Limping

Dallas CGC

Dallas Boo Bear

Purred: Sun Aug 14, '11 4:57pm PST 
Hi, I am new to this group. This will be my first post. I am looking for some help for Dallas. She is my Australian Cattle Dog and she has had a bit of a limp for the past 2 months. She has seen the vet, but they haven't found a specific cause for it. In other words, she is not injured. I think it may be arthritis setting in, as she is 7 years old. She is also very stubborn and will not give any hints as to which leg is bothering her, even at the vets. I have started giving her joint supplements, but I was wondering if there are any massages or stretching excercises I can do with her to alleviate some of the pain. I wish I could take her for accupuncture, but it's just not in our family budget. She is raw fed also, and currently her diet consists of ground chicken legs, heart, liver and bone. She is also a bit overweight which we are working on. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Riley-Otis

Im an Angel sent- from heaven!

Purred: Fri Nov 25, '11 12:10pm PST 
Hope these ideas give your baby some relief.
My holistic vet prescribed these for my 105 lb Lab,
He was limping on his left front, took him in to see the doc and this is what we got, and how often.
Riley gets 1 fish oil capsule 2x a day, and 1 Advanced formula Glucosamine and Chondroitin 2x a day.
Both of these can be purchased at any drugstore.
It took about a month to see positive improvement, and he will be taking these for the rest of his life, well worth it to us.