GO!

Am I a good choice for a pet if I'm aloof when I first met my people?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Siri

Purred: Wed Jun 17, '09 11:19pm PST 
Hi, I'm Tove, a pure bred Norwegian Forest Cat. I'm 6 weeks old and I have a deposit made on me by some very nice people but I can tell they are wondering if I will make a good pet. I have four other brothers and sisters and when my people came to visit me I hid under the sofa and even after they found me and held me I kept wandering away from the people action to explore the next room or see what my siblings were doing. My breeder explained to my people that I was really a great kitten and was just exhibiting typical Wegie behavior but my people are wondering if I am socialized enough since I didn't seem too interested in them. They wonder if I will bond with them when they get me home or if I will be totally independant. I think they really want me to be their friend. Can you help us figure this out?
[notify]

Philbert

Snort!

Purred: Wed Jun 24, '09 12:26pm PST 
You are just the cutest little guy! Maybe you have a shy personality and needs to warm up to your family? Being a tiny kitten with big strangers around you can be scary, you might just need to warm up to them a bit and know you'll be safe. in my experience (my roomates kitty) having such a shy personality made her bond very very strongly to a few people, but was nervous around strangers until she got to know them. You may just be a shy little bug who loves you mom and dad and are a little tentative about new people, which is ok if you have a quiet household. or maybe you will blossom into a brave big guy, and are now just a shy little kitten. Either way, I think you'll be ok. you are so cute, I dont know how you could possible lack the attention of anyone.
[notify]