Cook books

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Sat Sep 5, '09 5:42am PST 
Hi Kitties,
Any one out there like to help their people cook? Climbing on the counter, putting our heads in the bowls, sitting on the cook books so save the page. It's all a great way to help And get the first taste!
The cook book we are using this week is Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison. We are going to try the Mushroom Lasagne this weekend!

Robby Jay

C'mon, I'll race- you!

Purred: Sat Sep 5, '09 4:40pm PST 
I DO! I DO, Emma! I LIKE to help cook! I like to walk all over the counter! And through the sink! And over the stove! I like to do ALL that stuff!

Your lasagne sounds YUMMY! Our favorite cookbook is probably Joy of Cooking--and we have an old paperback edition that still tells how to skin a squirrel and stuff like that that is FUN for kitties! But The Biped does not look at those parts.

Your friend,
Chef Robby Jay

Flower - Purrecious- Angel

Flowie The- Warrior Queen!- (Thanks, Bugsy

Purred: Mon Sep 28, '09 5:44am PST 
I LOVE to help my Momma cook, especially out on the grill! She cooks lots of fishies and I love fishies! We gots a cookbook about making fishies from Menards, of all places and it's got lots of great recipes! She didn't make fish last night though...just pork cutlets. I like pork ok, but it's not FISHIES!
cheer

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Wed Sep 19, '12 5:50am PST 
Yesterday, mom cooked stuffed eggplant. She looked up some ideas on line though. Hmmmm, the new cook book. The eggplant was from her garden and so were the tomatoes. She also added garlic,mushrooms and onions. She cooked it all up in a bit of olive oil then spooned it into the eggplant shells then baked it (covered)
Then after 30 min at 350, she put bread crumbs and a big handful of mozzarella cheese on them and baked it a few mins more without a cover. Mom said Yummy!!
Oh, she added some herbs for flavor too. Papa said he would like sausage in it but mom cooks vegetarian big grin

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Fri Sep 28, '12 5:23pm PST 
Mom got the new cook book by the Blind Kitty Rescue. Today she tried one of the green bean casserole dishes. Does anybody else have that book? We can tell each other what we tried and liked big grin

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Fri Oct 5, '12 6:14am PST 
From the Blind Kitty rescue book, momma also made one of the hamburger casseroles. She made it cheeseburger style. Papa loved it!! Mom made a little one for her too with the veggie crumbles. She liked hers too. Robby Jay and Flowie, are you still helping in the kitchen?

Robby Jay

C'mon, I'll race- you!

Purred: Fri Oct 19, '12 7:28pm PST 
Hi Emma!

Yes, I DO still like to help cook! I like to help do EVERYTHING! I am actually quite accomplished at many things, most of which cause the Biped to yell, ROBBBBBYYYY!" It is very fun.

We made homemade spaghetti sauce today from the tomatoes in our garden. It is surprising how a whole kettle full of tomatoes only yields a scant six cups of sauce. But they will be DELICIOUS to pull out of the freezer this winter!

Your friend,
Robby Jay

Emma (in- memory)

Purred: Mon Jan 7, '13 3:38pm PST 
Did you help your mom make spaghetti yet Robby Jay?

Robby Jay

C'mon, I'll race- you!

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '13 3:42pm PST 
Not yet, Emma. But I will help SOON!