Postings by Mya's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Cat Health > Urinary Crystals, Royal Canin, SO
Mya

Purred: Sun Dec 8, '13 10:18pm PST 
My Toni girl had crystals and blood in her urine a couple months back. My vet put her on the Royal Canin Urinary SO diet (dry food). She is now back to doing great with the exception of a UTI that she is being treated for. Oddly enough the crystals are gone, but now the Oxy bacterial something, UTI is here.

I have basically been told she needs to be on the Royal Canin diet for life. I would like to switch her to wet food, Friskies, but have been urged not to. Royal Canin sells a wet version, but it is 21 for 12 cans? I asked my bet about alternatives and they made me feel like Royal Canin was the only answer. I didn't know if there were less costly alternative food that will prevent teh crystals returning?

(Note: I had been giving her some wet food before her diagnosed with the crystals. Half wet, half dry. I ahev three cats.,)

I am not about being CHEAP, but she is also overweight and now even more so on the ROYAL CANIN
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Dec 9 5:08 pm

Cat Health > Fleas? Stress?
Mya

Purred: Sun Dec 8, '13 9:39pm PST 
Was at the vet with her a couple weeks back. Checked for fleas and ear mites - negative. What kind of injection was your cat given for the itching? I hope it wasn't Convenia. I lost my Mya to that drug, never again. Will try the oil.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mya, Dec 8 9:39 pm

Cat Health > Same death pattern of all kittens?! Why...?

Mya

Purred: Sun Dec 8, '13 9:30pm PST 
I think you said you are feeding them milk? Cats can't tolerate milk, they are actually lactose intolerant and that will cause major diarrhea. Stop with the milk, clean water will more than suffice.

(Note: If we are talking about wee kittens taken from their mother too soon they need a special type of milk, bought at a pet food store. But only temporarily until they are of age to eat regular food. Afterwards it is water, no cow's milk.)

Some people here may not agree with me, but if there are no rescue shelters around it might be better to take them to the pound if you truly can't afford to properly care for them. At least there tehy will be put down quickly vs dying a slow painful death.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Hunter, Dec 26 5:21 pm

Cat Health > How Much Does Laser Declawing Cost?

Mya

Purred: Thu Dec 5, '13 11:19pm PST 
Do the research and please don't declaw your cat. My mom declawed one of our cats as a kid and he was never the same cat afterwards. He turned mean, and who can blame him. If it were me I would invest in several cat trees around the house. There are also scratching pads you can hang off doors and walls. Investing in nice couch slip covers also helps....
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Liriel, Dec 7 8:01 pm

Mya

Purred: Tue Dec 3, '13 5:02pm PST 
Thanks. Also, is it normal for a cat to shed a lot of fur this time of year. She isn't going bald or anything, but she seems to be shedding fur more. She is med to long haired if that means anything.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mya, Dec 8 9:39 pm

Mya

Purred: Mon Dec 2, '13 10:48pm PST 
My cat Love is constantly scratching around her head and face. This has been going on for some time now. I have checked her and can't find a single flea or flea dirt. She also sleeps with me, is in on my bed close to 24/7 so you would think it if was fleas I would be feeling the effects by now? Getting bitten, seeing fleas on the bed, etc? My other two cats also occupy the bed, and they aren't scratching either. Could it be stress related? She is a Torti and tends to be high strung. Her brother Hershey also is a bit of meanie toward her at time which keeps her somewhat upset.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Mya, Dec 8 9:39 pm

Food & Nutrition > Can Anyone Suggest a Good Auto Feeder that Works?

Mya

Purred: Sat Nov 16, '13 3:36pm PST 
I have decided to check into auto feeders and to have my neighbor check in, clean the litter box once a day.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by ♥ Roxy ♥, Jan 4 8:08 pm

Mya

Purred: Sat Nov 16, '13 11:31am PST 
Flea preventive time three equals a lot of expense. I know I sound like a horrible pet parent.

I would assume she would need to bring kitty with her because she doesn't have a car. Her car was totaled. I will heck out the auto feeder. I sound like a horrible person I know. It isn't that I don't want to give someone their due it is just I am barely making it right now, and need as much of the pet sitting funds as I can to make a dent in my bills.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ♥ Roxy ♥, Jan 4 8:08 pm

Mya

Purred: Sat Nov 16, '13 11:27am PST 
Ex roommate wouldn't have anyone to watch her cat, so I would assume she would need to bring with. I will ask her though.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by ♥ Roxy ♥, Jan 4 8:08 pm

Mya

Purred: Fri Nov 15, '13 7:44pm PST 
Here is the deal, I have three cats. I am also a part-time pet/house sitter. Once upon a time, I had a neighbor who would help me basically anytime I needed it, being next door. In return, I would give her a little bit of money, or buy something she needed, like a gallon of milk, etc? I have a new neighbor who helps out, but I have a bad feeling I am wearing out the helpful neighbor. I don't want to, I hate it... I pay her $5 a visit roughly or sometimes when my money is really low, ten dollars. Basically I am running out of options. I have an ex roommate who used to cat sit for me all the time. She loves animals. She now has a cat of her own, so I would have to allow the other cat over, of course.... Only, I fear my cats getting fleas as it occasionally goes outside. My cats are all indoors, and are not treated. I can't afford the disaster of a flea infestation, especially with three cats....

I was thinking of getting an auto feeder. ONly thing is with three cats, and one of them a BIG eater, and over weight. I am afraid they will free feed and possible run out of food. They are also very smart, and rambunctious. I am afraid the sight and smell of food will cause them to knock the thing over, bat it to the point they are over fed, eTC. One of the cats is not a big eater. I could close her in my room with a auto feeder or even a big bowl of food/water, and litter box and she would be fine. The other two though if left to their own devices would steal her food. Any suggestions? I sometimes pet sit out of town. Sigh.. I need to pet sit because I make a great deal, but if I had to hire a pet sitter it would basically cut out my profits

There is another lady in my neighborhood with three cats of her own, retired, always at home. I could potentially ask her, only I have only talked to her once. Feel awkward and leery to ask her, especially someone i don't really know. I recently gave her a case of cat food I can no longer use, as my cat is on a special diet.

Any suggestions I am not thinking of WOULD be appreciated. Any suggestions on moderately priced pet food feeders that work. I have heard some stories of them not working, food not coming out.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by ♥ Roxy ♥, Jan 4 8:08 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.