Postings by Isabelle's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Owning Cats Can Inflict Permanent Damage To Mental Health But Nobody Bothered To Warn Us.
Isabelle

Queen of Cuddles

Purred: Fri Nov 29, '13 12:34pm PST 
Just a lighthearted article that my fiance had sent me a little while back. The things we do for our cats....

http://distractify.com/people/personal/agonizing-struggl es-that-prove-cat-owners-are-the-best-people-ever/

laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ashlynne, Nov 30 6:51 am

Food & Nutrition > Water Fountain Recommendations?
Isabelle

Queen of Cuddles

Purred: Tue Nov 13, '12 10:49am PST 
The holidays are nearing and it's made me re-remember that we had considered getting a water fountain for our two cats. They like drinking fresh water out of the bathroom sink or shower and sometimes like to get it fresh out of the tap. I don't want something super expensive- I'm trying to be budget conscious- but I know that often times the cheapest options can be just that- cheap quality. Does anyone have any experience or good options that I should check out?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Brownie, Nov 15 2:07 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Ant Extermination

Isabelle

Queen of Cuddles

Purred: Thu Jul 19, '12 12:11pm PST 
I'm late to the party for this response but in case anyone else has trouble, I thought I'd chime in. A few years ago we had a bad ant problem. It was mostly small sugar ants but there were occasionally some big ones too. We tried the traps for a little while but that didn't work. They kept getting into my cat's food and especially with her being older and with kidney problems, she would throw up food or hairballs and the ants would swarm it (gross). Finally we broke down and bought some Hot Shot Barrier Protection spray from Lowe's (until $10/gal) and sprayed both the outside and inside perimiters of the house. You have to keep your cats/dogs/other critters away from it while wet but it's safe once dry.

That took care of it no problem and we've never had an issue since then as long as we spray a couple times a year. Only when we had the strong infestation did we spray indoors- the rest of the time I just do the outside barrier and it's been fine. I know a lot of you (including myself) prefer not to have to use chemicals if possible but in my case it was the best option.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Isabelle, Jul 19 12:11 pm

Senior Cats > Kuma-Neko turned 20 last month

Nandi

Purring Machine

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '12 9:53pm PST 
That is awesome! Happy birthday Kuma-Neko! May your years be full, happy and carefree! Much
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jacks, Jul 1 9:15 pm

Behavior & Training > How to stop paper shredding

Nandi

Purring Machine

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '12 9:48pm PST 
My two little kitten demons checked out the TP a few times and were having fun with it as well. I was able to deter them by chasing them out of the bathroom and making sure that the roll never hung down to attract their attention. Otherwise, they have fallen in love with a cardboard scratcher and are content to take their frustrations out on it. Squirt bottles and redirection are key, at least in my experience. Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Nandi, Jun 29 9:48 pm

Behavior & Training > Russian Blue Behavior? Talkative?
Isabelle

Queen of Cuddles

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '12 9:45pm PST 
I almost forgot that I asked this a while back...thanks for the responses! I've clicked through a few pics and I still think Izzy looks more like a RB or maybe a Chartreux than anything else. It doesn't matter to me technically what she is though...I love her to pieces at any rate. I am just amused because I have never had such a chatty cat. Izzy is special to say the least but I am happy to report that she is spoiled and well-loved here and nobody in this household has any allergies to give her up (I guess when we adopted her at 11 wks that the previous owners surrendered her because their baby was allergic) and if we did end up with them (allergies), well I guess we're taking Claritin or Zytec or something because I could never give up my baby.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Daniel, Aug 30 5:53 pm

Kitten Corner > The Naming Of Cats

Nandi

Purring Machine

Purred: Fri Jun 8, '12 10:01pm PST 
We named ours after a few days to a week of observation after we adopted them from the local humane society. My Nandi.....we ended up settling on that because she was a bit of a bull and stubborn (still is) and she had the dot as if she was Indian or Hindu...and our Miss Isabelle....she's definitely our little princess and Miss Priss....It just took us a couple days to a week of observation and interaction to determine what fit them just right....
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 31 11:10 am

Behavior & Training > Russian Blue Behavior? Talkative?

Isabelle

Queen of Cuddles

Purred: Fri Jun 8, '12 9:40pm PST 
This might seem like sort of a silly question to some. My fiance and I adopted two kitties about a year and a half ago and they will both be 2 this August. The one most definitely seems like a Russian Blue (mix) based on her coloring and size. Anyone else have one out there? I am amused also because they say typically Russian Blues are relatively quiet yet Miss Izzy is extremely talkative most of the day...she likes to meow at me when I get out of the shower, when we're in the kitchen and she wants petted and generally most of the rest of the day.

We adopted her from the local Humane Society and I doubt that she is a pure-breed (also shown by the slight gray tiger stripes in her tail) but she's petite and colored right but dang does she like to talk and tell you how it is. Anyone else have a talkative Russian Blue or Russian Blue mix or could she possibly be something else? It isn't terribly important as I love her to death no matter what but I guess I'm just curious...
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Daniel, Aug 30 5:53 pm

Behavior & Training > Vacation Topic

Isabelle

Queen of Cuddles

Purred: Fri Jun 8, '12 9:33pm PST 
Every cat is different....that being said....I would take Tiger over to your parents rather than leave him at home for that long. My fiance and I went on a cruise last summer and left our almost 1yr old cats (kittens?) at his grandfathers house. Although the one cat who is very averse to change- she hid out for the first 3 days- was not pleased, the other extremely nebby and inquisitive one was completely fine. I'd say to take him over right before you leave because otherwise he might become frightened and uncomfortable for the visits, not understanding what is really going on. Best of luck that to your kitties for the transition and I hope you have a nice trip! smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Isabelle, Jun 8 9:33 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Poop Spreading?!
Nandi

Purring Machine

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 1:25pm PST 
My guess also would be that he had a "hanger" as we tend to call them at my house. Every now and again Nandi will get one and I've found little poop smears on my floors and a little turd (thank god for hardwood floors being easy to clean!) Moe probably just wanted to get it off of himself. I wouldn't worry too much unless it becomes a recurring thing.

Mol at Hunter- indeed, poop does happen! laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 21 6:11 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.