GO!

Help! Possible surgery trauma?!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Elsa

Red White and- Blue Upon a- Birthday Cake

Purred: Thu Apr 15, '10 7:44pm PST 
Little Elsa, the love of my life, had seven teeth removed three months ago due to bad gums she sadly inherited from her mother. She has made a remarkable recovery, other than being a little annoyed after being switched to wet food (she hates it!). However, about a month ago, Elsa developed a little problem. Anytime her "father" or I leave the house to go to work, or dinner, she has accidents all over the house. At first, we thought the poo-presents were just coincidence. Now it happens EVERY TIME WE LEAVE. I don't understand; her litter-box is kept immaculate, she's been switched back to her dry food now that her teeth and gums are healthy, and she's nothing but sweet, wonderful and social while we're home. Is it possible for a cat to develop a separation anxiety after surgery? If so, why did this not manifest earlier? WE took her to the vet, and nothing is wrong with her physically... Has anyone else experienced this?
[notify]