Postings by My Family

GO!

Food & Nutrition > Guidance for a cheaper wet food?

Monet

Gotcha on- Memorial Day

Purred: Sat Dec 17, '11 5:47am PST 
I refuse to buy Fancy Feast or Friskies for my cats.. that's like feeding them Mc Donalds every day to a kid!

The cheapest, healthiest food I get for my cat is from Trader Joe's.

Do you have a Trader Joe's by you? If so, I'd try their cat food. 59¢ for a 5.5 oz can and ingredients are really good (though it does have grains, the only downside IMO). no by-products either. It's very close to Wellness, sans the grains.

I can't seem to find ingredients online, but the can in my hand: Trader Joe's Chicken, Turkey and Rice Dinner.. first few ingredients:
Chicken Broth, Chicken, Turkey, Ocean Fish, Animal Liver.

My picky cat likes them too, even though they are Paté. The only Paté my cat would eat, actually!
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Jan 23 6:52 am

Grooming > OMG - Furminator - endless process or what???
Monet

Gotcha on- Memorial Day

Purred: Thu Aug 11, '11 1:32pm PST 
The furminator is a great deshedder tool. I use it 2 or 3 times a week on my cats. It can and will make the fur too thin if you use it too often.

I'd brush with the furminator 2-3 times a week, and use a regular square wire brush every day. It may take time. but hope it helps!
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Aug 22 5:37 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Is Precious Cat the best there is or are there better litters out there?

Monet

Gotcha on- Memorial Day

Purred: Thu Aug 11, '11 1:30pm PST 
I use World's Best Cat Litter.. the multiple cat clumping formula. It's great since its made of all natural corn, very little to no dust and I don't smell any odor at all (except for initial opening of the bag when the corn scent escapes, but that goes away quickly!). It clumps tightly too.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Sep 27 5:20 pm

Kitten Corner > Loosing teeth!

Picasso

Purred: Thu Aug 11, '11 1:22pm PST 
Hi,

my cat, Picasso is estimated to be 5 months by a vet.

I found a tooth in her food bowl, and I'm wondering if it's normal for a lost tooth to be spotted with some blood? It's not a lot of blood, and her mouth does not hurt, but I'm curious anyway.

I'm not sure which tooth was lost and I only managed to see the front of Picasso's mouth and all adult teeth are there.. it looks like a mini canine tooth? This led me wondering if she is closer to 6 months of age? Any ideas?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 12 10:45 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.