Share Some Photos Here

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Sun Dec 2, '12 1:14pm PST 
I thought I would start this thread since many of you are learning your new cameras. Feel free to post your shots here -- any subject matter is fine.

I've been practicing with my lensbaby and I'm having a heck of a time. I was out most of the day yesterday at the Botanical Gardens near my home taking photos, and only came home with a few that I liked.

Went out again this morning (in between rain) and took more and ugh! I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

A few that I was excited about using the micro lens, turned out to be a disappointment. So I'll start and post a few of my "learning" shots and some that I really liked.

kids posing for their parents

fall leaves

work in progress

and here are my disappointments:

raindrops on leaves

I was really excited about this one because of the colors and the tips of the spikes holding onto the raindrops; however, the sweet spot is out of focus. Alot of them came out that way. I was using a macro lens and had to get up really really close to get it in focus. I was sitting on the ground leaning in. I'm wondering if I was shaking too much.

laugh out loud That's what happens when you're older and trying to be a photographer. Steady isn't always happening.

spikey flower

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Sun Dec 2, '12 2:16pm PST 
Great pics Talker! Even the disappointment shots are good laugh out loud

I wonder if all the rain drops fooled the camera sensor?

I took this picture of an icicle sparkle last year. The sun on the ice made brilliant colored sparkles but the camera didn't capture the colors very well. I don't know why or how I could've done it differently shrug

Icicle sparkle

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Sun Dec 2, '12 3:27pm PST 
I was using a macro lens and it should have brought out some brilliance.

check out these done by others:

http://pinterest.com/janaperskie/raindrops-awesome-photog raphs-taken-with-a-macro-l/

That's what I was looking for.
thinking

I think with your photo, looks like the sun may have washed it out some. I wonder if you would have shot it with the sun behind you it would have shown up clearer.

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Sun Dec 2, '12 3:34pm PST 
The link didn't work Talker

I tried standing in different places in front of the tree but that place was the only one that made it sparkle

Reba

Grrrr's just- wanna have- fun

Purred: Sun Dec 2, '12 8:19pm PST 
those piccys are pawsome Talker and Bonzie! cloud 9

me wonders what me is doing now in this challenge big laughbig laugh

me don't have any fancy lenses, and can barely keep my batteries charged long enuff to get a shot laugh out loud (to do list: new rechargeable batteries once mom has a few extra $$'s)

BUT, here is a shot mom took last night wiff her old outdated Olympus D500L, on a pupper quilt made just for me (well Idgie really, but her is an angel now) as a prize in the Adopt Stroll 2012....

me was supposedly in a deep snooze when mom got her camera (but me has "mom radar" and is aware of every move she makes) so me woke up and one thing me liked, was that the blankie seems to really bring out the blue in my eyes big grin

the batteries lasted (after being charged and then sitting for a few days) for the one shot confused and nothing was done to it except cropping....

me on the new Wolfy blankie

p.s. that rawhide bone "leftover" you see next to me, I took from Jimmy.... this morning he got it back and buried it in the yard laugh out loud

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Sun Dec 2, '12 9:10pm PST 
Nice blankie way to go

It does bring out the blue in your eyes wink

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Sun Dec 2, '12 10:04pm PST 
Sexy Reba. smile

Wow your camera's betters only lasted for one shot? I hope you get a new battery for Christmas. way to go

I wish I had more time to practice but now with the holidays and this contest, I don't know when I'll go out again. Practice makes perfect.

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Mon Dec 3, '12 7:28am PST 
LOVED the 2 leaves photos Talker....

Bonzie.. the snow brightness over-exposed the rest of it.. that is why you lost the colours. You could take out some of the glare and adjust the light/dark.

Still loved the photo.... love icicles !.

Reba... beautiful Blankie ! Daisy made a lighthouse one for me ! Wishing you a new battery !Reba looks wonderful !

This one is my Moonflower. We are in deep drought.. we had 30 seconds rain in the early hours one night in June.. I took this....

Moonflower with raindrops

This was in September

Queens of the Night and Morning

Then this was July and was in the middle of it happening...

Birth of a Thunderstorm

Edited by author Mon Dec 3, '12 7:29am PST

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Mon Dec 3, '12 7:40am PST 
I lve cloud pics! That is a great cloud pic with the rays peeking out. Great photo Flicka.

That makes sense about the snow blowing out the pic. You could try and meter the snow first to check if it was over exposing the scene and then compensate that before taking te pic. Hope you get new icicles this season.

Flicka Reba had a question about raw pics.

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Mon Dec 3, '12 7:49am PST 
Talker.. I answered it where she asked it.. in "Welcome"

I was typing that as you posted your question to her. !

Thanks for the way to go ! It was one of about 25 pics taken in about 5 mins !

Bonzie.. sent you something in your email...

Edited by author Mon Dec 3, '12 7:59am PST

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19