GO!

Am I Himalayan?? What am I??

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Bella

Possibly the- only- schizophrenic- cat! :)

Purred: Fri Oct 31, '08 6:02pm PST 
I have blue eyes, some of the same coloring, long hair, and big feet like a himalayan but is that what I am?? I don't have the flat face or some of the other features full himis have....Just trying to figure out what I am...My new Mommy nor my last family really know...Do you? shrug
[notify]

Milo

Purred: Mon Jun 29, '09 7:29pm PST 
Hi!

She looks like a Himalayan mix.

"I don't have the flat face or some of the other features full himis have." Not all Himi's do. The flat "ticked off" face as I like to call it is called an extreme or show face. There are many other Himalyans like my own (Milo) who are born with a regular or cuter face called a traditional face or doll-faced. Or there is always the possibitlity that because your kitty is a mix, she didn't pick up the "show" face gene. smile

You may be able to figure out what she is crossed with, one big thing that stands out to me is those large pointed ears. I can't think of any breeds off the top of my head (maybe a Lynx?) but I'm sure if you browse some breed photos you will find a picture of a breed with those ears and it will give you a pretty good idea of what she may be mixed with. big grin
[notify]