Postings by Osinka's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Cat Health > Not eating
Osinka

Purred: Sat Dec 13, '14 2:20am PST 
Hi,
One of my kitties stopped eating all of a sudden. The day before she vomited after eating and then didn't eat for the whole day aside from a few treats. She is also hiding and hisses if I want to take her out. I also noticed that she smells ungroomed, like pee.
Any suggestions on how to proceed and when to bring her to the vet?
Would appreciate any advice.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Sat 8:14 am

Raw Food Diet > freeze dried raw
Osinka

Purred: Sun Jan 12, '14 5:14pm PST 
thanks. i got some more freeze dried food based on your advice. Let's see whether she likes that too.
She does drink more from the freeze dried food then from kibble actually. Guess that's good.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sidney, Jan 13 11:34 am

Raw Food Diet > freeze dried raw

Osinka

Purred: Thu Jan 9, '14 2:59pm PST 
Hi cat lovers!
One of my kitties loves all raw. I do frankenprey and Instinct raw when in a rush. But my other kitty who was raised on kibble does not like much of anything: loves kibble, eats a bit of wet food and no raw. I tried switching her... but she ended up not eating at all ... so i gave up. She is very very (!!!) finicky. Needs variety even in things that she eats, like kibble and wet food. This is the cat that would rather starve than eat something she does not prefer....
Recently, i saw freeze dried food from Instinct in Petco (among other raw Instinct stuff; it is finally in mainstream stores). And Alleluia, she seems to love it.
So, i was wondering whether anyone had experience with freeze dried cat food. Any thoughts and brand suggestions?
I wish i can switch her to raw, but she immediately gets very skinny when i try to feed her raw and she is a small Siberian anyways, especially compared to my other kitty.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sidney, Jan 13 11:34 am

Cat Health > Da bird thread

Osinka

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 5:34am PST 
Hi catsters,
I am suspecting that a week ago my cat ate the string from da bird. I think I saw remnants of it in the litter. .. She is totally fine. Not showing any signs of feeling ill. She is playful and hungry as usual. Should I still bring her to the vet ? I don't wanna stress her for nothing but I am worried a bit.
Thanks for your advice.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Trek, Oct 14 9:16 am

Cat Health > After vaccines.

Osinka

Purred: Sat Jun 1, '13 8:25am PST 
hi, i have to kitties, two and one years old. I took them to the vet yesterday for annual check and rabies and distemper vaccines. They were fine right after the visit and ate dinner. But in the morning they did not want to eat and are very quite, especially the older one, who does not want to leave a corner and just sleeps there. And i can see by her eyes that she doesn't feel well.
I know there are side effects after vaccines. But i was just wondering whether someone else had this kind of experience and when the kitty became ok again...
thank you!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ben, Jun 1 11:26 pm

Raw Food Diet > frankenprey liver supplements
Osinka

Purred: Sun Mar 3, '13 4:52pm PST 
Hi,
I am feeding frankenprey to my cats but one of them does not eat liver or kidneys. (I am not sure why, probably it is the texture thing...).
I really need advise though on what to substitute the liver with.
Please help !
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Amber, Mar 23 2:28 am

Raw Food Diet > Cornish hen bones? which ones are safe?

Osinka

Purred: Sun Nov 18, '12 11:04am PST 
ah, thanks so much!!! I was really concerned about that, thought calcium from bones is so important for their diet.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 24 9:38 pm

Raw Food Diet > Cornish hen bones? which ones are safe?

Osinka

Purred: Sat Nov 17, '12 9:53am PST 
Hello catsters,
I was wondering about which bones are safe to give to kitties without grinding. Most of them seem to be pretty small and soft, but I am still afraid to that my cats might break their teeth...
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 24 9:38 pm

Kitten Corner > My kitten will not leave me alone!

Osinka

Purred: Sun Oct 7, '12 12:17pm PST 
maybe you should feed him more. How old is the kitten? Excessive neediness might also be the sign that he doesn't feel well.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Midas, Oct 7 4:23 pm

Kitten Corner > Food schedule
Osinka

Purred: Wed Oct 3, '12 1:34pm PST 
Dear Catster community,
Can anyone tell me at what age should a kitten should be introduced to scheduled feeding? I know that kittens should eat as much as they want and because their stomachs are small they should often. But when should I switch to scheduled feeding?

Thanks.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Felix, Nov 2 9:26 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.