(Page 9 of 9: Viewing entries 81 to 85)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Webster

Eternally in- love with- Katie...

Purred: Sat May 12, '12 8:00pm PST 
Neeko, this bit of your code:

/* All links */
A { COLOR: #ffffff ! important }

...does exactly what it's supposed to do. It sets the text color of ALL links to pure white. You even have "!important" set on to try to make sure it does it! But some links still show up in other colors, for whatever reason (various possibilities), leaving you with only the problem of that one drop-down.

Try taking out that "!important". Since your nav bar code comes later in the stylesheet, that simple step could fix things up for you.

Neeko

Hello ladies!

Purred: Sun May 13, '12 3:48pm PST 
Thanks, Webster! Taking "! important" out didn't fix it. I thought maybe there might be a part of the buttonbar code that I could change that would fix it, but if that's the only part of the buttonbar that's not going to show up I'm not going to stress over it...just thought I'd see if there was a fix someone knew about. way to go

Webster

Eternally in- love with- Katie...

Purred: Sun May 13, '12 7:30pm PST 
Okay, just working from memory here and my memory is not the greatest! But I do recall seeing some of your nav bar code (look in the stuff that starts out with "#dmg-") that had the color set to #FFFFFF (pure white). So that would be the next thing to try changing to whatever color you are trying to make it.

Bark back! dog

Edited by author Sun May 13, '12 7:31pm PST

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Mon May 14, '12 8:02am PST 
I believe it's the "P" in Neeko's CSS that's making those titles in the dropdowns "white". It's affecting some titles in the first dropdown "Magazine", too -- not just the 3rd dropdown.

The "P" is too general and is affecting fonts all over the page when you probably meant it to affect your diary text only, Neeko. You have in your CSS:

/* Default font for diary entry */
P { FONT: bold 12pt "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: #ffffff }

In the FONTS thread, you'll see the "selector" shown for the Diary text is #profileContent p rather than just "P". It's shown this way:

/* Default font for diary entry */
#profileContent p { COLOR: #444444; }

When you add #profileContent as shown, it makes "P" more specific, so it affects only the "#profileContent" portion of the page. If you look in the Tutorial, you'll see that #profileContent starts below the buttonbars. By adding #profileContent, the "P" will no longer affect anything in the buttonbars or the dropdowns. Those titles will return to their proper off-black color (I hope!).

Also in the FONTS thread, the selector for the links is shown as #profileContent A -- not "A" alone.

Edited by author Mon May 14, '12 8:20am PST

Neeko

Hello ladies!

Purred: Mon May 14, '12 2:09pm PST 
Yes, Webster, I have the font color set for white (fffff) in the buttonbar part because that's what I wanted the font to be on the buttonbar itself. I tried the changes Ashlynne suggested, and that resolved the problem. Thanks to both of you for your help.way to go

(Page 9 of 9: Viewing entries 81 to 85)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9