Postings by Sebastyan's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Raw Food Diet > Articles and Books?
Sebastyan

Purred: Sat Mar 8, '14 8:32pm PST 
Hi I have been considering feeding the raw diet to my cat but he only likes pate I can almost never get him on eating meat bits, and he likes dry food. I figured if I did ever get him on raw diet I would have to work with that.

I was hoping for some book recommendation and to articles and/or books. I own a kindle so any kindle books are good too.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by BK, Mar 9 2:29 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Potential New Cat Adopter Here -- Needs Advice
Sebastyan

Purred: Wed Nov 27, '13 7:36pm PST 
Oh I use to think of myself as a dog person up until I ran into a friend who had like 6-10 cats? some were indoors others outdoors, it was a family that pretty much couldn't say no to a cute face. I realize there are toys for cats to play with and that a cat is nothing like a dog. (that is a huge step in my 12 year old mind)

One toys, rabit fur mice good, feather toys good. They do play with pipecleaners and hairbands. My cat personally loves pens and straws.

Litterboxes and dogs< Oh boy I would suggest getting a large plastic rubbermaid but doggies love kitty poo, and will try to eat it. So some people just make holes in the box so they can see out and get in and out without dogs coming in.
If you have small dogs, this will be a challenge, we have had ways to set up a cat door to the litter box in the garage but sometimes that isn't easy. Just find out what works for you. Autmated litter box will cut down on that issue too.

Cats take time to adapt to surrondings so it can take a month for her to settle in, give them a place to escape. (like the cat tree) the cat should have multiple high places to hang out on.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 11 8:49 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Introducing new kitten to older cat, wanting both to be happy and comfortable!

Sebastyan

Purred: Wed Nov 27, '13 7:12pm PST 
=_= I'm not trying to say that to be mean, but on the bright side at least she isn't 10 or more.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kashi, Mar 16 7:19 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Introducing new kitten to older cat, wanting both to be happy and comfortable!

Sebastyan

Purred: Wed Nov 27, '13 7:00pm PST 
Hey, I would suggest reading Cat vs. Cat.

One get a towel and let the kitten get it's scent especially that facial smell (behind the cheeks) on the towel. Then bring the towel out for the older kitty to check out. As do visa versa for the other adult for the kitten.

Your cat isn't old but 7 is begining of senior years, so probably a bad choice getting a single kitten instead it is reccommended to get a pair so they can keep each other entertained.

Adding an extra ingredient can change things but it really depends on the situation.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kashi, Mar 16 7:19 pm

Siamese > I have a new Meezer mix!

Sebastyan

Purred: Thu Sep 16, '10 11:24pm PST 
Sebby was listed as Siamese mix, though truthfully I questioning if it could be a Snowshoe, or Ragdoll mix. Since I know we do have at least one backyard breeder who does Ragdolls. Yes he talkative, its perfect balance of it too. Say hello when I come home and during feedings, sometimes for the heck of it.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sebastyan, Sep 16 11:24 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > One cat or two?
Sebastyan

Purred: Wed Sep 15, '10 11:09pm PST 
Oh well if your friends have kittens, though I think maybe checking out a shelter or rescue. Its good to look around before deciding on your future cat. Two means twice the vet bills, but less worry when your away like overnight. I only have one kitty but he is very bossy and dominant. Though if you do have outdoor cat visitors be careful. In Cat vs. Cat I read the scent of outdoor rivals does add stress to indoor hierachy.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Persephone Alice Bomballerina, Sep 16 10:05 am

Laws & Legislation > About face book

Stormy- 2000-2009

Tall, Dark, and- Handsome.

Purred: Wed Mar 24, '10 8:40pm PST 
Well its possible that people can set up your account without knowing your password, but I would be suspicious and wonder if someone isn't using my account as many places do require a confirmation code they send to your e-mail or a link that they send.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Marie, Mar 31 7:51 am

Choosing the Right Cat > A new cat Maybe?

