Beasley

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Beasley

I'm the Bee's- Knees!

Purred: Tue Jul 1, '14 6:40pm PST 
A couple of months ago, I noticed that Beasley was waking in circles, seemed weaker in her hind legs,, and was getting stuck in corners. I took her to the vet, and after ruling out an inner ear issue, he thought maybe she was having trouble with her arthritis and gave her a prescription for Metacam. After 10 days, she was walking much better, but she was still walking in circles and getting stuck in corners, so he recommended that I take her to see a neurologist. Beasley had a full neurological exam last week, and it was determined that she has brain disease, most likely a brain tumor.

The following is from Beasley's Discharge Instructions:

Recommendations:
Beasley is showing signs of brain disease affecting her balance system. She does not appear terribly dizzy but has some subtle signs of this system dysfunction. We discussed the common causes of these findings, with a tumor as the most likely cause of Beasly's signs. Please monitor for signs mentation changes, decreased appetite or non stop circling. As discussed consider euthanasia when her quality of life appears worse. She also displays signs of spinal disease which from the records appear chronic. It was really nice to meet you and Beasley. We wish you both the best!

I chose not to get a brain scan and go to extreme lengths to treat the tumor. I decided that I was just going to delight in every single moment with Beasley and do whatever I could to ensure that she continues to enjoy a happy, pain-free life.

Last week Beasley's health began to decline. She is still eating, but she is having difficulty getting around, holding herself up to relieve herself, doesn't appear to see very well, and has been trembling.

I'm taking Beasley to the veterinarian today to help her on her way to the Rainbow Bridge. It is time to let her go.

little angelhugBeasleyhuglittle angel

Sandy (aka- Thumper)

Stunned that- Dogster is going- away

Purred: Tue Jul 1, '14 8:02pm PST 
Oh Lori... I am so so so Sorry.... Beasley was very blessed when she adopted you.

Many many hugs hughughughughughughughughughug

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Purred: Tue Jul 1, '14 9:01pm PST 
I'm so sorry to hear this news Lori hug hug hug My thoughts are with you, and may sweet Beasley pass away peacefully hug

Hershey

When you're- chocolate, life- is sweet!

Purred: Tue Jul 1, '14 10:46pm PST 
cry Oh Lori, we're so sorry to hear this. You were Beasley's angel when you rescued her, and now she will be yours. hughughughughughughughughughug

Edwina- (Angel Eddy)- DG#1

Big Paw

Purred: Tue Jul 1, '14 10:55pm PST 
hugbig hug Beasley and Lori big hughug

Angel Mallow- ~ married to- O.J.

Pointy Thumbtack- on the Throne of- Kings!

Purred: Tue Jul 1, '14 11:01pm PST 
Amen to that! We didn't know Beasley because not only are we fairly new around here, we're on the feline side of things. But that kind of news transcends species and we all can relate.

Big hugs, and we will welcome Beasley to the Rainbow Bridge with honours. big hug big hug -- Angels Smokey & Mallow, Jezebel & Pierre

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Tue Jul 1, '14 11:54pm PST 
Oh Lori.....

Oh Miss Bea.....

Sail on Fair Winds and Calm Seas Miss Bea.....

You rescued your Mum when you found each other.. and that wont ever EVER stop.

Hugsssss and Love for both of you

hugrainbowhugrainbowhugrainbowhugrainbowhugrainbowhugrainbowhug

Flicka ∆,,∆ & Lucas /..| Cleo (I.M.) ∆,,∆ & Pam X

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Wed Jul 2, '14 12:31am PST 
I'm so sorry to hear that Lori hughughug

Abby - Forever- Loved

Forever loved- (January- 2001-August- 2012)

Purred: Wed Jul 2, '14 1:31am PST 
Run free and healthy at the Bridge sweet Beasley hughug Much love to your momma hughughughug

Bailey NWD

Bailey- Blinkerson- Eskiwowow Raiman

Purred: Wed Jul 2, '14 3:15am PST 
Mom and I are very sorry to hear about Beasley. We send you our sympathy and hugs at this sad time. |hughughughug

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5