CHESTER NEEDSH PRAYERS AND SHUPPORT.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Smiley- Cassanova

MEMFUR OF THE NO- CLUB!

Purred: Wed Nov 28, '12 2:45pm PST 
Chester wash a Doggie DDP today and shadly thish wash in hish Diary:

I feel like I have just been hit by a train head on. I don't think things could get much worse around here. Yuki is having great difficulty moving around these days and every day is a struggle for him at 15 years of age, Mia is in heart failure, and now Chester's biopsy report came back with the worst possible diagnosis.

Chester has cancer. A form of Epitheliotropic Lymphoma. Prognosis is very poor, usually only months after diagnosis.

Next step will be to start and keep him on prednisone and hope we can further slow down the progression. I'm living in a nightmare and I can't wake up.

Denise

Pawleashe lendsh a paw of shupport. Thanksh you.big hug

Chester's Dogster ID# 471548

Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Purred: Fri Nov 30, '12 4:57am PST 
that breaks my heart. He's 15 too. My heart goes out to the family and to Chester. I'm on my way! hughughughughughug

Smiley- Cassanova

MEMFUR OF THE NO- CLUB!

Purred: Fri Nov 30, '12 5:57pm PST 
Thanksh you Scooter!big hug

Smiley- Cassanova

MEMFUR OF THE NO- CLUB!

Purred: Sun Dec 2, '12 2:11pm PST 
Update on Chester from diary: They foundsh shome more cancer shpotsh on hish back.crymeditate

Smiley- Cassanova

MEMFUR OF THE NO- CLUB!

Purred: Tue Dec 4, '12 3:45pm PST 
Chester - DDP Doggie today and here ish the update on hish shkin:

So the lesions popping up all over the place appear to be a nasty skin infection. The vet shaved off some fur around one of them and took a sample to check under the microscope. There wasn't a large number of lymphocytes detected so they are treating it as a skin infection. I am now on antibiotics and medicated baths(every other day). Hopefully there will be a quick improvement. All I want to know is why last time all I had to do was hop on the scale and I got an Arby's roast beef sammy and this time nada! Nothing! OK, mom did stop at the grocery store and buy me a package of turkey franks but it isn't as exciting as going through the drive thru!

I also just had my bath so I am not too happy right now. Not to mention, mom made sure to keep massaging in the shampoo for the FULL 10 minutes. It says 5-10 minutes mom! 5 would be plenty. Because it is cold I even had to endure the dreaded blow dryer. She won't even let me go out right now. This is gonna be a long skin recovery. The vet says if it improves but then comes back after the antibiotics are gone, I may have to go back on them long term. We just aren't sure what is causing the skin issues right now. The vet also said my form of epitheliotropic lymphoma will spread internally. Mom needs to watch for swollen lymph nodes and changes in behavior. Thank goodness I still feel fine for now.

Cheers,
Chester

hugmeditate

Scooter,- PAWS

Purred: Wed Dec 5, '12 12:49pm PST 
I have been following Chester too. Breaks my heart cryhughughug it's a rare form of lymphoma and I know many don't have much experience with it frown

Kimmy

Miss Barky Von- Barkle

Purred: Thu Dec 6, '12 5:48pm PST 
This is just so so sad for this furamily frown I wish that there was a skin solution that would take care of those infections for Chester. As to Mia, her heart may be weak in strength, but she knows that her heart is beating to a strong vibes of our prayers and thoughts for her. May all the health issues and sickness for this furamily and for the momma be treated with love from us, and a potion of prayers, and a lot of hugshughughug from us.

Smiley- Cassanova

MEMFUR OF THE NO- CLUB!

Purred: Fri Dec 7, '12 6:24pm PST 
Scooter and Kimmy!big hugbig hug

Smiley- Cassanova

MEMFUR OF THE NO- CLUB!

Purred: Sun Dec 16, '12 2:03pm PST 
Chester wash DDP Doggie today and here ish an update!

Since starting the antibiotics and the medicated baths for the skin condition that flared up when I started the prednisone, we have noticed a tremendous improvement. My skin is no longer bright red and itchy and no new spots have popped up. Also, the ones I had are all healing and the scabbing is already gone. I will soon be out of antibiotics though so the vet said if they start to crop back up as soon as the medication is gone, we will have to go back for more and I will have to stay on them. Mom is hoping that isn't the case but I don't care. Pills equal treats for me and I LOVE TREATS! Woo Woo Woo! BOL!

As far as the cancer goes, I still feel great. My boy will be home in a few days too and I can't wait to see him. He will get to see me as the same happy woo woo boy that he loves so much. We will have a great Christmas together.

Cheers,
Chester

PS- thank you for all the wonderful condogulation and get well pressies. And thank you secret Santa smile

cheerbig grinway to goapplause

Scooter,- PAWS

Purred: Mon Dec 17, '12 11:26am PST 
That's positive. I am glad they are focusing on the positive Smiley. I wish them a very merry christmas and many healthy days!

hughughughughughughughughughughug

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2