Postings by Aurora's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Behavior & Training > Really need pointer/advice!
Uno

We little black- kitties RULE!

Purred: Tue Jul 29, '14 4:56pm PST 
If she's not spayed, she may very likely be in heat. Cats in heat can be very vocal and persistent in calling for a mate. If she is spayed, then she may just be a talkative cat or part Siamese. Cats with Siamese blood in them may not show Siamese in their looks, but they may inherit other Siamese traits such as the loud mouth! If your cat is spayed and this behavior has just recently started, then you might want to have her vet checked to see if there is any medical issue causing her increased vocalization.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ivory , Jul 31 8:56 am

Plus Power of the Paw > MY SWEET BOY
Uno

Purred: Thu Jun 26, '14 1:44am PST 
Fly free sweet Salem. Our condolences to your family. It is so hard to lose one who is so young, who should have had many years of good life, whose life was stolen away too soon! May your spirit presence touch the hearts of your earthly family, to let them know that you're forever alive and well on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge, with an invincible spirit body that will last forever!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Uno, Jun 26 1:44 am

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > Indiana Meetup

Uno

Purred: Thu Jun 26, '14 1:23am PST 
We are in IN too.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Uno, Jun 26 1:23 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Found Kitten - not sure what breed/mix

Uno

Purred: Wed Jun 25, '14 2:46am PST 
Your kitty is a black domestic shorthair. Black cats have "ghost" tabby markings in their coats and these markings are usually much more visible in kittenhood than they are in adulthood. Black panthers, black jaguars, etc, also have ghost markings in their coats. One of Uno's photos on her profile of her as a kitten very vividly shows the ghost tabby markings in her coat.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Uno, Jun 25 2:46 am

Behavior & Training > Can't get kitten to stop biting me -- please help!

Angel- Dova(8-1-13/- 7-5-14)

Dragon Born

Purred: Fri Jun 6, '14 5:13pm PST 
When one of my cats gets carried away with love biting or starts playing too rough, I say Knock it off or something similar, then I hiss and spit air at the cat, then ignore it for awhile. A hiss and a spit is is what a cat does when another cat or kitten gets too rough. One reason it's good to have two kittens instead of only one is that they tend to save the rough stuff for each other.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Angel Dova(8-1-13/7-5-14), Jun 6 5:13 pm

Behavior & Training > 3 Cats now! Need help with #2 and #3 getting along!
Gabriel

Purred: Fri Jun 6, '14 5:08pm PST 
How to introduce new cat to multiple cat household

It usually takes two weeks at least for a cat to adjust to a new home and for the resident cats in that home to accept the new cat. At first keep the cat in only one room or even better, an extra large plastic airline dog crate with its litter, food, water, a toy or two, and something to sleep on. With the crate method, the cat is safe but can see and interact with the resident cat through the door of the crate. If you use the crate method, let the cat out for awhile in one room by itself to exercise and explore. After the cat has been returned to the crate, let your resident cat(s) back into the room where the cat was so they can sniff around and get used to the cat's scent and presence. If you're using the separate room method, move the cat to a different room for awhile and let the resident cat come into the room where the cat previously was and let the cat sniff around. After awhile remove the resident cats and return the cat to the first room. I personally prefer the crate method because it allows for safe socialization between the resident cats and the cat 24/7. If the cat doesn't want to interact or if she's scared, she can hide in the back of the crate and feel safe.

After your new cat shows some confidence (comes to the front of the crate and shows interest in the world beyond the crate door) clip all cats claws and then let the cats meet each other while you supervise. Most likely there will be some hissing on both sides as each will be a bit afraid of the other. Generally then the cats will stay out of each others way at first, then gradually they form a truce or an understanding among them.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kashi, Jun 6 6:02 pm

Cat Health > FELINE CHRONIC KIDNEY FAILURE

Mew- (3-15-90/3-2- -09)

Purred: Fri Jun 6, '14 5:04pm PST 
Here's another excellent resource for Feline CRF.
http://www.felinecrf.com/
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mew (3-15-90/3-2-09), Jun 6 5:04 pm

Cat Health > Stray Cat Needs Medical Attention?

Buddha

Purred: Fri Jun 6, '14 5:02pm PST 
This site is an excellent resource for everything dealing with the care and management of feral cats.
http://www.alleycat.org/page.aspx?pid=984
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Buddha, Jun 6 5:02 pm

Behavior & Training > baby getting into flower boxes

Lily

Purred: Sat May 10, '14 5:06pm PST 
When my cats got in my planter pots and flower boxes, I filled them with sharp rocks. I also lightly sprayed the plants with bitter apple to stop the cats from chewing on the plants. This stopped my cats although the bitter apple had to be reapplied every couple of days.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lily, May 10 5:06 pm

Behavior & Training > Biting Kitten
Aurora

Purred: Sat May 10, '14 5:04pm PST 
When your kitten gets too rough with you, hiss and spit air at it, then ignore it for a while. This is how an adult or another kitten disciplines a cat or kitten who gets too rough.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Little, May 30 11:04 am

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.