Anybody Got Updates?

Zeppelin J.- Dogg, ESQ

My Genetic Color- Code is e/e,- b/b.

Purred: Fri Jul 11, '08 11:42am PST 
how's everyone's gardening going? it's sure been a bizarre summer...this time last year it was 110 degrees outside here in kentucky. we're back and forth between the 80's and the 90's this year. this time last year we were having a drought as well, but this year we're getting plenty of rain.

so far the only thing i've gotten out of my garden are yellow crookneck squash. my cucumbers are doing horribly, i have no idea why, i think too much rain. same with my watermelon, it's pretty well dead. i have a ton of green tomatoes (which are delicious fried) but still no red ones! my field peas are growing beautifully, same with green beans and potatoes and peppers...but nothing to harvest yet. frown

i planted nasturtiums all around my tomato plants, and marigolds here, there, and everywhere in the garden. they all look SO pretty. from now on, i will ALWAYS incorporate flowers into my veggie garden.

Mattie

Say no to B.O.!

Purred: Fri Jul 11, '08 8:08pm PST 
I think we've gotten more rain this year than in the last 5 yrs together. I had to replant a lot of seeds that rotted, it was so wet. I did several runs of beans trying to get a good stand, and it would start raining as soon as I planted a new batch. So most of the bean rows look really skimpy, though they've got a good set of blooms on them at least. I just started picking one of the varieties today.

I started a garden blog a couple weeks ago, it has a few pictures of some of the things I've been picking.
http://inacooksgarden.blogspot.com/