How do your Thundercats Roll Out Their Thunder?

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Uno

We little black- kitties RULE!

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 9:18am PST 
How do your Thundercats Roll Out Their Thunder?

When the doorways are open as they usually are, it forms an unbroken rough oval pathway through the bedroom, the living room, the kitchen, and two hallways. Uno and some of my other younger cats "roll out their thunder" by racing and chasing each other around this oval pathway at high speed. The sound they make is similar to that of a group of horses thundering around an oval racetrack. Lefty "rolls out her thunder" sometimes by galloping as noisily as a horse up and down the long straight hallway.

It's amazing how a cat can move silently when it wants to, even at high speed but at other times that same cat can make so much noise it sounds like the thundering of a horse's hooves. When I used to live in an old farmhouse with an upstairs, sometimes the cats would "roll out their thunder" by going up or down a stairway with a noise that sounded like a large human or an elephant was stomping hard up and down the stairs.

Almost all my cats occasionally "roll out" undesired thunder when I hear an ominous loud crashing sound come from another room and go check to find the cats have knocked something over or knocked things off of shelves, etc. When the cats roll out undesired thunder, they almost always are absolutely silent as they flee the scene at the same high speeds at which they gallop noisily like horses when they know they aren't in trouble!

Let's hear how your Thundercats "roll out their thunder".

Barney Joe- Thunderbear

I am lion, hear- me roar!

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 10:08am PST 
Mommi had a friend who once said of our *thundering* through the house, "It sounds like a herd of tiny elephants!" Our beloved Angel Pie Joe Thunderbear, a lilac Persian , was small, but he is the only cat we have ever known who would actually STOMP when he walked.thinking Violett the Battlecat used to race through the house and literally bounce off walls and doors, and continue undeterred. Then of course we have that magic ability to be so swift and silent we will be behind you and suddenly we are in front of you and it is most eerie, like a disapperaing act.big grin What I love most (I am APJ Thunderbear's son) is to gallop down the hallway and into the dinging room or the front room and leap gracefully over any cat in our way!dancing We all have that ability. Now China, our Himalayan, never thunders and and is very inactive. We have noticed a tendency in our Persians and Himmies to be of a more solemn attitude, not acrobatic, but Persians mixed with another breed tend to be active and climb, something Mommi dislikes. cheercheercheer What she doesn't realize that, in the still of the night when she hears a *thundering* crash, one of us, we never tell who, has clumb!big grin Let me be quick to add that I never partake in such, um, raucousness red face---only because I am HUGE in stature.
Barneby Jones Thunderbear the Great (^..^)

Smiley- Cassanova

MEMFUR OF THE NO- CLUB!

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 6:57pm PST 
I goesh thundering through, up, ofur and acrossh whatefur may be in my path! I likesh to givesh my thunder cry ash I go! I'tsh alwaysh grrreat to do one of my shpecial runsh and landsh on mom when she'sh ashleep and wakesh her. She makesh a grrreat bouncing leverage fur me to carry on. Shometimesh we crash into one of the open double doorsh and shlamsh it shut, of courshe when mom ish ashleep to wakesh her!laugh out loud We likesh to makesh thingsh clang and shometimesh crash!shock

Barney Joe- Thunderbear

Purred: Fri Feb 8, '13 7:19am PST 
hailhailhail Smiles! Auntie Ro's cat Itty, she leaps on Auntie Ro while she is asleep and thence to the window above Auntie Ro's head!dancing I sometimes *thunder* a few steps in Mommi's bedroom,, and then LEAP on the bed beside her. This startles her and I suspect it makes her slightly irritable for a moment.big grin

Sophie- Thunderbear

The Beautiful- One

Purred: Fri Feb 8, '13 7:24am PST 
Smiley, we like this "thunder cry" stuff. I don't believe any of us do that in a full thunder...Barnaby Jones will "Me-OWWW!", his plaintive "I want something but I don't know what it is" meaow, when trotting along anywhere within Mommi's hearing.cheercheer

Barney Joe- Thunderbear

Purred: Fri Feb 8, '13 7:28am PST 
I also like to *thunder* after my furmom Bunny through the kitchen.hi5

Platelicker - ♥- DB#69

Platelicker- Prowlin's

Purred: Fri Feb 8, '13 10:01am PST 
I thunder frum tha back bedroom thru tha hall thru tha livin' room... thunder out the cat flap in tha winder... hit tha back porch once... and up to the porch rail in about 4 seconds flat!! snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy

then... I run back!! snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy

Smiley- Cassanova

MEMFUR OF THE NO- CLUB!

Purred: Fri Feb 8, '13 3:09pm PST 
applauselaugh out loudcheer

ASHLEY

LIVING LIFE TO- THE FULLEST!!- LOVE IT!!

Purred: Sat Feb 9, '13 1:57am PST 
I thunder with my adopted daughter, Tatiana all the way from the kitchen through the dining room, into the living room, through our cat tunnel, off the couch and back into the kitchenrelieved
Thank gosh Dad gives me my liver flavored vitamin every nightlaugh out loud

Barney Joe- Thunderbear

Purred: Sat Feb 9, '13 8:53am PST 
Hmmm...this liver-flavored vitamin sounds very effective. I must see about getting my paws on some of those. I also------WAIT!! A warning just APPEARED on the monitor SCREEN! It says, and I quote: "Critical Warning Number Six--Something Very Big Will Happen in America within the Next 180 Days."
shockconfused....eek....o.k., this COULD be a hoax...thinking.....meditate

Edited by author Sat Feb 9, '13 8:56am PST

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2