REDO - Contestants Post Here! (Challenge 6)

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Tue Feb 5, '13 9:02pm PST 
Post your Photos Here Contestants!

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 6:23am PST 
way to go

Challenge 6

A redo... or.. Depth Of Field Part 2 .. the photo I nearly submitted the first time around

For the Depth of Field challenge I had two photos... this was the second one.

The picture simply makes me laugh ! The "Look" says it all .........

The Evidence.. the Contrite Look.... the Dent in the Pile Of Earth (dark patch at "4 o'clock)

THE DENIAL !! written all over his face !

I had even said out loud to him, "You poked your nose in the earth didnt you ? !!"

You can almost hear the answer.......

I did not stick my nose in the gopher pile !

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 9:59am PST 
wave

This week, rather than redo my favorite challenge (which was the perspectives challenge), I decided to pick one of the challenges that I felt I didn't do so well with.

I felt like I didn't do so well with both the lines and the depth of field challenges. Since I still can't figure out how to get the blurring effect for the depth of field with my point and shoot camera, that left me with the lines challenge.

My redo for the lines challenge photo was taken at Liberty State Park. It's actually an older picture, as you can probably tell since all the trees still had leaves when I took it.

The cool thing about this park is that is has views of both Ellis Island/the Statue of Liberty and the NYC skyline. The picture I'm submitting is of Kitsune gazing out at the NYC skyline. The tallest building you see in the background is actually the new freedom tower that's being put up where the twin towers used to stand.

When I went through my pictures I was looking for one of Kitsune on his leash. Because what "line" has more impact on a dog's life than his leash? It provides them the opportunity to spend time exploring outdoors, and keeps them safe while doing so. Kit's leash is a line that we utilize every single day, rain or shine, multiple times a day.

I picked this photo out of many others that I had of Kitsune on his leash because, while it does show his leash, I felt that there were also many other lines of interest in the photo as well. The skyline in the background, and the curved lines of the winding road being the most prominent.

Going for a walk

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 10:15am PST 
Even though I'm a big boy and weigh 100 lbs, one of the absolute joys of my life is still being a lap dog, no matter how big I am

After dad sat down, I crawled into his lap and fell asleep and mom captured this tender moment

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 1:04pm PST 
I decided to redo the "celebrating life/joy in life" etc challenge as that was the only challenge that i wasn't happy with my entry.

So during a very windy, cold and muddy walk i got this....

Running free big grin

A couple of people have commented at how he looks as if he's saying "cheese" at the camera as he's running towards me laugh out loud Running free, being on a great walk is the best joy a dog can experience i think and i think this clearly shows here.

I was also very happy with this shot because i struggle in getting action shots of Ty as he's black. But this has turned out pretty well AND all four paws are off the ground!

As an aside it also fits the DOF challenge, but without the interesting background wink

Van Winkle

Call Me Winkie!

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 8:53pm PST 
OMD, not even a week retired and I already forgot what day it is!!

I liked the first challenge best, Lines. And I liked that photo, too, but the judges pointed out that it didn't quite meet the challenge. I can't give that particular shot another try until next Christmas, so what to do? While I was thinking (probably over-thinking!), Winkie presented me with an alternative! I only took this because I thought it was so cute, and when I saw it I immediately thought, "That's what they were looking for!" Yes, that brown lump is Hershey. You'll never catch Winkie more than a foot away from Hershey. But I think the focus of this photo really is Lines.

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 9:11pm PST 
I decided to redo "Up high, down low, wherever you can go".
Went through some of the pictures I had taken for previous challenges, and decided to use some photos of Treader enjoying the outdoors.
Treader sticking out his tongue in the one photo I think rather captures his attitude when he's loose--"Run, run, catch me if you can!" When he's loose outside and sees me, he gets this mischievous look in his eyes and starts to run off playfully, expecting me to chase after him as if it's all a game.
The other two photos work as well, because he's not always running when he's outside. He likes to sit, or lie, down and relax as well.

Up high, down low, wherever you can go

Dandi

To Know Me Is To- Love Me

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 9:28pm PST 
My redo is for the DOF Challenge. In this picture you see Dandi and then in the background is our oldest Grand Daughter, Tiffani. The two have a very close relationship. The picture was taken this past Christmas Eve. Dandi always knows that there are a lot of presents for her under the tree, yet she never touches them. She knows the Grand Kids open their gifts first, and she watches patiently. When her turn comes Dandi dives right in and opens them with enthusiastic joy! In the picture Dandi is asking "now?" and Tiffani can't wait to see Dandi dive in.

I was asked for an interesting background and I think my beautiful Grand Daughter is extremely interesting! It's more in focus than my first DOF, I wanted to see that impish grin on Tiffani's face so this DOF is much clearer than my baby fir trees which were my background in the 1st DOF Challenge.

This picture could also be used to show the joyous side of Dandi's life...when her 8 Grand Kids are here to love on and she gets presents! What could be better. If you asked Dandi and me, not much!

Tiffani & Dandi Christmas

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 9:30pm PST 
I decided to redo the challenge I did wrong the first time, which was Challenge 4 - Up High, Down Low, Inside, Sideways, Where Ever You Can Go. I got too caught up in my theme, and didn't put enough emphasis on perspective. So this time I tried to stick with a simple theme, and to get three unique perspectives around one object.

Several years ago, my younger brother planted a kumquat tree in the yard. We expected the tree and the fruits to both stay fairly small, but for whatever reason, the tree really took off (we joke that it's because we bought it at Costco and everything is bigger there). I liked the bright colors of the kumquats and leaves against a black dog, so I decided to use it for my common theme. Here's Onyx viewed from within, below, and above the kumquat tree

Edited by author Wed Feb 6, '13 9:31pm PST

Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 10:18pm PST 
I also decided to redo Challenge 4, but with a different subject this time, Jericho the cat.

Jeri is an interesting creature to photograph...his default facial expression is "angry" and I regularly refer to him as "The Thundercloud", which is especially funny once you learn that he is actually the most level-headed and friendly critter in the house!! laugh out loud

So here we have Jeri enjoying a sunbeam on the bed. He was very pleased with himself that day and was trying hard to entice me into curling up for a nap with him!

Sunbeam Jericho

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2