What Do You Know?

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Tigger

Tig DaCatt!

Purred: Tue Jun 22, '10 5:19pm PST 
This isn't really a game or a contest,it's just where we can post any fun fact that we come across. I'll start out with this: did you know that red chili peppers have 3 times the Vitamin C of Oranges & twice the Iron of spinach? Maybe the Humans should start their day with a glass of Jalapeno Juice,& Popeye should scarf down some Habaneros before he beats somebody up!thinking Anybody else got a Fun Fact to know & tell?

KIBBLES

Purred: Tue Jun 22, '10 6:20pm PST 
Did you know you can eat flowers?
Yes Pansy, Violoas, Nasturiums, and Daylilies, and Squash Blossoms.
They are great in salads as well as pretty.
Daylilies and Squash Blossom are great as tempura or you can stuff them with cream cheese. Give them a try! wave

Sassy

True- Puurrrrfection

Purred: Tue Jun 22, '10 7:12pm PST 
The heaviest domestic cat is a tabby called 'Himmy' who weighed (46lb 15oz) at his death in 1984. Below is his picture. (click the cat link below)

cat

Edited by author Tue Jun 22, '10 7:13pm PST

Monida

I look so- innocent when- I'm sleeping.

Purred: Wed Jun 23, '10 2:19am PST 
The teddy bear is named for President Theodore Roosevelt. Legend has it he came across an injured and exhausted bear and spared its life, thus it became known as Teddy's bear. (While he didn't shoot the bear, he believed it was in too much pain, so he had someone else do it.)

The Pharaoh- Loki Mahes

He who must be- obeyed

Purred: Wed Jun 23, '10 8:48am PST 
The woodpeckers tongue is so long(in many cases as long as the woodpecker itself), that it is not attached to the woodpecker's head as in most birds, but instead it curls back up around its skull, allowing it to be so long. Once the woodpecker locates an insects tunnel in a tree, it worms its tongue into the tunnel to try to locate the grub. The tongue of the woodpecker is long and ends in a barb. With its tongue the woodpecker skewers the grub and draws it out of the trunk.

I am truly meowless over this..mol..

Sassy

True- Puurrrrfection

Purred: Wed Jun 23, '10 6:44pm PST 
Electric eels can generate an electrical charge of 600 volts or more in order to stun prey or zap predators. (wow thats a lot of volts)!
thinkingcheercheer

Nuk Anuk

Couching Tiger

Purred: Wed Jun 23, '10 9:49pm PST 
What makes thunder? ~ The air around a lightning bolt is superheated to about five times the temperature of the Sun . This sudden heating causes the air to expand faster than the speed of sound, which compresses the air and forms a shock wave; we hear it as thunder.

Sassy

True- Puurrrrfection

Purred: Thu Jun 24, '10 1:23pm PST 
Did you know?

The IRS employees tax manual has instructions for collecting taxes after a nuclear war.shockshock

That is ridiculous, big laughbig laughbig laughbig laughlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud

Monida

I look so- innocent when- I'm sleeping.

Purred: Thu Jun 24, '10 1:36pm PST 
All these facts are amazing!

It is believed that high heels may have been invented by Leonardo de Vinci.

Tigger

Tig DaCatt!

Purred: Thu Jun 24, '10 4:02pm PST 
Did you know that the wild Serval cat of Africa can jump 20 feet from a stationary position? If I were a Serval,I could jump on the roof from the front yard!shock

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5