Dayzee's Food For The Soul

(Page 56 of 56: Viewing entries 551 to 552)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  
♥- Dayzee- ♥

I got THE- power!! Jesus.

Purred: Sun Oct 30, '11 7:48am PST 
“ Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them. . . . ”
Romans 12:6 (RSV)
Long ago we’d been told that if Nellie, our black Labrador retriever who suffered from chronic pancreatitis and was an incorrigible food thief to boot, absconded with one more piece of chocolate, it might well be her last. This evening as we’d washed up the dinner dishes, Nellie began to pace the kitchen in wide circles, panting and eyeing us wildly.

We wondered what was wrong until we found an empty, chewed-up box on the back porch. It had once contained a large selection of gourmet brownies. Now, all that was left were tiny shreds of foil and cellophane.

It was the weekend and our veterinarian’s office was closed, so I picked up the phone and dialed my sister Katrina, a large-animal vet. Through halting tears, I explained what had happened. “You must get Nellie to the animal emergency hospital now, ” she said.

I kept the cell phone and Katrina’s reassuring voice to my ear all through the emergency room evaluation. As the hospital veterinarian told us what could be done, Katrina explained what it all meant. From three hundred miles away, she gave me questions to ask the vet, translated the answers and helped us decide what to do.

Nellie was led away, and for a long hour we could hear her yelping from behind closed doors. Finally the doctor returned to tell us that Nellie would be fine in another twenty-four hours. She also told me that my sister was a remarkable vet.

I called Katrina the next day to thank her for what she had been for me through that trying time. “You’re welcome,” she said, “but it was easy. That’s what I do.”

Dear Lord, You’ve given all of us our own talents and abilities, and when we share them, we do for each other what we were meant to do.

By Anne Adriance

♥- Dayzee- ♥

I got THE- power!! Jesus.

Purred: Sun Nov 20, '11 7:08am PST 
Where?
=======

There was a little boy,
On the week's first day,
Coming home from Sunday School
And wandering on the way.

He scuffed his shoes into the grass
And found a caterpillar.
He found a fluffy milkweed pod
And blew out all the filler.

A bird's nest in a tree above,
So wisely placed on high,
Was just another wonder
That caught his eager eye.

A neighbor watched his crooked course
And hailed him from the lawn.
He asked him where he'd been that day
And what was going on.

"I've been to Sunday School," he said
As he turned a piece of sod,
And picking up a worm, he smiled,
"I've learned a lot from God!"

"That's a fine way," the neighbor said,
"For a boy to spend his time.
"Now if you can tell me where God is,
I'll give you a brand new dime."

Quick as a flash the answer came,
The boy said without complaint,
"I'll give you a dollar, Mister,
If you can tell me where God ain't!"

~Author Unknown~

(Page 56 of 56: Viewing entries 551 to 552)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56