Close X

Postings by Osinka's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > bladder stone diet
Osinka

Purred: Fri Apr 15, '16 11:30am PST 
unfortunately the vet can't tell the type of the stone, thought I thought it was possible to determine that with urine analysis.
The vet did tell me that there are signs of urinary infection and crystals that are indicative of struvites, so I am hoping it is the struvite stone.
I am starting her on antibiotics today and purchased d-mannose to promote urination. The strange thing is that Eava was on raw food and never on dry. I was giving tap water though, so maybe that was the culprit.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Athena (In Memory), Apr 27 7:59 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > bladder stone diet
Osinka

Purred: Fri Apr 15, '16 7:08am PST 
Hi, can anyone suggest a diet that would fit a cat with bladder stones. I am going to put her on Hill's s/d diet next week but want to see if anything else is available since Hill's prescription diet has chicken by-product as the first ingredient.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Athena (In Memory), Apr 27 7:59 pm

Cat Health > lump on the leg

Osinka

Purred: Fri Apr 15, '16 6:55am PST 
The surgery when well. But recently we gave Eava a haircut and found another lump that just got removed. Hope these will be the last ones. Both lumps were mast cells and non-malignant. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sterling, Apr 22 3:55 pm

Cat Health > bladder stone surgery

Osinka

Purred: Fri Apr 15, '16 6:54am PST 
So for now she will be on Hill's s/d diet and antibiotics and then we will see if the stone is gone. If not than surgery is back on the table. I really hope it will be dissolved with diet....
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Osinka, Apr 15 6:54 am

Osinka

Purred: Mon Apr 11, '16 6:45am PST 
I haven't scheduled it yet. Eava is 4. The surgery seems so invasive. But then neutering is too I guess...
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Osinka, Apr 15 6:54 am

Osinka

Purred: Sun Apr 10, '16 6:45pm PST 
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had experience with bladder stone surgery.
I recently noticed that my kitty is peeing blood and the vet determined through the X-ray that she has a bladder stone and surgery is the way to remove it. While it is a routine surgery, it is pretty invasive. So I was wondering if anyone had experience with going through this.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Osinka, Apr 15 6:54 am

Grooming > Disinfecting wipes

Osinka

Purred: Fri Jan 15, '16 4:18pm PST 
Hi, can anyone suggest disinfecting antibacterial wipes that I can wipe my cat instead of showering her?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ben & Jerry, Jan 31 2:17 pm

Grooming > Disinfecting wipes

Osinka

Purred: Fri Jan 15, '16 3:02pm PST 
Hi, can anyone suggest disinfecting antibacterial wipes that I can wipe my cat instead of showering her?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Osinka, Jan 15 3:02 pm

Osinka

Purred: Fri Jan 15, '16 9:44am PST 
Thank you! She is going through surgery today that should go 'super' according to the vet. I should be able to pick her up at the end of the day.
The vet did the biopsy before the surgery that showed the lump to be the mast cell but they don't know whether it's a bad one or not and decided to remove it.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sterling, Apr 22 3:55 pm

Osinka

Purred: Mon Jan 4, '16 7:22pm PST 
Thank you. I should have a response by Wednesday.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Sterling, Apr 22 3:55 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.