Postings by Kiki's Family

GO!

Cats & Travel > Moving family with two furries

Kiki

Keekamunga!

Purred: Fri Nov 18, '11 6:39am PST 
Yes, I hope our paws can handle the cold floors! Luckily we stay indoors!

Thanks for the info. We are chipped, but we will have to change the address on the chip. Thats funny, mom never even thought of that, but it is definitely needed.

Yes separate crates will be good, itll be more comfy.
Thanks again smile
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Benny Grunch, Nov 18 11:46 am

Cats & Travel > Moving family with two furries
Kiki

Keekamunga!

Purred: Thu Nov 17, '11 10:57am PST 
Hello! My mom, dad, sister and I are moving in a few months from Florida to Chicago. I was mostly wondering what is best way for my sister and I to travel would be?
Mom and dad are taking separate vehicles, our car and dads work van. (We would rather all go together, but he has to take the van because it is part of his business.) Anyway, should we ride together in a large crate? Should I go with mom, and sis go with dad? We love each other and get along great, and might be a comfort to each other, but maybe in a long car ride, we could also argue. How do we work potty time? Mom has read stuff about light tranquilizers from the vet, but I'm a little scared of that. We've only been in the car for probably no more than a half hour, so I don't know how upset we might get on a long trip. Were not good on a leash, so how should the breaks out of the car go?

Similar questions have been asked but wanted to be a little more specific. Thanks for any advice!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Benny Grunch, Nov 18 11:46 am

Behavior & Training > Weird habit

Olive

Fluffy Pants!

Purred: Wed Sep 28, '11 6:39pm PST 
Well maybe weird wasn't the right word. Mom isn't too surprised at anything I do(and definitely is not worried about it). My sister doesn't even look twice when mom goes anywhere near our bowl, but I practically trip her, trying to get there. She loves me no matter what I do, but isn't too happy when I trip her in the middle of the night.
I think it is more about the uneasy look I have - not being able to just relax and let my mom even get up without seeming so anxious. Its not really that bizarre, or totally out there, we were more curious if a lot of other cats did things like this. Now it seems like a silly question, because I should have know that the answer is yes, we are all funny animals, with funny quirks.
Rory, that's funny, I do the same thing to my mom! I love joining her in the bathroom, especially to jump in the tub after it has been used to lick the water around the drain, even though there is plenty in my water bowl haha! My sis, Kiki, will sometimes jump in her lap when shes sitting there!

Moral of this post: I guess were all just funny in our own way big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cookie, Sep 29 6:34 pm

Food & Nutrition > Im a plus-sized girl, but my sister is not.

Kiki

Keekamunga!

Purred: Tue Sep 27, '11 9:47am PST 
Thanks all. Im not sure why we never thought about the not so good effects of dry food. I mean its just like human food, in that too many carbs or things like that arent as good for maintaining a healthy weight. These are good things to think about!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Shade, Sep 29 4:17 am

Kiki

Keekamunga!

Purred: Mon Sep 26, '11 2:46pm PST 
Wow, thanks Lacey! I guess I never though of that...more wet food. Hmm, good idea! We will try that. Not to mention, I prefer wet food, its like a treat!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Shade, Sep 29 4:17 am

Kiki

Keekamunga!

Purred: Mon Sep 26, '11 1:36pm PST 
Thanks Gimli! Looks like you've got some cute stripes and socks too!

It is true we're all different. I'm not 100% sure of my breed actually, we just kind of guessed, so it is possible that I am mixed with a breed that is known to be bigger. I feel healthy now, I think my mom just gets a little worried about my future health if I get too chubby!

Glad to hear about your diet, sounds like your mom treats you all well! It makes me feel better about snacking. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Shade, Sep 29 4:17 am

Kiki

Keekamunga!

Purred: Mon Sep 26, '11 9:28am PST 
Hi! I'm a pretty big kitty. My belly is a little flabby/hanging and I'm pretty round. My sister Olive, however, is a little big, but normal for her breed and size(a lot of it is her fluff!) But what is really weird is that my sister eats a lot more than I do! We eat the same dry food: Purina Cat Chow Indoor Formula, and get only ONE spoonful of wet canned food (Friskies) most mornings. I am a little more lazy than her I guess. We often play together, and with our parents, but probably should a little more. I really like to play fetch, which is a good workout. I just wonder why I'm so much chubbier than Olive? Is it my breed? Does my mom need to change what food I eat? Is the one spoonful of wet cat food ok? Is it my metabolism? I guess all cats are different! My parents love my chubby, cuddly body, but my mom is a little worried about my future health, and she doesn't want me to get bigger. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Shade, Sep 29 4:17 am

Behavior & Training > Weird habit

Olive

Fluffy Pants!

Purred: Mon Sep 26, '11 9:12am PST 
I have this weird habit that my parents are puzzled by. Whenever my mom gets up to leave the bedroom, I immediately get up and follow her to the hallway and go to my food bowl, particularly the one that is near the bathroom. I actually do this no matter what room were in together, but mostly when were in the bedroom. If she even acts like she is getting up I have to immediately look at her, get up, and walk with her. Even if she doesn't go exactly to the area where my food is, that is still where I head. I cant stand to see her move or go toward the doorway if I am not going with her. I'm not sure why? Do I think she is going to take my food? She never has before. I have two food bowls that I share with my sister, in different areas of the house, so there is enough to eat. My mom isn't worried about me, I'm a healthy girl, but shes just more curious about my odd behavior. laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Sep 29 6:34 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.