Postings by Skye (1997~2014)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Willow- Rainbow Bridge ***** How to get wings??? Can u make them for us?
Skye- (1997~2014)

Her Majesty

Purred: Mon Apr 21, '14 9:44pm PST 
Would you PLEASE make my Skye some wings? I am so heartbroken.
I would like this picture unless you think one of her others on her catster page is better. http://files.dogster.com/pix/cats/48/1045648/1045648
Thank you from the bottom of my heart - Chrissy
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mr D - D'boat #19, May 16 7:27 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My baby is gone... I never got to say good bye
Skye- (1997~2014)

Her Majesty

Purred: Mon Apr 21, '14 9:32pm PST 
My sweet Skye went off to pass away on her own terms. After 17 years of being a house only cat she snuck outside while my husband was bringing in the dog last Monday night.
She has been getting increasingly more ill lately. She has hyperthyroidism for the past few years and could rarely keep any brand of soft or hard food down. She had a heart murmur of 5.5 out of 6 at her last vet visit. She also starts having seizures lately. The vet told me she might find a very quite spot away and pass on. I did not believe her.
I feel so guilty I was not there for her. She didn't give e
Me the chance. I have spent many many hour searching for her. I called every vet in the areas, pound, humane society, shelter, ... The morning after she ran away from home. I put flyer on every mail box in our development the next morning.
I know in my heart she is gone. I have never felt so much pain in my life. I promised I would not let her die alone. I have no body. No name tag and collar (she had it on).
It has been 7 days. No calls nothing.
I miss her so much cry
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Skye (1997~2014), Apr 21 9:32 pm

Senior Cats > My sweet baby passed away... I never got to say goodbye

Skye- (1997~2014)

Her Majesty

Purred: Mon Apr 21, '14 9:23pm PST 
My sweet Skye went off to pass away on her own terms. After 17 years of being a house only cat she snuck outside while my husband was bringing in the dog last Monday night.
She has been getting increasingly more ill lately. She has hyperthyroidism for the past few years and could rarely keep any brand of soft or hard food down. She had a heart murmur of 5.5 out of 6 at her last vet visit. She also starts having seizures lately. The vet told me she might find a very quite spot away and pass on. I did not believe her.
I feel so guilty I was not there for her. She didn't give e
Me the chance. I have spent many many hour searching for her. I called every vet in the areas, pound, humane society, shelter, ... The morning after she ran away from home. I put flyer on every mail box in our development the next morning.
I know in my heart she is gone. I have never felt so much pain in my life. I promised I would not let her die alone. I have no body. No name tag and collar (she had it on).
It has been 7 days. No calls nothing.
I miss her so much rainbow
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Stella, Apr 28 8:27 pm

Senior Cats > My Louie is gone and needs some wings

Skye- (1997~2014)

Her Majesty

Purred: Thu Apr 4, '13 10:00am PST 
I am so sorry for your loss rainbow
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Muffy, May 28 3:45 pm

Senior Cats > Need small size kibble (in addition to wet)

Skye- (1997~2014)

Her Majesty

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '13 5:39am PST 
Thanks! Mom says she will check those foods out
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Felix, Oct 21 2:45 pm

Senior Cats > Need small size kibble (in addition to wet)
Skye- (1997~2014)

Her Majesty

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 8:00am PST 
I'm 16 and I don't have many back teeth left so I won't eat bigger kibble.
Mom feeds me wet canned food 2 times a day (sometimes 3). Usually I eat Fancy Feast or Halo.
But she leaves me a bowl of hard kibble out all the time so I can graze.
I never been a bottom of the bowl kind of girl. I eat until full and leave.
Anyone know of a good small size kibble that will not require much chewing?
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Felix, Oct 21 2:45 pm

Food & Nutrition > Water Fountains

Skye- (1997~2014)

Her Majesty

Purred: Tue Sep 27, '11 1:07pm PST 
I have this one http://www.petco.com/product/112616/Petco-Premium-Ceramic-Cat-Founta in.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch
LOVE IT!
My vet said I need to drink lots of water since I developed Hyperthyroidism. I am 14 yrs old now.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Oct 15 4:59 pm

Senior Cats > Hyperthyroidism >^..^

Skye- (1997~2014)

Her Majesty

Purred: Sun Aug 21, '11 4:53pm PST 
I have been on 2.5 (5mg a day) for almost a month.
My numbers have gone down. Still waiting for one more test to come in on Monday.
I used to weigh about 7 pounds 3 OZ.
When I went in and was diagnosed I was down to 5 LB & 11 OZ.
I have gained back 1/2 a pound YAY!
The first thyroid test went from 24 down to 3.3 The vet said 4 is normal but a cat on medication should show a lower number on the test than the normal.
My other test was 397 in the beginning and is now down to 105. The vet said 100 is high normal.

Mom is really scared because the vet is talking about maybe having to increase the medication. The 5mg a day scares her because that seems high and if the Dr. increases it Mom is worried my kidneys will crash or something.

Advice? Mom is really upset, confused and sad.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Pogo, Jul 4 7:20 am

Cat Health > Hyperthyroidism >^..^< (cross post in Seniors too)

Skye- (1997~2014)

Her Majesty

Purred: Sun Aug 21, '11 4:04pm PST 
I have been on 2.5 (5mg a day) for almost a month.
My numbers have gone down. Still waiting for one more test to come in on Monday.
I used to weigh about 7 pounds 3 OZ.
When I went in and was diagnosed I was down to 5 LB & 11 OZ.
I have gained back 1/2 a pound YAY!
The first thyroid test went from 24 down to 3.3 The vet said 4 is normal but a cat on medication should show a lower number on the test than the normal.
My other test was 397 in the beginning and is now down to 105. The vet said 100 is high normal.

Mom is really scared because the vet is talking about maybe having to increase the medication. The 5mg a day scares her because that seems high and if the Dr. increases it she is worried my kidneys will crash or something.

Advice? Mom is really upset, confused and sad.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by In Loving Memory of Pocahontas, Oct 17 9:40 pm

Senior Cats > Hyperthyroidism >^..^
Skye- (1997~2014)

Her Majesty

Purred: Sat Jul 23, '11 7:37pm PST 
The vet ran a Geriatric Blood Test and she said it was 100% Hyperthyroidism.

Mom is worried about the meds and the amount as someone else said they did fine on half this dose.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Pogo, Jul 4 7:20 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.