Postings by Mayhem & Phoebe's Family

GO!

Kitten Corner > When do cats get full size?

Mayhem &- Phoebe

Purred: Wed Sep 12, '12 10:12am PST 
Thank you everyone.. I believe Mayhem and Phoebe are shorthair mix kitties. They are 6 months old and Phoebe is very slender and Mayhem is very thick. They are not over weight. They are very spoiled :O) Thank you again. I hope you all have a great day
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mayhem & Phoebe, Sep 12 10:12 am

Kitten Corner > Need advice..
Mayhem &- Phoebe

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '12 4:18pm PST 
Most kittens take time to get comfy with there new homes. It also depends on the breed. I had a Russian Blue mix and she never left our bedroom. We had her since she was 5 months old. She would always hide when people came over. Maybe take one child at a time to your new kitty and let them play with her, with a toy on a string so that she has some distance. This will help her learn that the kids are fun and not dangerous. I hope this helps... Remember some breeds just like to hide. I hope she is not one of them. Also, sometimes if you get another kitty it will help her come out of her shell. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Sep 12 6:42 pm

Kitten Corner > When do cats get full size?

Mayhem &- Phoebe

Purred: Tue Sep 4, '12 6:39pm PST 
Hi! Our cats Phoebe and Mayhem are 6 months old. I was wondering at what age do cats stop growing. I know dogs are 18 months. I never noticed with our cats before and it has been on my mind. Thank you for helping me figure this out. wink
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mayhem & Phoebe, Sep 12 10:12 am

Cat Health > Cat gets fungus for birds

Mayhem &- Phoebe

Purred: Fri Dec 23, '11 3:41pm PST 
Thank you Mac's cat. I really don't know much about the fungus. The doctor just said it was rare and that it was a bird that had fungus. The x-ray's that they took of Lugnut's chest was white and we could barley see his heart or lungs. I had 2 other cats that went outside and hunted as well and they never became ill. I am sorry I can not remember the name of the fungus.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mac's Cat , Jan 3 4:29 pm

Mayhem &- Phoebe

Purred: Wed Dec 14, '11 9:37pm PST 
Thank you Maizy. The vet said that it is from eating birds that have the fungus. Lugnut was a true hunter he would kill and eat his prey. The vet also said that it is very rare and contagious. The only way to prevent such a thing is keeping your kitty indoors. I have had 3 other cats that were outside and never became ill. I hope no one else ever has to go through what Lugnut went through.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Mac's Cat , Jan 3 4:29 pm

Mayhem &- Phoebe

Purred: Sun Dec 11, '11 9:44pm PST 
Our Lugnut was an abyssinian cross. We believed he was crossed with a tabby. We got him at 8 weeks old from the spca. He was a wonderful cat. He would go out into the world and lived a natural life of hunting. He loved to bring home gifts for us. When Lugnut wasn't hunting he would be inside loving us.

My question is has anyone ever heard of a cat getting fungus from birds? Lugnut apparently had the fungas from a bird. His poor body was full of the fungus. The worst thing was that there was nothing that we could have done for him. It was too far gone. You couldn't see his heart or lungs in the x-ray. We had to let him go. Lugnut was the best cat ever. I just want to know if any one else has experience this themselves? I have had many cats and never have run into this. The vet did say it was rare....
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Mac's Cat , Jan 3 4:29 pm

Abyssinian > Cat get's fungus from birds

Mayhem &- Phoebe

Purred: Sun Dec 11, '11 9:29pm PST 
Our Lugnut was an abyssinian cross. We believed he was crossed with a tabby. We got him at 8 weeks old from the spca. He was a wonderful cat. He would go out into the world and lived a natural life of hunting. He loved to bring home gifts for us. When Lugnut wasn't hunting he would be inside loving us.

My question is has anyone ever heard of a cat getting fungus from birds? Lugnut apparently had the fungas from a bird. His poor body was full of the fungus. The worst thing was that there was nothing that we could have done for him. It was too far gone. You couldn't see his heart or lungs in the x-ray. We had to let him go. Lugnut was the best cat ever. I just want to know if any one else has experience this themselves? I have had many cats and never have run into this. The vet did say it was rare....cry
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mayhem & Phoebe, Dec 11 9:29 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.