Postings by My Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > Claws and bites
Colonel- Mustard

Purred: Wed Mar 19, '14 6:38am PST 
Humans don't usually play with their hands with me. The thing is, I don't just claw or bite when I play: when mommy is sleeping, I sometimes go and lick her in the face and then bite her. Or when I get comfortable around her, I will claw (usually at her face). When I'm being pet and I like it, I also claw or bite when I want more. I do that a lot, and humans get angry at me.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 19 6:38 am

Behavior & Training > Claws and bites
Colonel- Mustard

Purred: Fri Mar 14, '14 7:50am PST 
Purr!

I'm almost 2 years old now, and I can't seem to understand that humans don't like to be clawed in the face or bitten. The thing is, when I'm happy, I like to claw and give love-bites, but my humans don't seem to enjoy it as much as I do. I also don't seem to properly use my claws in general, as I often have them out for no reasons.
Can you help my humans?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 19 6:38 am

Cat Health > Persistent vomiting, but super-healthy cat

Tofu

Purred: Wed Nov 20, '13 7:27am PST 
Everything looks fine on the other end, and no one is bothering (it's more the other way around usually!). I've been feeding him only the hypoallergenic food for a few days now.
It happened again, just now. It was mostly bile, no chunks of food or anything. I don't know what to do.

I'm looking for another vet for a second opinion, but I moved recently from another city and the vet I saw was recommended by someone, so now I have a hard time finding another vet.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 20 6:38 pm

Colonel- Mustard

Purred: Thu Nov 14, '13 10:52am PST 
I think it's both, but I'm not sure I grasp the difference between the two. Sometimes I can see distinct kibbles, but it's always mushy. It's definitely not hairballs. I used to feed my cats regular cat Purina cat food. My vet gave me Medi-Cal hypoallergenic cat food.
It often happens at night while I sleep. I usually feed my cats around 8 pm, so it happens several hours after eating. I tried feeding him through balls and small portions to make sure he doesn't just bolt down the food, but he keeps being sick.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Nov 20 6:38 pm

Colonel- Mustard

Purred: Thu Nov 14, '13 5:32am PST 
Hello,

For over 2 months now my cat has been vomiting fairly regularly. It goes from once every 2 days to once a week. I took him to the vet and did all the tests, and he's perfectly healthy. My vet recommanded switching to a hypoallergenic diet, so I did, but my cat keeps vomiting. I tried feeding smaller portion to see if it was because he overfed, but it doesn't seem so.

I don't know what to do. I'm worried, and I'm also really tired of cleaning up vomit every two days.

Thanks
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Nov 20 6:38 pm

Behavior & Training > Can I get my cat to stop sneaking out the door?
Colonel- Mustard

Purred: Wed Jul 3, '13 9:00am PST 
Hi!
My kitty constantly tries to sneak out the door everytime we open it. The thing is, I live in a block, on the third floor, so the door leads to 3 flights of stairs. While it bugs me, I don't mind running for the kitty, but I'm guessing the neighboors won't find it so fun and, especially, my new roommates.
I used to live with my boyfriend on the first floor, so this wasn't such a huge issue. But since I'm already bringing 2 cats with the new roommates, I don't want them to start running for the youngest one across the stairs. Is there anyway to teach my kitty NOT to sneak out the door?
Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 3 9:00 am

Behavior & Training > Kitty bites and clawing

Colonel- Mustard

Purred: Thu Jan 24, '13 6:52pm PST 
I am a happy 7 months years old kitty. I'm very energetic and I love my fellow humans and cat. However, I bite a lot. It does not hurt and I don't do it because I'm upset, I think it is just my way to say I love my human companions and I want their attention. However, it bugs them very much. I also like to jump and climb and I find my claws very useful to do so, but my humans don't really appreciate it when I put them in their skin. What can they do to help me change these behaviours?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 28 8:45 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Can I have a friend?

Tofu

Purred: Mon Dec 17, '12 3:54pm PST 
I'm a 4 years old female and I have a bit of a temper. I'm very shy and easily frightened; it took me a while to adjust to my new home. All my life, I only lived with humans and my roomies are wondering if having a another cat would be a good idea since they can't always play with me. The thing is, my home is small. There is no room that can be closed to isolate one cat from the other, which would complicate the transition. Also, I'm declawed on all four paws and I tend to bite when I'm scared instead of fleeing.

Any thoughts?
Also, I tried asking elsewhere, but if someone can help tell me what breed I am (I only know I'm a mix!) it would be nice.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 25 7:17 pm

Siberian > Am I a Siberian mix?

Tofu

Purred: Thu Dec 6, '12 6:47pm PST 
Meoooow!

I'm a confused kitty as I don't know where I come from. I was first bought as a gift in a petshop, then given without being told of my parents, then was given again, finally, to my forever home.
I do *chirp* a lot like Siberians seem to do and I am not a loud meower - though I really like to communicate!
I am fluffy and have a thick coat. However, I have some kind of M on my forehead. I'm also a tall lady.
Any hints for whom I might be would help!
Meow!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 7 4:30 pm

Behavior & Training > My new cat is terrified and agressive...

Purred: Fri Sep 21, '12 6:03am PST 
Thank you all for your responses!
I bought some pheromones and we started to 'ignore' her. Guess what? She's getting better! She hides a lot, but she comes out and come see us to be pet. She walks around the place and, most of the time, doesn't mind if I'm there. She still sometimes hisses and gets cranky, but there is still major improvement!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 21 3:35 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.