Close X

Color Text and Fonts in Forum Threads

(Page 29 of 29: Viewing entries 281 to 286)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  
KITTY KITTY

KITTY KITTY

Purred: Fri Mar 16, '12 12:23pm PST 
OMC I JUST WANT A CODE SO I CAN HAVE COLORED SPARKLE BEHIND MY TEXT ON MY GROUP PAGE! PLEASE CHECK IT OUT HERE PAWLEASE eekeekeekeekeek

SEE HIGHLIGHTED AREA BEHIND THE TEXT ON THE GROUP PAGE. THAT IS WHERE I WANT THE SPARKLE COLOR INSTEAD OF WHAT I HAVE NOW.

I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP
eekeekeekeek

Edited by author Fri Mar 16, '12 12:38pm PST

KITTY KITTY

KITTY KITTY

Purred: Fri Mar 16, '12 12:37pm PST 
OK I WILL FIND A THREAD FOR BACKGROUNDS. THIS GETS A LITTLE CONFUSING BECAUSE OF SO MANY THINGS WE WORK WITH.

hailhailhailhailhailhailhailhail

Chloe

It's Chloe's way- or the highway!

Purred: Mon Sep 30, '13 3:31pm PST 
cry

Edited by author Mon Sep 30, '13 3:32pm PST

Webster

Eternally in- love with- Katie...

Purred: Mon Sep 30, '13 9:24pm PST 
What's the matter, Chloe? thinking

Angel- ♥Kally- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Mon May 2, '16 11:36am PST 
Hello furrs,
Mommy noticed that her favorite font is missing on her computer no matta where she goes! shrug
I've checked all the e mail fonts that I have & there is no
Script MT Bold
It was replaced with French Script MT, how did all that came about? thinking

Well, I'll wait until some one may have the answer to this missing link!
Other folks I know also noticed that too!

Bear

I'm a wild and- crazy guy!

Purred: Sat May 14, '16 7:25pm PST 
Software vendors change things like that when new versions are released, often annoying users accustomed to having a specific thing available. Whether it's games included with MS Windows (humans are touchy about their Solitaire!) or certain favorite features in a particular program, alas, we're all subject to the whims of some marketing gurus in their ivory towers.

Fonts are also changed with some regularity. But you don't need to be left high and dry. There are sources for free fonts online. However, you MUST be very, VERY careful where you get them, to avoid downloadng malware or spyware.

I'm not qualified to answer any questions about the legalities of using fonts. I don't know how to check whether any given font is "stolen" or may legitimately be used without paying for it. But if you examine the Terms & Conditions and/or FAQ pages of a website offering font downloads, you'll probably get some idea where they stand.

Here are a couple of them that have been recommended to my family:
FontsGeek
FontSquirrel

And here is an article with suggestions on finding free fonts:
The Top 10 Places to Find Free Fonts - Thousands of Free Fonts for the Taking

Also, if you find what you need but need help making them actually work on your system, check this out:
How Do I Make Downloaded Fonts Show Up in the Font List of My Software?

I have very little experience in this area; maybe someone else who knows more on this subject can pitch in their advice..?

(Page 29 of 29: Viewing entries 281 to 286)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29