What Do You Know?

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 47)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Tigger

Tig DaCatt!

Purred: Sun Oct 10, '10 6:59pm PST 
Did you know that Columbus Day is not a holiday in Canada because the 2nd Monday in October is Canadian Thanksgiving,& Columbus Day usually conflicts with the 3 Day Thanksgiving Holiday? Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian Friends!wave

Nuk Anuk

Couching Tiger

Purred: Wed Nov 10, '10 4:55pm PST 
My Gotcha Day means many different things in different countries

November - 11 Thursday Armistice Day France
November - 11 Thursday Remembrance Day Canada
November - 11 Thursday Armistice Day Belgium
November - 11 Thursday Independence Day Poland
November - 11 Thursday Veterans Day USA
... Russians in Western Siberia celebrate Yeti Day on November 11

Oliver

Mr. Kookamunga

Purred: Fri Nov 12, '10 2:52pm PST 
Dis iz one of my mom's flaborite bits uv twivia...

In 1918, the influenza epidemic killed more peoples world wide (50 million in ONE year) than lives claimed during WWI (16 million).

Tigger

Tig DaCatt!

Purred: Thu Nov 18, '10 5:31pm PST 
We have heard about that,Oliver,& did you know...It could happen again? All it takes is the right mutation in the flu virus(which mutates every year anyway),& Humans (& maybe dogs & cats too) would be history!eek Want a "fun" read? Check out "The Coming Plague" by Laurie Garrett. There are LOTS of nasty diseases that could wipe out Humans,even some they thought they defeated! Then who would open our food cans for us????eek

Cali

Grrrrlcat!!!

Purred: Thu Nov 18, '10 5:35pm PST 
OK,since we're talking disaster here,did you know that the number of people WORLD WIDE who are watching out for asteroids that might crash into the Earth could just about staff your average McDonald's? shock Sleep tight,all!

Dusty the- Puppycat- *DLM*

I am Puppycat- the Dogster- Stud!

Purred: Wed Jun 13, '12 2:22pm PST 
The ancient Egyptians were the first civilization to realize the cat's potential as a vermin hunter and tamed cats to protect the corn supplies on which their lives depended.

Samson T.- Hunter

Master of All He- Sees

Purred: Mon Jul 2, '12 3:36am PST 
See, they were smart enough to recognize our infinite talents! way to go

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 47)  
1  2  3  4  5