Stormy- 2000-2009

Purred: Thu Mar 18, '10 8:53pm PST 
Well Right now I probably won't be getting a cat for a while.

I was driving home from work one night just saw some head lights coming around the corner. I kept my hand on wheel made sure I rounded on my side but the other guy was on my side, we meet at the top of the hill and my car flipped into a ditch. I felt like I was a nightmare for a second. I had studied all semester to get the cert test I was going to take the next day. I haven't studied that hard for a cert test ever. I did not put the extra gas money out every Friday to go to school and study for this. I have told I was lucky to be alive. Though my life was just looking up and now I've been crushed. I was going to take this summer save up money for a new car and a cat which I thought. I'm going full time I can will have enough money my college bill is only going to be less than 150 each month and that was a lot less than expected. I was help paying off my school bills while I was in college only 75 a month and I had some financial aid help out which was a big help.

Now I have to think about insurance, how to finish up school. Continue working and find a new job. Lucky for me I'm not hurt badly 16 stitches from busted leg almost to the bone, and 5 stitches on my face which I had surgery to fix my fracture in my right check. Yeah I broke my face on garage door opener. Talk about a crazy year. I hope that someday I can look back on this time and say I made the best of it.

As for a cat, I still plan on a cat but I have to look at this new budget. I may have to put it off another year, or I may be able to afford one in a few months when this is over. I know I'm looking for personality. I do want a long hair cat if I get a long hair cat I am going to get "Furminator" to help keep shedding down. Getting a white hair cat is nothing like getting a ragdoll.

One: Friendliness we have Dogs and kids plus in my future the will probably be more cats.

Two: Size yes our dog is small but having a small cat around isn't good idea we don't expect Chi to jump all over her. But Chi is going to want to be all over this cat, and she is 9lbs. Size is more for parent pleasing its not necessary but we are aiming for a larger cat. Ragdolls are the biggest.

Three: Fur my parents hate the idea of shedding. I won't be living her forever a medium/long hair cat would be nice. I can keep up on hair care.

Lastly my parents don't want a jumper or a talker. If the cat is jumping on tables a lot that won't go over well if the cat chatters much my parents think that is annoying. My parents are probably the biggest influence on what cat I am getting. Believe me I mentioned a few unique breeds of cats that don't shed as much and they hate the looks of oriental looking breeds they like thicker cat. So talk about unreasonable demands is when you have to work with someone who likes long hair looks but doesn't want the long hair's shedding. I talked to them about all sorts they are old people and have old ideas of what breeds are like and even though I believe its changed they don't see that. Which honestly I'm okay because I like the long hair look and its more work to get it approved its what I want.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stormy 2000-2009, Mar 18 8:53 pm

Kitten Corner > salt lake county animal services is giving cats over 6 months out for free!!

Stormy- 2000-2009

Purred: Wed Mar 10, '10 8:42pm PST 
Our local humane society does that too, but its just the adoption fee is waived they still have license and microchip fees to pay. All and all it still runs around to about 30 bucks with small extra fees included. So they say free but really then mean 20-30 dollars. Which is still a lot less and something someone would consider when living on a fixed income or a small budget.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stormy 2000-2009, Mar 10 8:42 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > A new cat Maybe?
Stormy- 2000-2009

Purred: Sun Feb 28, '10 5:37pm PST 
Well you have chosen a good argument, though the reason I choice the Ragdoll is partially due to my parents and their needs. I'm happy with about any domestic long hair cat. As for my family not so much, which is why I pursued that idea. I have decided recently that I'm not going to get a cat until I move out. Now that is not a solution to my cat wants its more of timing. I feel like its time to move out on my own. Though I may be singing a different tune when I see how much my bills are this fall. So I told my parents I will make these decisions after my school bills and new car bills come in and I see what I have to work with. I still believe that difference between breed cat and moggie is they do breed for personality traits and that breed cats lean closer to their standards as a Domestic is always going to have more random pairings of characteristics. Even though Long hair cats are known to be more laid back.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Stormy 2000-2009, Mar 18 8:53 pm

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.