brownie's solution, I use human dishes. I don't use pet food dishes made in China because I don't trust them to be lead free and safe. I don't trust the stainless steel that comes from China, either. I think there is probably more oversight for human dishes from China, so I might feed from human dishes made in China if I had to.

But there are dishes made in the US -- Fiesta Ware is one. (Some Corning is made in US, some is made in China.) Fiesta makes a 'fruit' dish that works well for my cats: Fiesta Ware fruit dish

They're a bit costly to buy a lot of them at once, but I added a few at a time until I have enough to last at least 2 days, 3 to 4 meals per cat per day. They stack well and don't take up a lot of room in the cupboard.

I set the Fiesta Ware dish inside a larger cutesy 'pet food' dish, which elevates it. I only need one decorative pet food dish for each cat, swapping out the little Fiesta Ware dish with each meal. The cats occasionally push some food out of the dish but not too bad.

They're also sold on Amazon: Fiesta Ware fruit dish and in many department stores. I buy them in a department store (Macy's, Penney's) when there's a sale or a store coupon.

Here's a photo of Beepers eating:
Beepers eating from Fiesta Ware fruit bowl, elevated by decorative pet food dish
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beepers, Nov 1 8:15 am

Food & Nutrition > 15% off @ Petsmart Sept. 19-22

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Thu Sep 19, '13 8:18pm PST 
Thanks Cookie!

flowers
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ashlynne, Sep 19 8:18 pm

Cat Health > Fractured Leg

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Mon Aug 26, '13 11:06am PST 
A few more things I thought of:

If the room has a windowsill, Binx might try to jump up on that when he starts feeling a little better. I had to keep the curtains closed in Ashlynne's room so she wouldn't try to jump onto the windowsill. I had cat steps that I could have used so she could look out the window, but I didn't trust her not to jump down off the top of the steps or the windowsill -- it's the jumping down that's the worst.

I also had a nice big round scratching post in the room for her, but the little dickens tried to climb it. She was clawing her way to the top! So I had to remove it and let her have only scratchers that were flat on the floor.

I know neither of those will make it more comfortable for Binx, but you don't want him to re-injure himself.

As far as eating, a flat plate worked best for Ashlynne while she had the e-collar. Binx will probably get the hang of eating with an e-collar quickly. You might be able to take it off while he eats, but watch him to make sure he doesn't go for the stitches. He may need you to help clean his face after he eats, too.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Binx, Sep 11 8:40 am

Cat Health > Fractured Leg

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Mon Aug 26, '13 7:48am PST 
I've had similar 'isolation' situations a couple of times. To make it easier on myself when in the empty room with the cat, I put a mattress (or air mattress) on the floor so I could sit or lie on it. Definitely check with the vet to make sure, but the height of a mattress is probably not great enough that it would bother if Binx stepped on and off of it (Binx cat might need a few days healing first). It made it much more comfortable for me, so I could stay in the room longer and keep them company. I could sleep there at night, too. I slept on the mattress for 3 weeks with Ashlynne after she had her eye removed (she was not supposed to jump, either).

With Ashlynne, I also had a large carrier/crate, so that I could put her in that and take her out of the room when I needed to clean it. It gave her a chance for a change of scenery, too.

Purrs for both of you. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Binx, Sep 11 8:40 am

Cat Health > Kitten tested positive for feline leukemia
Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Thu Aug 22, '13 10:43am PST 
Storm, here are 'clickable' links for those that Sable gave. Catster always inserts spaces into URL's, that's why the other URL's didn't work.

http://bestfriends.org/Resources/Pet-Care/Cats/Health-And-Care/FAQs-About-FeLV/

http://www.winnfelinehealth.org/health/felv-fiv.html
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Beepers, Aug 22 10:43 am

(Page 1 of 190: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.