Salmon Poisoning

  
Dutch

Hey, Big Dog!
 
 
Purred: Fri May 23, '08 11:36pm PST 
I just researched an article on this. If a dog picks up trout or salmon in their mouth and the fish is infected with a certain fluke, they can get salmon poisoning which can be fatal in a very short period of time - 3 days.

Here's a link to a site with more information.

A local dog almost died after picking up a trout from a stocked lake that his owner had in an ice chest in the car. So it can happen anywhere even in the middle of the desert. Just a head's up for those who compost fish in the garden.

Barney

I love my family
 
 
Purred: Wed Dec 31, '08 12:37pm PST 
Thank you for this info!way to go