GO!

(Page 1 of 32: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Charlie

Eat. Play. Love.

Purred: Wed Mar 27, '13 7:10pm PST 
hughugPurrs for allhughug

Also wanted to update you all on my condition. It has almost been two months since my surgery & I am recovering very well. I still need to regain muscle mass on the side that I had my surgery (mostly my leg) and get my strength 100% back to normal. I am starting to run again big grin. Still keeping our fingers crossed that my other hip remains unbroken. Thanks everyone for sending me your positive thoughts during my difficult time. hug
[notify]

» There has since been -19848.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Charlie

Eat. Play. Love.

Purred: Thu Feb 14, '13 10:36am PST 
hugPurrs to allhug

Also thank you all for sending purrs my way. It has been 2 weeks since my surgery and I am doing great. Went for a check up the other day and the vet says everything looks really good but I still have quite a bit of recovery left. There is also a good chance I will always have a limp but if things keep up the way they are it should only be a small one. The biggest worry right now is that I have a 38% chance of breaking the other hip, and if that does happen it will most likely go in the next 6 to 12 months. We are keeping our fingers crossed that does not happen!

wishes
[notify]

» There has since been -19779.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Get Well Soon > Purrrs & Prayers needed for Alfie ♥

Clementine- (2004-2012)

Oh my darling,- oh my- darling......

Purred: Tue Feb 12, '13 12:13pm PST 
hugPurring for Alfiehug
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Chewbacca, Feb 26 11:53 am

Clementine- (2004-2012)

Purred: Sat Feb 2, '13 6:05pm PST 
hugPurrs to allhug

Could you guys send some support to my friend Jelly? He just passed away. little angel

Charlie is recovering well. He is moving around nicely (no more howling in in pain!) and is tarting to put wieght on his leg. He did refuse to eat for the first two or so days after the surgery & has lost some weight but he is starting to a bit more now.
[notify]

» There has since been -19760.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Clementine- (2004-2012)

Purred: Mon Jan 28, '13 8:29pm PST 
So sorry to hear about Zoey's passing. hug

Such a sad day today,Elvin and Sunny also made their journeys today as well. frown hug

On a more positive note, Charlie came through his surgery well and is recovering nicecly. Thank you everyone for purring for him, the peeps were so worried.

Purrs for allhug
[notify]

» There has since been -19755.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Charlie

Eat. Play. Love.

Purred: Sun Jan 27, '13 7:21pm PST 
hugPurrs for allhug

Could I have some purrs too? I recently broke my hip and will be having surgery tomorrow morning to repair it. Hopefully after this surgery I will regain all mobility and no longer be in pain.
[notify]

» There has since been -19748.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Clementine- (2004-2012)

Purred: Sat Jan 19, '13 4:04pm PST 
I am so sorry to hear about Mousehug
[notify]

» There has since been -19727.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Fostering a Cat, Not SURE I Can Let Her Go

Dora

Little Explorer

Purred: Fri Nov 30, '12 4:04pm PST 
I 100% agree with the previous posters. I have fostered a few kittens and while it is hard at times it is important to set limits (for us in the past year we have put down our foot have decided that we will no own more than 3 cats) and understand that you can not keep them all. A year ago we were fostering a litter of kittens and there were two left, the last boy left was a family favorite and we were all quite crazy for him. I did not want to give him to someone else, I too had the same worries as you do, and I had a hard time dealing with the thought of giving him up. But I knew deep down it wouldn't work and then a nice home stepped up & wanted to adopt both him and his sister. Looking back I am so happy I didn't keep him. Giving him up was difficult and many tears were shed but in the long run it was the right decision.

If you know you aren't able to fully care for her then the right thing to do is let her go. It is the sucky part of fostering but it comes with the job.hug
wishes
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Nov 30 7:33 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Hi I'm new :)

Dora

Little Explorer

Purred: Fri Nov 30, '12 3:52pm PST 
To be honest I can't think of a breed of cat that isn't likely to climb on things. But I am no cat breed expert so I could be wrong.

I do agree with everyone's suggestion on looking into adopting a cat. There are so many different types or rescues out there today and I would suggest looking at a great variety of different rescues & shelters. A great website to find some near you is www.petfinder.com . Also if a rescue/shelter has cats that are currently in foster care or have just come from it that can be a plus because the foster parent can tell you how the cat was in a home environment.

Because this will be your first cat I would also suggest maybe leaning towards an adult cat however there is nothing wrong with getting a kitten. As someone who currently has a spunky little 6 month old fuzz ball they are a great deal of fun but she can be quite a hand full. And I could see a kitten being a tad overwhelming at times for a feline novice. Though if you are still wanting a cat with some spunk and playful behavior getting a young adult (about a year or 2) will give you a cat that is more mature but still has a little bit of kitten-ness left in them.

And like was mentioned before if you have question what so ever about cat ownership before you get a cat please do ask! This is the place! big grin Lots of great advice from friendly cat people!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 11 8:40 am

Clementine- (2004-2012)

Purred: Thu Nov 29, '12 7:31pm PST 
Purrring for all in need.hug
[notify]

» There has since been -19602.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

(Page 1 of 32: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.