2 eggs
1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
2 scallions, sliced
1 cup barbecue sauce, divided

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread, eggs, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix with your hands until well blended. Place on a 12- x 16-inch piece of wax paper and pat firmly into a 10- x 12-inch rectangle.

In a small bowl, combine cheese and scallions; mix well. Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over ground beef. Roll up jelly roll-style, starting from the short end, by lifting wax paper and removing the paper as you roll. Seal ends well. Place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.

Pour half of barbecue sauce over beef roll and bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven, pour remaining sauce over roll, and return to oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains. Remove from oven and allow to stand 10 minutes. Slice and serve.

Zoey

Mom says I am- her special- Girl!!

Purred: Sat May 19, '12 3:47pm PST 
Apple Dumplings

Our recipe for easy homemade apple dumplings is inspired by the traditional apple dumplings that are still so popular in the Amish areas of Pennsylvania.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
4 small or 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored (see Note)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

2. In a small saucepan, combine the water, white sugar, vanilla, 1 tablespoon butter, and the nutmeg over high heat. Bring to a boil for 1 minute; set aside.

3. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; mix well.

4. Unroll pastry and cut into quarters. Stuff each apple cavity with an equal amount of brown sugar mixture and place on a pastry quarter. Fold pastry up around apples and pinch ends together to completely enclose apples. Place dumplings seam-side down in an 8-inch square baking dish and pour sugar sauce over the top.

5. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm, drizzled with sugar glaze from bottom of baking dish

Muffy

You Can Never- Have To Many- Hugs & Rubs

Purred: Sun Jun 17, '12 4:39pm PST 
Ceasar Burgers
Ingredients
• 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
• 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup dry seasoned stuffing mix
• 1/2 cup creamy Caesar dressing, divided
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 6 romaine lettuce leaves
• 6 hamburger rolls
Instructions
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.

2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Parmesan cheese, stuffing mix, 1/4 cup Caesar dressing, the garlic powder, and pepper; mix well. Form mixture into 6 equal patties.

3. Grill burgers 8 to 12 minutes, or until no longer pink in center, turning halfway through grilling.

4. Place lettuce and burgers on rolls and top with remaining Caesar dressing. Serve immediately.
Notes
• While the grill is hot, we're recommending that you grill up some flavorful and healthy summer veggies as a go-along.

Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Winks, to the- ladies, Iz still- got it

Purred: Tue Jul 3, '12 11:37pm PST 
Self saucing spongy pudding

2 ozs Butter, half cup sugar, 1x egg, 1 cup flour,1 teaspoon of baking powder (or whatever you use to get flour to rise I know some countries don't do baking powder) 2x teaspoon cocoa, half cup milk and a drop of vanilla essence.

Cream the butter, sugar and egg.
Then add the flour, baking powder, coca, milk and the vanilla ess. mix well.
Transfer to a 1L or 1.5 L ovenproof dish that has been greased with butter.

Sprinkle on top of the mixture (do not mix in)
Half a cup of sugar, 2x dessertspoons cocoa then pour over the top (carefully) 2 cups of water.
Cook for 30 minutes at 375 deg F or 190 deg C

Serve with ice cream, milk or cream. Also this reheats really well the next day in the microwave if you have leftovers.

smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

My tips on this desert are....

I use an oven proof glass bowl that can take 1-1.5l as the pudding rises. If you use a glass one you can soften the butter in the microwave first before adding the sugar mix together and then the egg smile I also just use a fork to mix the ingredients, ( less appliances to clean). It may not be as good but it's a pretty fool proof recipe which I need.laugh out loud
Scrape the bowl above the mixture so the mixture is flat. You don't need to transfer it making more dishessmile

Then sprinkle on the top the other ingredients. When pouring the water over the mixture it’s handy to pour onto a spoon so it disperses the water carefully over the mixture. Then put it in the oven. If your bowl is about 1 L I would put a tray under it in case it spills over.
My latest oven isn't that good and I find it needs to cook for a longer period of time so check the pudding after the 30mins if it doesn’t look like a cake sponge leave it in there.
Also it depends on how strong your cocoa is. I made this in Holland and found I needed to use twice the amount of cocoa that I would use in New Zealand. So if your one doesn't seem chocolate enough add more next time, I hope you do try it again, as I found this pudding goes down well if I ever had to go to a pot luck dinner and it really is almost fool proof.

I hope someone tries it as I'm keen to try the other recipes you have here.

smile